My family hates my ex boyfriend, what should I do?

Ok I have been broken up with my boyfriend for over a year now but we still talk. My family used to love my ex boyfriend because he respected me an our house was a really sweet guy everyone loved him . But after we broke up an we decided to get back together soon an remain friends. My ex and I hung out a few times an I would call him every now an then , sometimes he would call back. Now I'm getting from my parents an sisters saying that I should stop being so desperate an to stop calling him so much an that he's not thinking about me. He's been asking me to hang out with him sometime an parents won't even let me do that. An I don't know what to do because I still care for this guy a lot I mean a lot but at the same time I don't want to let them down because I still want to be with him what should I do?

An my sisters had complaints about him too an is it the best idea to tell him the reason why I can't hang out with him anymore or should I not?

And we text too, should I stop text him?

10