I'm not interested in dating, relationships, or sex. Let me explain...

Anonymous

I'm not interested in dating, relationships, or sex. Let me explain.....

I am a 20 year old female and I am NOT interested in dating, relationships, or sex. For as long as I can remember I have felt like the 'late bloomer' of the bunch because I didn't do what others normally did when it comes to dating, etc. Even in HS I was never that girl who had a different boyfriend every year. Everyone made it seem like being in a relationship was something that just HAD to be done.

I've never had a boyfriend and I haven't been in a relationship. Finally, at the age of 20, I am completely okay with that. I no longer compare myself to other girls because i'm not like other [typical] girls. I don't want to date just because someone is cute, or because I want a title. I don't want to date someone so I can have something to do or just so I can say that I am dating them. I want more. And I'll be darned if I let anyone make me feel bad for it.

When I date, I want to be courted. DO NOT ask me to 'Netflix and Chill', do not ask me out over text and do not ask me to just "hang out". What ever happened to just flat out asking someone to go out on a date. What happened to letting someone know that you like them and you want to spend time with them. What ever happened to enjoying someone's company without sex being involved.

My generation is so detached from their emotions it's frightening. I don't want to be someone's experiment. I'm not saying that i'm not willing to learn and grow with someone special but I will not be someone's option...I want to be a priority.

I'm not putting [all of] the blame on anyone else. I have a lot of growing to do on my own. The simple fact is that I want to be ready. I don't want to half do anything especially not a relationship. I want to be successful, well educated, and confident before I bring anyone into my life. I need to bring something to the table instead of just sitting and expecting others to bring something to me. I wanna be able to give my all; and I can't do that if I'm not whole within myself.

Therefore, i'm not interested!

18
10
10Girl Opinion
18Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• xslope

"I am a 20 year old female and I am NOT interested in dating, relationships, or sex."
    -And you don't have to. Do you and what fits for you.

"I don't want to date just because someone is cute, or because I want a title. I don't want to date someone so I can have something to do or just so I can say that I am dating them. I want more."
    -You don't want to date or have relationships. Alrighty then! You do you.

"When I date, I want to be courted."
    -Wait what? You just said you do not want to date. Who is this cruel person who is making you to date when you do not want to?

"I'm not saying that i'm not willing to learn and grow with someone special but I will not be someone's option... I want to be a priority."
    -Who is this someone special? Is it your family member since you are not into dating or relationships?

"I want to be successful, well educated, and confident before I bring anyone into my life. I need to bring something to the table instead of just sitting and expecting others to bring something to me. I wanna be able to give my all; and I can't do that if I'm not whole within myself."
    -That is a great way to see life. It's starting to sound more and more that you are into dating at some point.

"Therefore, i'm not interested!"
    - Right now. Maybe never, but at least we all know now!

LikeDisagree 4 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Mekkalyn

I think you are missing the point, sir.

• xslope

@Mekkalyn What is the point then?

• M_A_X

@Mekkalyn don't tell someone they're missing the point if you don't get it yourself lol

Most Helpful Girl

• kaylaS91

... you sound extremely entitled. You want to basically be treated like a princess, 'courted' and basically served everything on a silver platter while offering nothing in return. At least nothing worth of being mentioned?

Then you still have the nerve to say that your 'generation is so detached from their emotions it's frightening'. I'd say you sound more frightening than your generation. You'er the kind of girl who makes it harder for the rest of us. Lacking any normal semblance of empathy then trying to pass it off as simply being 'not interested' because your Mr. Right has yet to arrive.

LikeDisagree 8 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • rcmp1234

I dont see anything wrong with what's she asking. All she really said was she doesn't want to netflix and chill and want to be courted. If you're not into courting, and would rather just have a guy Netflix and Chill, that's your prerogative as well.

• kaylaS91

@rcmp1234 She 'just asked' or stated her demands in a very matter of fact manner. Sounds a lot to me like she wants everything in the relationship to be given to her on a silver platter, and not once did she mention what she'd be wiling to bring to the table, if anything at all. A bit one-sided in my eyes...

• She quite blatantly said that she wanted to wait until she had something to bring into a real relationship and wasn't interested in just sex or a relationship before she had something to offer a relationship. "I need to bring something to the table instead of just sitting and expecting others to bring something to me." It is extremely clear here that she doesn't want the treatment you are accusing her of demanding.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

917
  • Anonymous

Again another stupid mytake, I don't care about you like someone said "Because they're hoping that the whole world will change to meet their standards after we're aware of them"

LikeDisagree 5 People
    Reply
  • Anonymous

Once you date someone your whole perspective about relationships is gonna change because it doesn't matter if you are 15 16 or 20 or 27 you still have to date more than just one guy maybe 2 but its rare that you will find your soulmate in the furst couple relationships the more you wait the harder it is because being in a relationship is one thing but going through a break up is another. And for you to learn and grow as a person and of course get to know how the dating thing is you first need to break up with someone because thats when you realize what dating is all about. Dont be so picky when it comes to "letting the special one into your life" be more open minded. Even date a guy that you might be a bit interested in just to see what a relationship is all about. You dont have to be loke other women and be in a relationship but do it for your self because the more time you let that pass the harder it is. Good luck!

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Anonymous

In your last paragraph you mentioned you want to be successful, well educated and confident before you bring anyone into your life. I remember when i was your age i had the same thoughts and i achieved all of that and more, my career, my own house, car, everything i wanted i got, except what my heart wanted.

Today i have no one at my side and my achievements seem to take a backseat now in my life. I wish i did sacrifice some time in my twenties to find someone and maybe fall in love. It becomes so hard at my age. Most good guys are already taken. I understand what you say in your mytake and do't want to be someones experiment but also not every is out there to mess around with girls.

Some advice from an older girl who made some mistakes in her twenties.

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Reply
  • Anonymous

"My generation is so detached from their emotions it's frightening." - nice mytake, i agree with most of what you say. I would like your opinion on something. How did our generation get detached from their emotions?

Like 3 People
    Reply
  • Anonymous

You might want to consider what sort of man you are likely to attract. When doing so try very hard to see men as they actually are and not as you would like them to be or as they are depicted in romantic movies and books.

I'd say you are throwing a hail mary pass myself.

Like 3 People
    Reply
  • Anonymous

OK, we won't ask you out.

Like 4 People
    Reply