Buddy's wife gives birth to black baby. What should he do?

Buddy came back 9 months in Afghanistan to be with his wife during her delivery. She gives birth to a black baby in front of everyone at the hospital. She wants him to stay or pay for child support and says that it's his fault that he wasn't there so she got lonely.

My buddy is heartbroken/pissed and punching the wall right now. I don't want to approach him cos he's a marine and you don't want to get in between a marine and a wall especially when he's losing it.

Any advice on what to tell him? I don't think he will stay with her.
  • Divorce her and Refuse to pay support and tell her to go to the guy who knocked her up
  • Divorce her but pay child support
  • Stay with her and try to work it out
    Vote C
The black baby is not worse in a racial way, but worse in that he cannot deny it or sweep it under the rug. It's obvious to everyone who sees the baby and he looks like a disrespected man. If the baby was white, he might have not even noticed.
She now has a social worker helping her to get child support from him. When he asked her why she doesn't pursue the biological father of the child, she said that the man in unemployed and that she wouldn't get anything from him.

1728

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a most precarious, not to mention, Most Embarrassing situation. And Of course, a slap in the face to the "frustrated father."
    I don't blame him in the least for Not wanting to stick around for the drama and diapers. Tell your buddy, Sure as building blocks, Would be plenty of THAT. No doubt about it.
    He is Not obligated to pay for baggage that doesn't belong to him, so might I suggest he get a DNA test to prove that the kid Isn't his (for legality sake), and this way he has ammo for the future.
    However, if he does go to divorce court with his cheating cheetah, her lawyer could possibly get her "alimony pay," in which he would have to support her bum bump until she decides to remarry either---black or white again.
    Tell him I am so sorry. Yes, loneliness was most likely her excuse, but cheating is Not, and although I am not one to judge nor sweep dirt in someone Else's doorway, there was absolutely NO REASON for her to have gotten herself "barefoot and pregnant" with any man's baby, especially Now, where NO ONE can show face to even hide The Fact. xx

• He can't use the paternity test in the future, he has to use it now.

• be angry and complaining never helps. in this situation what the LAW wants is for the father to be Ruthless in disowning the child. having second thoughts about loving your wife or the child and he will become the father regardless of genetics. the law does not look into the circustances of cheating or genetics. even if your wife was to give birth to kangaroo. if you were with her during birth and your married. thats already 2 counts of you as the presumed father. enough for you to pay for child support. by this time you arealready fighting an uphill battle. you MUST IMMIDEATLY FILE FOR DIVORCE AND HAVE AN AMAZING ATTORNEY TO FIGHT CHILD SUPPORT. i pray to god you did not sign anything at the hospital or pay any of the bills with your name. since your a military more burdens for automatic alimony sucks. in the laws eyes there is no such thing as a infidelity in divorce. pro tip:try to compute the cost of the paternity disestablishment+lawyers/trial vs the cost of paying child support f

• Thank you, sweetie, for allowing me to lend a helping hand in this delicate situation.. best of luck in the future.:)) xxoo