How long did it take your ex to call you back after NC (no contact) rule?

My ex broke with me two months ago for an unknown reason. We had a nice 2.5 month relationship and there weren't any issues so it was a real shock when he just stopped responding to my messages. And when i encountered him in a bar few days later he didn't want to talk to me at all so i just left it like that because i didn't want to push him into something he doesn't want to do. At first i was devastated, but after two months of successful NC he still hasn't called. I feel much better now and i'm ready to move on but one part of me still wonders will he ever call me? I really liked him (up to the point of break-up when i considered him rude) and he seemed to enjoy spending time with me so this breakup left me confused.

i know that nc should be about healing, not manipulating anyone and it worked great deal for me cause i don't feel hurt as i did when i started it. and i'm not trying to play mind-games with him, i just wanted both of us to cool down and not to talk to each other for a while.

so my question is this - has nc ever worked for you and how long did it take?
  • yes, nc worked for me after a month or two
  • yes, nc worked for me after 2-4 months
  • yes, nc worked for me after 4+ months
    Vote C
  • no, it never worked for me
    Vote D

11

Most Helpful Guy

• The NC rule is made to help you get over someone, not to get them back. If a girl goes into NC, i'll act like a gentleman and leave her alone. At that point i take the NC as a "i don't want anything to do with you", so i react just the same: I don't care what she does, what's happening, where is she going and with whom. NC is made to help you realize that life without the other person will still go on.
    So it's 2 options you have:
    you want to get over, so you use the NC.
    OR
    you want that person and try and contact. I don't see why you should wait to see if the other person does something. Who knows maybe he thinks the same "why isn't she calling me" "will she ever call". You never know.

• i did it because i wanted to forget about him and because i'm very proud, i must admit it :)

thank you for your opinion, i needed a guy's point of view :)