Do you worry about being cheated on?

Perhaps you have trust but it still crosses your mind.

Maybe something your partner says or does makes you wonder.

Maybe you have been cheated on and have trust issues.

Maybe you don't think anyone would ever cheat on you!

Please explain all!

• I don't worry at all
  • I trust my partner but I get worried about being cheated on
  • I don't trust my partner at all
    Vote C
  • It worries me so much I can't have a relationship
    Vote D

2714

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, and I've been cheated on before too.

To me, it serves no purpose to sit and worry about what MIGHT (or might not) happen, as that will only cause your insecurities to grow and give you a ton of anxiety that you don't need. To me, if I get cheated on then it's really not all that hard to leave the relationship at that point. If they're willing to cheat, then they aren't as serious about you as they say and thus cutting them loose is a breeze.

My girlfriend is easily a perfect 10, and I'm not just biased lol. She always has guys coming up to her, cat-calling her or yelling as they drive by (I mean at least try to hit on her like a decent guy hahaha), approaching her when she goes out, subtle flirting or otherwise, and just basically getting a ton of male attention. On top of all this, she's much more of an extrovert than I am. Every so often she will want me to come out with her on the weekends, but more often she's going out with her friends or with her girls while I'm doing my own thing.

But yeah, on top of me not being able to control if she cheats on me for some reason, I'm pretty secure with what we've got going on as it is. She's never given me a reason to doubt or mistrust her, she's mature about things when she goes out, and we just vibe really well. She will tell me about funny approaches guys make on her and we'll laugh about it. And only a few times has a guy tried approaching and hitting on her when I'm sitting right there. I guess he looked at me and didn't think I was the type of guy to get a girl like her, so he took his shot. I tried coaching him on what she likes so maybe his approach would go a little better (because come on, that's rude to do that to a girl and guy that are someplace). He figured out and walked away lol.

If she answered this question, she would probably answer the same way...because I'd have my knife out and would be glaring at her to answer how I say :|

(joking)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I completely agree with this dude. There's no point in worrying about it and I'm comfortable in my own skin so... whatever. It's funny how women worry more about it. I think statistics show that women are just as likely to cheat. I guess they all know how they are so they suspect their boyfriends of the worst, right?

• Completly right. By sitting and worrying it's almost like you are asking for it to happen. Like your focusing on it. And yes if they do cheat then how could they have been that serious. Sounds like you have a great relationship :)

• I mean, I wouldn't say you're asking for it to happen because not everyone has the capacity to cheat lol. But you are asking to introduce problems into your relationship or probably end it due to your insecurities.

And yeah, we've got it going on :)