How long did it take your ex to call you?

one of the most frequently asked questions after a breakup, let's get some answers from personal experiences as everyone has gone through them

in my opinion any "breakup" where you get back together in less than one month is not really a breakup, just a fight

1.were you the dumper or dumpee?

2.who contacted who first?

3.how long were you in a relationship for?

4.what was the reason for the breakup? in your opinion

5.when they contacted you was it to get back together or just see how you were?

6. If they wanted to get back together, did you already move on by the time they contacted you?

7. If you did get back together, how long did it last?

lol imo I think that a breakup occurs when the relationship is broken beyond repair. from personal experiences once a real breakup happens even if you get back together, it doesn't last too long. id say anywhere from a few weeks to a few months tops

feel free to describe as many past relationships as you want
  • 1-2 months
  • 3-5 months
  • 6 months - year
    Vote C
  • 1 year+
    Vote D
  • Never
    Vote E
let me add

#8: how long did it take for the ex to contact you

a lot of people are submitting answers to the poll which is great but it makes me wonder if they just wanted to view the results, I shuda added an option to view the results lol

so just also add #8 if you get the chance... good looks

here is an updated version of this question

link

207

Most Helpful Girl

• I've only been in one relationship where we actually broke up and got back together. I disagree about the whole 'one month rule', as far as that not constituting a real break up. If you break up, then you break up, doesn't matter if you get back together one day later or one year later. I do have two relationships for examples though.

#1. I was the dumper

#2. I contacted him, the very next day

#3. We were together for 2 years pre breakup, and then one more year post breakup

#4. He was never going to treat me right if I stayed, it took me leaving for him to truly see the error of his ways

#5. When I contacted him, it was to get back together

#6. It was the very next day when I contacted him, so no, obviously neither of us had moved on.

#7. It lasted for one more year after we got back together.

Relationship number 2:

#1. I was the dumpee

#2. I contacted him first, and he completely ignored me.

#3. We were together for btwn 5-6 months

#4. He had been distant and I made the mistake of sort of freaking out on him, asking him if I was a rebound. Yea, he didn't like that. (Turns out I was right though)

#5. When he DID finally contact me, about 2-3 months later, yes, it was to get back together.

#6. I had already moved on (to the guy I am now engaged to)

#7. No, we did not get back together. I had already started seeing someone else and it was really nice to tell him NO. I told him that I had really liked him, and that I had tried and got sick of trying. Kind of like, too little too late bucko, sorry bout your luck! He ended up going back to the ex and she was pregnant within 2 months of when he had contacted me. Things definitely worked out for the better. Even though, at the time of the break up, I thought I REALLY wanted him, he's not even close to as good of a guy for me, as my current beau is. Hence the expression, 'They're an ex for a reason.'