7 Types of Guys Women Should Avoid Dating

4 Types of Guys Women Should Avoid Dating

1.The man with a fragile ego

Someone who gets annoyed a lot over very small, trivial things. This is the sign of a control freak. The need for control arises from an inflated sense of importance, entitlement, and susceptibility. The bigger an ego is the more control it needs over everything. The more control it needs, the more annoyed it gets over little things that aren't "perfect".

2.The lack-of-ambition guy.

Be very wary of men who talk up a big game of what they plan on doing with their lives. Some men with no ambition whatsoever like to talk up a good game, but at the end of the day, they are just saying what they know women want to hear. There is nothing wrong with a guy who wants to grow into a better person, just make sure that he’s genuine.

3.The always-looking-for-a-deal guy.

Be wary of men who constantly look for deals and comment on prices early on in the dating process. While everyone likes a good deal, real men will not make this known when courting a woman. These are signs that he will likely be very cheap throughout the duration of the relationship.

4. The underachiever

You know the type. Video games, couch, raiding the refrigerator, repeat.

5. The cynical, depressed and always pessimistic guy

A Pessimist is a Person who will Generally, most of the time, see the Negative, Bad, Flaw-filled or Imperfect about Virtually Anything, no matter how Neutral or Positive it could be, however, a Pessimist is not always Pessimistic.

6. The man who takes himself way too seriously

He is not open to advice, differing perspectives, or opposing opinions. The Mr. Know it all who is extremely condescending.

7.The man with an inflated sense of himself

He is a self-absorbed person or an elitist pig, usually found inflating his ego to the point of nausea.

2553

Most Helpful Guy

• Nobody with any kind of grasp on reality will take you or your list seriously.
    Self-deluded jackholes will eat it up though.

• I agree. I doubt there is a human alive that couldn't be placed on that list. It sounds more like a list to try and place blame on others than to accept responsibility for being the cause of not finding a healthy relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex partner went through quite a while of being very depressed ( I'm not going to say he had full-on depression, because we don't know that -he never saw anyone about it... and I'm not going to say it was phase he went through because it's become such a insulting term)
    He also had no desire for a long time to get a proper job. He wasn't interested in a career, He was happy dealing drugs and selling everything he could that was stolen. He was also the fridge raider/video game guy

He's also the best guy I know. He'd do anything for the people he cares about. He looks out for everyone, and he knows a hell of a lot more than most people who class themselves as "better" than him.
    He gave me my little boy, and he is an absolutely brilliant dad to him. I couldn't have asked for a better father for my son. He doesn't see him as much as he'd like, but that's because nowadays, he is busy working.

He had no motivation for a while, many people go through that, and most of the time its down to other stuff going on in their lives. It doesn't mean that they are not worth giving any time to, or that they aren't smart or that they make crappy partners.
    Maybe if you took yourself down off that pedestal, turned off 90210, and went and spent time with guys in the real world, you wouldn't be so judgmental.
    People aren't so black and white, and you may end up very lonely and bitter if you walk around with your nose in the air like this.
    Give guys a chance, you'll be surprised.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 52

• Lol, that's all? Try dating this dude
    49.media.tumblr.com/.../...ggpBHA1r2cudho1_400.gif

• I would def date him

smart, intelligent, brilliant, and yeah, smart

• @WhatTheHellAmy hey Amy why do you dress like your a grandma even though your probably only thirty? Did Sheldon say bazinga right when he came? I don't know I just feel like he would.

• @thewhiteballer my grandma is one sexy bitch, that's why ;)

• Number 2 and 4 explain my step brother perfectly. He’s an expert and talking up a big game and telling women what he knows they want to hear, but now that he’s older he it’s not so easy for him and all the women his age can see through his bullshit. He tends to stick to the younger girls that he knows will not ask a whole lot of questions and just think he’s a cool guy. He doesn’t want to work and spends a lot of his days just hanging around his mommas house (he lives there) playing video games. He has no car of his own to drive and is mostly concerned about scoring his next bag of pot and other fix of drugs. The other guy you should have mentioned was the drug user, but good overall take, all very true.

• Damn solid list!!

• "The need for control arises from an inflated sense of importance, entitlement, and susceptibility"

I don't entirely agree. Many control freaks are like that for the complete opposite reason. They lack self-esteem and feel incapable to improvise in certain situations and being in control gives them the opportunity to plan in advance and therefore avoid situations where their vulnerability is exposed.

• Ref Wiki: Control freaks are often perfectionists[2] defending themselves against their own inner vulnerabilities in the belief that if they are not in total control they risk exposing themselves once more to childhood angst.[3] Such persons manipulate and pressure others to change so as to avoid having to change themselves,[4] and use power over others to escape an inner emptiness.[5] When a control freak's pattern is broken, “the Controller is left with a terrible feeling of powerlessness... but feeling their pain and fear brings them back to themselves.[6]

• She got control freaks mixed up with narcissists and sociopaths. Kind of shows how ill educated OP is.

• A good take overall

• 1 and 7 are the same.
    2 and 4 are the same.
    Lol.

If you're an under achiever you lack ambition. And if your sense of self is inflated you'll generally be sensitive to your view of yourself being challenged.

I understand wanting a guy with ambition and a guy who is emotionally strong. Definitely want to avoid depressed guys. And no one enjoys someone who takes themselves too seriously.
    But deals? Lol, that doesn't make sense to me. I've dated girls that were into extreme couponing. Definitely value in looking for deals. If you've paid bills, rent and for all your own food and gas... looking for deals makes sense.

• The underachiever
    "You know the type. Video games, couch, raiding the refrigerator, repeat"
    What if this individual is actually happy with his way of life and has certain qualities that could make a woman happy? Generalization is dangerous.

"real men"
    Here we go with the "real" again. Noone is more "real" than others. Everyone is their own, let them be.
    I believe that there's someone for everyone out there, so "avoiding" certain people because of a few signs is ridiculous. That's just me of course.

• Hey man, to each his own, my step brother is totally this kind of guy and seems pretty content with his lifestyle. He’s usually high on meth or pot and thats pretty much what he lives for. He’s 33 now, but was still doing all those things when he was your age. He lives at home with his mom, doesn’t have a bank account or a car to drive. The girls that take an interest in him are around your age, they don’t ask a lot of questions and are just looking for a cool guy to hang out and get high with. I can imagine that there is someone for him, if they don’t mind shacking up in his moms house and being broke all the time. What ever floats their boat though. I doesn’t sound like much of a life to me though

• You've basically eliminated all man-dom. Hate to break it to you, but we ain't perfect :P Oh gosh, I'm number 5! :O

• Number 7 here. Lol, if you can't be your own cheerleader, why the hell should anyone else cheer for you. Ego's important to a guy -- its a good impetus for self-improvement, so at the very least you can back up all the talk.

I do agree with the fragile ego. No one likes a someone that can't rock the occasional egg on their face and turn it into something tasty.

• I scored a six out of seven, which I am glad about. It's good to have goals in life and something to work on, even when you lack ambition.

• awesome!!!

• Having the qualities of items 1 through 6, if I also took on item 7, I would become so repulsive I would have to shoot myself.

• So, all men.

• Boom! 7 out of 7!

• good list but doent that cut out 75% of the people out there

• Hey, I'm the underachiever.
    It's just that I'm REALLY good at everything, so my worst is better from your best!!! LOL.

media4.giphy.com/media/q50lZpFqMDzpu/200_s.gif

• Who not to date, according to the internet: Everyone. No one is good enough for you!

"Why am I still alone?"

• Don't date people who have depression. Got it

• i guess this can be reversed for girls too 😂

• Avoid the guy with a hockey mask and a bloody machete. Women keep falling for that type of guy and it always ends pretty badly.

• Whats wrong with 4?
    I work my ass off during the week, can't a guy enjoy his hobbies in the weekend and take things slow?

• A woman will know for herself what she likes and what she doesn't like. This list only consists of extremes as if all people are some form of extreme, including the aforementioned ones.

This is a good read over a lunch sandwich and tea.

• Lmao. Can't imagine the disgusting whale writing this take. I get the vibe that you have never dated a man in your life.

• More from Guys
    32

What Girls Said 24

• so basically, be single forever. lol

• Poor guys! I don't know any guy who would fulfil this list... Because they are human! Everyone has a fragile ego from time to time, just like sometimes everyone will have so much confidence that it borders on self absorbed. No one is perfect. By the way- I love a guy who budgets or tries to get a good deal. It usually means he is saving money for the important stuff. And someone who take himself seriously, is usually someone who is ambitious and driven in their profession. ( so can't really see these are being much of a problem). One thing I do hate is women who pick men apart at the smallest flaws, and then complain that they don't have anyone special.

• I know plenty of guys who would fulfill this list. You probably haven't met the right guy yet.

• @sparkly-crystal you're 17 I'm 18 we don't know a goddam thing about the world yet.

• I've never met a guy who was not at least 4 of those at one time... probably why i rarely like anyone. or for very long.

• Frankly, I see nothing wrong with an underachiever, or a guy who lacks ambition, as long as they're honest about it, and they're not lazy. I mean, if the woman of the house is gonna be the breadwinner, who gives a fuck? Women were underachievers for centuries in the household. If the girl can earn, and the man carries his share of the relationship in his own way, I say it's all fair.

Plus, video games are a great bonding activity for any couple, as long as you stop judging him for it because you apparently "know the type".

• I dated a guy who was 2 and 6, I left him. He was my 1st serious boyfriend and I thought the world of him, come to find out he thought highly of himself, but had no goals whatsoever. He never took my advice either, even when he would complain about the same thing over and over again. On our 1st couple of dates, he made himself seem grand, all these goals, interests etc, come to find out that was just all a show. I will never again date a guy who isn't actively pursuing something serious. Also understand that the person (man or woman) will not change unless they themselves want to change. When I confronted him about his lack of goals, he got extremely upset w/me, even though we had talked about marriage, kids. etc. If you want to be w/me long term you better bet that I want to see you moving forward because in the end our lives will be tied together, any decisions you make will affect the both of us.

• I'm surprised ugly wasn't on the list everything else was.
    So you want a confident, successful, rich guy who doesn't take himself to seriously.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
    GOOD LUCK!
    I hope your hot!

• if you standards are any lower then you are probably very ugly.

• @Under_The_Sun
      Ugly guys with high standards that complain about being nice and not getting laid. 😂

• Yea this guy. Should be on top of the list.

• Thank you!

• I feel im a little bit of all of the above.

• 1. Is my type of guy. I like a man that can make decisions for me when I'm not so sure lol
    3. There's nothing wrong with a guy looking for a deal as long as he's not telling you no.
    4. There's nothing wrong with the underachiever routine as long as it's a day he's off from work lol
    5. I don't think it's right tog utter stigmatize mental illness but whatever.

The rest I agree with lol

• 1 and 3 aren't that bad... but they aren't good either. Haha
    Others - definitely avoid! xD

• I couldn't disagree more with this whole thing. Most guys have at least 20% of every point on that list.

• I actually quite enjoy #5's. I like to see them as realists. they're a breath of fresh air as opposed to the annoying, unrealistic, idealists.

• * girls chasing the one remaining guy*. 😂😂

• My ex was 1 and 2. His music career was going nowhere, yet everything that I did was wrong. He never even took me out on a proper date! Told me while I drove us to the cheap buffet that "I better not act like I'm paying for the date" because he "knows" me. Glad that I dodged that...

• this list is gold, i get a lot of all these types, and avoid damn near all of them, i see the red flags, and feel the negative energy and if after we talk i dont feel too good about my self i know i need to dodge him. You also forgot the CHRONIC LIAR types.

• My boyfriend was number 3, 5, and 6 before we worked things out and discussed what needed to be changed. A lot of the things he wasn't even aware of before I told him they bothered me. He's not number 6 anymore and is very open to new things like I am but he's still a bit "cheap" (which is fine, it's good to save) and he's very pessimistic but tries his best to be positive for me.

• I agree with number 7, but this list cuts off almost 100% of the male population lol

• This list is ridiculous I can't even take it seriously cause every guy is different has most of these traits

• It's essentially impossible even for the most perfect man to not exhibit several of these characteristics from time to time. I get the idea of the list, but it's poorly expressed, I think

• wow amazing take

• More from Girls
    4