Why Are There No Good Men Left?

1. Introduction

As I've grown up, I've noticed more and more ladies complain about the state of men these days. No matter the ethnicity, many ladies say that there are a shortage of quality guys out there. Some of these ladies may be exaggerating, but the preponderance with which I hear the claim that guys suck these days is worrying. I believe these claims stem from the fact that women have increased their standards over the years in accordance with their increased independence from men.

Here's why women's standards rose:

2. Back in your grandpa's day, women were not a large part of the workforce.
Why Are There No Good Men Left?

In an age where women could barely find work, finding a man was not an option; it was a necessity. You needed a reliable source of income, and society was too discriminatory to hire females en masse. Therefore, women in my grandma's era would seek out a husband at an early age for financial security (and a little love), and there was less shame in seeking financial security as a motive for a relationship. Getting married was extremely practical for both sexes. Love may have been secondary.

3. Contraceptives allow for more choice.

If you had sex 50 years ago, you took a risk at changing your life forever. There was no Nuva ring or IUDs. Few people took the pill. It was a lot easier for women to get pregnant, and once a lady got pregnant, she was attached to the child's father whether she liked it or not 20 years later. This may still the case today, but much less so. Contraceptives give women the option of planning families and being more choosy about who they want to father their children.

4. Nowadays, women are smarter than men.

Women have been educating themselves more than men ever since they got the legal rights to do so. Hopefully we all agree that having 50% of the population more educated than before is a good thing. Nonetheless, educated people want educated partners, which leads me to my last (and most important) point.

5. Guys have not changed.

Throughout all of this advancement for ladies, men stayed the same (more or less). Men continued to work as they always had, and men continued to educate themselves as they always had. In fact, the percentage of college graduates actually rose 19% for men over ~40 years. Still, society has taken away women's legal, economic and biological obstacles to such a degree that women easily caught up to and overtook men in terms of their personal achievements. Correspondingly, I believe that women expected men to improve as a sex the same way women were, in terms of their achievements.

Additionally, I believe that women became less impressed with men's achievements as they were able to achieve the same feats themselves. Living alone and paying your own bills is not a big deal to a woman now (as I don't think it should be), but in your grandma's day, simply being self-sufficient as a lady was impressive. Nowadays most people of both sexes are self-sufficient (which is arguably a good thing), so we're looking for more, and some men just don't have anything more to offer other than their personality and stability. Should men step up and try to achieve more? Sure. Will they? No. Men would rather start an entire movement about going their own way and shunning sex altogether then live up to standards that go beyond their own self-sufficiency.

6. Conclusion

Theoretically, modern women have just as much education, money and sexual freedom as modern men. Therefore, many of them are not impressed with modern men. They are looking for someone who can impress them beyond the practical. The greater emphasis on love and compatibility in relationships nowadays testifies to this fact. Many men simply do not want to live up to the standards some women set for them and would rather force the entire sex's hand by abstaining from relationships altogether in order to make some of them compromise their standards. In short, the bar has raised, and instead of expending all of our energy to clear the bar, we're talking to the refs to get the bar lowered. This, my friends, is the state of modern dating.

2458

Most Helpful Girl

• There are plenty of good men out there but us girls always set the bar too high with impossible standards that no man could ever meet. We forget in our search for a high quality man too take a good hard look at our own quality and what we have to offer other than maybe physical appearance, we might fall short for the standards of the high quality guys we want. We often essentially want a man who is better than us but maybe those guys want better than us.

• You get that not all guys want to take advantage of a hot retard?

• Its time for Men to start expecting higher standards of Women... just like the Women do. My advice...

- STOP the Chivalry. We are Adults. Everyone can pay for their own meal.
      - ALWAYS BE PREPARED TO LET HER GO AND SEE HER LEAVE. Men do not have to put up with bad behaviour of Women
      - If she cannot take NO from you, let her go
      - Have self respect. Don't let her walk all over you

• @MagiAlphaOne A lot of guys are already doing this and consequently are the ones that actually get the girls, its called self respect and its an attractive quality.

Most Helpful Guy

• You know I'm tired of this shit. Let me tell you something:

1. There are men out there that work their asses off
    2. There are men out there that are educated
    3. There are men out there that would love to have a girlfriend
    4. There are men out there that would treat their woman like a queen

However, I see this shit day in and day out, you ladies always choose the deadbeat player bastards and then you whine about how there's no good men left. Fuck that.

There are good men. You just choose to ignore them and wallow in misery when your deadbeat player ain't shit.

Grow up.

• We whine because we think we're better than you, but we can't outright say that. Instead we just complain about how lame you are after getting our fill of player dick because they are the only ones that have something we can't get for ourselves. And why not? After all it's the most fun and has no consequences whatsoever for us! :D

• @xXHelenaoftroyXx You hit the nail on the head. You women "THINK" you are better than those hardworking, educated, goal oriented, good men.

How are you better then those men? What do you have to offer besides your beauty and sex? Do women really think that just because they are beautiful and get attention, they are better than men?

This is not how it works.

If a woman cannot offer me more than her beauty, she ain't shit, and she is a loser.

If a woman can show me that she is hardworking, successful, educated and class... then she is worth my time.

But... if a woman thinks that just because she is beautiful, that makes her a prize... GIRL BYE!

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 23

• Well that was sobering :x So... what's the solution? Is there a solution? lol.

Nice take by the way.

• I wish I could tell you. Men really love sex, so the fact that we're willing to give it up en masse to resist stepping up our game really says a lot about our reluctance/inability to achieve more, unfortunately.

I'll make my next MyTake more inebriating for you lol

• I proposed a solution seven months ago. Unfortunately many people couldn't read past the headline.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a23640-could-feminism-save-the-american-family

• Or maybe we'll just continue to hook up and leave breeding to the lower species?

• Why are there no good people left in general?
    People get killed by animals and wanna press charges on the parents but when another animal dies to keep the kid safe people rally for the parents and people are letting rapists off with a very small punishment and people are defending pedohpiles...

• There are good men left. Women needs to stop destroying them. Both parties needs to stop manipulating each other. Men needs to be in their children's lives and build families. Women needs to stop destroying them. Men needs to be the HEAD OF THE HOUSEHOLD, Women better learn to love and respect their husbands more. Men needs to honor and love their wives as wives needs to honor and love her husband. Both needs to be better judgmental of character, both needs better discernment of who is right for them instead of focusing how good the sex was and get duped into marrying a deceiver, a liar and a cheater. Your sons and daughters are going to take after you and observe your relationship. And if you don't start training them early on how to respect themselves, other people and how to be spouse, your dooming them for failure. Contraceptives gives you false security. No body is out of the woods. You can still catch disease and still get pregnant even if done right. Women are NOT smarter then man. In fact, women today lack so much judgement that they lead their men to failure instead of working together with him and being what she is called in this life to do: be a HELP Mate, not a criticizer and cutting down a man to be feminized then divorce him for his assets because she made him into another her instead of him being a man. Both do dumb things and no gender is better then the other. That's right, as a woman, I said it. Respect a man and he will respect YOU.

• There are good men... Wait.. Ok.. Okay? Damn. Fine! You took everything I was about to text. Man woman like you are needed in this world. This stuff is 10,000% truth.

• I think men are BETTER today.(Millennials specifically)
    We are just getting through the transition phase - I really feel for our parents! Must have been tough.
    We now have the potential to unite as equals and who knows how good that will be for our children? To see two STRONG yet loving and respectful role models.
    Its important for us to take advice from our grandparents with successful marriages but to take it with a pinch of salt as the world has changed.
    I am already with the man I plan to marry - so I treat this relationship very differently to how I would with another guy. Respect is something so vital. I have to keep my voice soft, praise but not criticize and trust that he will make the right decisions for our little family.
    I chose him out of all the men I know or could ever meet because he is a millennial (compassionate to those in need and wants me to have a successful career equally to himself) but still understands what it means to be the head and protector of the household.
    I know myself well and this suits me.

All marriages need this dynamic with roles - but now we have the option that it can happen in same sex marriages and women can be the head.

[IMG]https://i64. tinypic. com/jihoxj. jpg[/IMG]

• I think the clincher here is guys have not changed. They have but not positively.

The world has changed. The women used to stay at home, run the home and the children and did the cooking and cleaning. Nowadays, it's not possible for most people to have only one income, and to except your woman to work all day and then look after your home and your dinner and your shopping too? That's more than her fair share. Some men like to hold onto those old values because it means less work.

This is why women complain.

I consider myself to be pretty open minded but also, I appreciate traditional values.

For the entirety of our relationship, I've never been able to financially help my boyfriend. Instead, I cooked and cleaned for him and I didn't even live there. But what made me open my eyes was our first date.
    I was used to men wanted to shag me and nothing more.
    But my boyfriend invited me over, cooked me a steak dinner and we stayed up until 2am. He walked me to my car. I appreciated the fact he held traditional values as well. He respected me.

My point is men have changed to believe that casual sex is awesome, girlfriends change with every day, and hey I work you clean it's the woman's role (note SOME MEN!!!). Respect in the modern world has been lost.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is men have changed. But not to work with the changes happening.

• Don't lump all men into what you are saying women complain about because I know lots and lots of men that do their fair share of work every single day. I have seen women these days turn for the worst as well with things they now do to men that really just sucks and also seen just as many lazy women. This will probably surprise you in other countries around the world men do have more casual sex than women but in my country women have 3 times more casual sex than the men do. I think respect has been lost from men to women and but also there are a lot of women that just have no respect for men either. Women have also changed as well. All I am saying is while you say men may have changed women also have and also not for the better. I am not saying women should stay at home and cook. I am not meaning it in that way. I meaning all the innocent men that are good men that have been treated like total shit by women. I guess what I am saying is this is a two way street.

• That is the arrangement me and my partner have. I cook because he doesn't like to and I love it, he cleans up.

I would like to say we share housework, but generally I do more because I'm much faster. When we lived in a flat together, the time it took for him to clean the bedroom I could clean the kitchen, bathroom and half the living room. Previous jobs have made me very fast.

• Yeah, I use to have a woman friend and her flat would always have piles of unwashed dishes in the sink and on the bench. There would be water in the sink from running the tap not from washing the dishes and soaking wet tea towels in the water. However, to be fair to her she was suffering depression so I should not judge too much.

• The things you're pointing out are all factual but that doesn't necessarily forgo an automatic conclusion because the big parts not discussed are 1. Emotion, 2. Biology. Although we may now occupy this superior space of education and intellect (maybe), we still want to get married and have babies. We still want to fall in love. I think that instead of a future void of marriage due to the unavailability of "good men", women will just adapt to a higher role in their marriages, taking over financial obligations and "heavy thinking - decisions" that men were once more suited to resolve. We will just try our best to date men who perhaps may not hold a higher level of sophistication or power or money than us but whom have a high-potential and a good work ethic. You never know, maybe they can dribble a ball really well. We will still marry men I think, we will just adapt to a new world where men become subservient to women - a reversal of roles so to speak. by the way, it takes more than money to be a good man. Character and humility go along way. Arrogance and narcissism are becoming more and more common while the smarts that justify arrogance is disappearing - it's the type of arrogance borne of insecurity. Lose that crap and you can get a date with somebody good.

• I totally agree, but that's an entire other MyTake; I wanted to keep it brief :-). I would totally read a MyTake concerning what you're describing though

Doing an analysis of male and female biology insofar as it concerns our desire to be in relationships is way outside of my scope lol

Changing a culture (especially one that's been around for thousands of years) is difficult, so I think the future of which you speak is probable, but not imminent.

• I guess It's a defense mechanism

• Your in an uphill battle. A typical College Campus population is 60% Women and 40% Men. 70% of Men (20-34yrs) are not married. As a Man reaches his mid 30s, he is increasingly LESS likely to get Married. Your 26 years old now. After age 30 your Sexual Market Value (SMV) begins to drop. For Men, their SMV increases after age 30. These Men "become the prize". He can now date AND marry a much younger women (20-25yrs). As for Babies, you will get "Baby Rabies" in your mid 30s.

Women are now starting to realize that they will have to "marry down". The gender dynamic is changing. Women will increasingly become the bread winner, not Men. As for looking for a "good man", you need to find out EARLY if he had a good Father raising him up. Good Fathers will raise Boys to be GOOD MEN!

• I took one off the market a little over a week ago. Scott & I got married!

• It's so weird when I see MyTakes on the dating world. Being a young woman, who has only dated 3 people, it's hard to realize that there are people out there who have probably been on 30 first dates by the time their 29.

It's also hard to really relate to MyTakes like this. I have a boyfriend, we're talking marriage, and hopefully (I'm thinking) I'll never have to date again.

I see how your words definitely make sense regarding education and working, those are the facts. I dunno, for me though, I don't agree with there not being any good men left. I just don't see the world that way. So, it's hard to really know what to do with a mytake like this, all the opinions.

I asked my mom and she said she didn't agree with that saying either. It's not that we both want traditional men and date in that sphere. I'm pretty progressive. Hmm.

• Yeah, I should've used the phrase "some women" instead of "women." My language gives the false impression that I think all or most women think this way. My bad :-/

• I don't understand where those women are coming from either, I think it's 90% their unsuccessful romantic adventures. Because coming from a satisfied woman, guys are all individuals and some are really the absolute best :)

• Never say never

• i dont think men were better when women were forcibly keep out of society.. by men. that is completely illogical. its like saying men were better during legal slavery bc thy knew how o take charge.

• cs they all went to Cancun to get laid
    true story

• All the good men are only with the good women ;-)

• @MagiAlphaOne what does this has to do with my post?

• @ManOnFire I was joking and no that s not necessarily true

• So, what your saying is men are too lazy to evolve just as women have? I think thats pretty freaking sad. Women no longer depend on a man money. But that means you need to bring other things to the plate like can you build something? Can you cook? are you emotionally intelligent. Really if women can change so can men.

• Women didn't evolve as much as their restraints were released. Men never had any restraints (legally, biologically, etc.). They had the maximum amount of liberty society could provide. Therefore, women's relative progression over the years has superseded men's in leaps and bounds.

Men have been building things, empathizing and cooking for centuries. I'm not implying that men can't do those things. I'm saying that having those traits are more heavily emphasized in modern relationships because women can take over tasks that were traditionally male-orientated.

• @dudeman tailored to women? Ok. Bro

• we now live in a gynocentric matriarchy and have been for the last forty-fifty years.

• I personally think men have gotten better so no complaints here.

• I like men better than women it seems as quality women have become a minority.

• Aren't there more women that talk smack about their friends behind their back than males do?

• @JuicyBrain I never said guys were angels. Most people in general are assholes. I am just saying there are far more women that are entitled because society spoils them too much.

• @steven7890789
      OK. I can agree with that.

• Good take and I wish to have an answer about that as Im still looking for my match and in like 35 years or more I haven't found it yet

• Thank you for this lol

• Because they're all gay now :(
    Lol jk.
    There are still good men. They're just more uncommon.

• Well in my opinion the good ones are taken

• It's pratically the same graduation for men and women no big difference...

• not true at all.

• Opinion Owner, no not every date. She should understand that you are not "made of money". If she doesn't understand how expensive it is to date, cut your losses and move on.

• @MagiAlphaOne Date is no expensive at all... You can go to cine for exemple it cost nothing.

• Well as the years go by, i realize that there aren't many good men around. I wish i was back in uni. I rejected many good guys. Even now i do feel that i was too harsh on guys, in a way i blame myself and society. I was always taught to be independent and strive for the best and i do have my own career, house, friends, but i still come home to an empty house and its hard being alone. My only regret is not giving good guys a chance. I looked for status and that "bad boy persona" in a relationship and it left me with nothing. :'(

• When I go to a uni I'm definitely going to try to be more receptive to the nice guys but from what I have heard most guys in college do not want anything serious

• it ain't got to be nothing special hell you can just talk about the weather

• I'm 55 years. old with a Daughter (20yrs) in College. She and her girlfriends say that "all the good ones (men) are taken" and that the rest are immature Boys. After going on Campus a few times I found myself agreeing with her! There are too few masculine young Men. My take...

- Feminisation of Education
      - Boys being raised WITHOUT a Father
      - Men being told that they are "potential rapists" when they arrive on College Campuses
      - False Rape accusations
      - Women set unbelievably high expectations on Men
      - Chivalry and entitlement mentality
      - College Women that are Feminists

• My idea of a good man is simple.

1. Abstinence of alcoholic beverages or seldom intake of them
    2. No dependence on drugs, illegal or prescription
    3. No prior sexual experience
    4. If sexually experienced, then all sex must occur within marriage, and the former wife must be dead; divorced wives may hint that the previous relationship failed in some way, and that would be judged on a case-by-case basis
    5. No gambling habits or other addictive or compulsive behaviors
    6. No sexual deviances

• I know a guy for you then; unfortunately he's ten years old.

• Thanks. Its hard to find anyone really worth my time now days (men in your case), especially one with personality and are unique. And by that I mean someone who hasn't fallen for all of the current pop culture BS or what is pushed societaly on young people. Me, like people with an edge, something to them and can be themselves even if they are alone.

• @JRH1991 Don't worry. You'll find someone eventually. The wild party lifestyle is not sustainable, and the people will eventually come to their senses and reason that the steady, working life is best.

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 57

• Good post, except for "women are smarter than men." What you shouod have said, "School's are geared towards educating females and enforce female behavior and learning styles due to feminization of the West, leading to women excelling more than males in school." Women are not "smarter than men." Though I know everyone will applaud if you say so, whereas they would call you a misogynist if you said men were smarter than women.

I would also add in the base reasoning for female value increasing and male value decreasing. I was surprised you put in the workforce aspect, because that's not something I've heard. Like. From anyone. I would add that female value has always been centered on gheir attractiveness, which has only increased over time due to cosmetics. And certainly, as you say, being injected into the workforce adds extra societal value to women. However. Women have innate social value as the more important biological gender via reproductive resources--the rarer the resource, the more valuable it is. Sperm vs egg. Sperm is effectively worthless since there is so much of it.

So, males start out with 0 social value. The way males have always gained social value has been through occupation and achievement. However, now that women can maintain occupations and achievements, that bolsters their social value far beyond males when tacking on that attractiveness value bolstered by cosmetics. Meaning a woman who has a total value of 5 is equal to a male who has a social value of 8. Even if a male maxed out his effort, if he's starting off as a 5--average--he can't really work up to a 10 in order to become valuable enough to land an average woman. The vast majority of avergae men, by definition, cannot become 10s--otherwise, the average raises with them.

Regardless, even if they try their very hardest, there will always be that value descreoancy which cannot be bridged. I'm sure you applaud women for their standards--as you seem the type--however, it's suddenly a "no good man" when a male decides to maintain his standards or bail out of the game? You see it as this grand scheme to ultimately get laid, but what if it is simply many men realizing that at their peak, the best they can do is land some hippo bitch with cankles, so they decide to bail out of the game?

It's really just a bad situation for males, all around. Even if they do put 200% more effort in than they did in the olden days, they will not be respected or desired for it, many of them.

• After almost two decades of fucking every oily nightclub player, sociopathic bad boy, or some other form of loser who they could find, women on the high side of 30 have an epiphany and realise that these men are not husband material.
    Then, after rejecting and sometimes ridiculing decent men who approached them during the years that they rode the bad-boy cock carousel, these women then moan to each other and ask what happened to the good men.
    What happened was the very women who ask that question.
    The decent men, the ones who were not 'fun' or 'exciting' enough for these women when they were 20 will become her dream man when she is 35.
    Ask yourselves this, ladies: what were the good men supposed to do while they waited for you to have your flash of the bleeding obvious?
    A significant and increasing number of these good men are going their own way. After years of being Friend Zoned and rejected in ways that ranged from the benign to the outright vicious, these men came to the point that they decided that their lives might be better if they stopped seeking female company.
    They might have also seen male relatives, friends and work colleagues destroyed by a divorce court, which pulled their wallet out through their arse and then used a child-support order to sentence these men to a life in poverty. This happens to 50 per cent of men who marry. In some jurisdictions, simple cohabitation is all that is required.
    Where have the good men gone? They have gone their own way and they are not going to return to the plantation.
    This video explains the situation rather well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwPFnvniA7w

• jesus christ man, 40 seconds in this guy described... ME

• @LiveFreeorDieHard Its destroying the family unit, meaning we gonna have an epidemic of single mums raising unhealthy children who grow up with no good role model, result in turning to crime as such.

• @Indigo91 yeah but if all those real tough guys are knocking them up, doesn't that make humanity stronger over time.

• A load of horse shit honestly. Girls are smarter than guys? No. Most would like to Think that way , but it's not the case unless that guy is completely whipped. Not saying there aren't any smart girls out there, but lmfao.

"There are no good men out there "

Any girl who says this shouldn't be taken seriously in my honest opinion. And this is coming from someone with 2 sisters, And has been dating for ages. Good guys are everywhere but aren't given the time of day because of looks. (Let's be real, its a important preference ) Which keeps them in that friend area. Ready to be used when fit. In today world, a good guy seems to be someone who would allow themselves to be used for a girl or a model friend. Not someone you'll date.

However, if you act like you have a backbone and assert your self I find that you have a better chance of getting girls. No one likes a pushover and this is something most " good guys " set themselves up to be. I had this problem myself. After I changed to a more assertive guy, with a asshole vibe, oddly enough girls got turned on and I started having more success. Just know when you are about to cross the line from playful asshole, to a true asshole.

• Unfortunately, girls react POSITIVELY to Men who behave like Jerks. This appeals to their "lizard brain". Some women eventually wake up later and realize this and understand with their higher Brain that they have ignored the good guys in their life. The realization may come too late and find that the good men have moved on with their lives with other Women.

• In all honesty though, women in general aren't really impressive either, much like guys in general aren't impressive to women. Why is it that the "bar" has been raised by women?, maybe just all the good guys have raised theirs. Since so hard to find for a reason in many ways. Hence also they may shy away from relationships in general, which wouldn't be weird for anyone who have a bit higher standards, doubt people who do jump into relationships all the time.

An based on what I see in this world, I kinda think education seem to make people even more stupid at times, sadly. No education you might be brainwashed by your surroundings. With schools and such you are brainwashed by the herd or sheep mentality, where individuality is never encouraged.

Screwed either way in life, but that is life, lol

• Great topic and start. men either haven't changed or possible devolved. I've been exposed to some thoughts around this, so will add a few. I agree with @SayYes2Courtney first sentence.

Emotional - We've always had wars, but we've had a bunch of them in a row in our generations and this time... lost a lot of men. The ones that came back could impact their kids (hopefully positively), the ones that didn't left wounds and gaps in the offspring.

We transitioned to where the men aren't in community to raise the kids... migration from farm to city jobs.. and dad isn't around to build character in the kids (try bailing hay all day.. going out hunting all week, fishing, teaching trades on the farms, or having your but beat for forgetting to milk the cows. ) So many are on the xBOX even rich kids lack parents as both parents work so much. Basically boys received less training from their fathers and men, and more from our moms... feminine traits or lack of dicipline.

Who teaches us to be a man, to persevere, build character and courage? Some of us didn't get what we needed... and were stunted in ability to handle... emotionally... a woman (they have their own issues and are more emotional beings). I see so many men who don't understand women and can't handle them emotionally... and the relationships crumble or stall out. The woman are frustrated.

Dis integration of marriages hasn't helped... that leaves its own emotional bagged with offpsring... male and female.

Soft skills like computers may have impacted how men develop. Not positive about that, but it is quite a bit different than the manual work men used to do, in teams.

There was a series on this topic, don't recall the name of it at the moment... there's a lot more to it.

Bottom line, men need to work at developing men. We historically... build each other up (combat, competition, working together on projects, etc..). We need training to motivate boys to become men. Or else the women and offspring will suffer...

• "Men would rather start an entire movement about going their own way and shunning sex altogether then live up to standards that go beyond their own self-sufficiency."

And that is bad... how exactly? I mean, unless I mistook your point, your argument is that, since women can now achieve much of the same things men can, men have to achieve MORE. Dafuq? Or how about women stop having high expectations? What about that?

I mean, if I get an apartment, she gets an apartment, I get a car, she gets a car BUT she still expects me to have MORE? Screw that bitch then. Be real.

• 1. In my experience the only women who complain about "there not being any good men left" are the ones who have huge flaws themselves. And you mostly hear about shit like that online anyway, I've only heard it a couple of times in real life.

2. "In an age where women could barely find work, finding a man was not an option; it was a necessity." It really wasn't about women having a hard time finding a job, it was more about how society was structured and what was the norm. The norm was for the man to bring the food to the table and for the woman to stay home and take care of the kids.

3. "and once a lady got pregnant, she was attached to the child's father whether she liked it or not" You do realize that more often than not it's actually the opposite, and it still is for men. Since women statistically want babies more than men, and nowadays women can get an abortion but men have no say whether they are ready to be a parent or not after the woman has gotten pregnant.

4. More educated doesn't mean smarter. Men still score on average about 3 points higher on IQ tests than women. I'm not saying that IQ tests are a good measurement of smartness but just saying that you can't come to conclusions like that.

5. Guys have changed, you just even proved that in the graph in your point 4, it's fucking ridiculous how you completely ignore the changes in the level of education that men have gone through and only talk about what women have done.

"that women easily caught up to and overtook men in terms of their personal achievements."

You say this based on what? Women have overtook men in terms of personal achievements? What the fuck are you even talking about, do you really think you get to be the judge of someones personal achievements. People are different and someone could consider their biggest personal achievement raising their children well when another person could consider their career as the most important one.

The reason the gap between women and men didn't close because women were improving and men weren't. It closed because society has become more equal.

This whole mytake is just a whole lot of biased bullshit. You even present the idea that women are improving and chasing their dreams and men aren't doing anything. That is completely fucking ridiculous.

• Ah yes, the adage that women always want to date up. However, the fact that women have had their barriers removed allowing them to get to our level of self-sufficiency, and the tendency of wanting to date up leads to a massive conflict between the sexes. It means that guys always have to earn more or be more educated. If she has a masters, he has to have a PhD. If she earns 70k, he has to earn at least 100k. But is this even reasonable to expect of guys? Its like its now become an arms race of self sufficiency between the sexes and the women are trying to beat the guys but are secretly disappointed when they win.

Once you level the playing field you have to realize that you can't necessarily date up financially. And if you choose to, then your dating pool becomes that much smaller.

• I like your analysis but I respectfully disagree with your conclusion. You should take into account that it is a known fact that men and women have a different distribution across their populations when it comes to the area of intelligence. I can’t remember the name of the study but in my 2010 Psychology 101 textbook, a study was cited that showed women have a more even distribution of intelligence (meaning more women are of average intelligence) then men. However, more men were of high level of intelligence then women, and on the opposite side more men were of below average intelligence then women. This means that on average men and women come out to be at around the same level of intelligence but that doesn’t mean men and women will also come out the same academically. Luckily academic success is far from an end all be all barometer for success so my conclusion is that men are more independent and like to strike out on their own, away from the academic realm. I think its just men being men and women being home, which is what men and women should be doing, following their nature.

• You raise some good points but there are a few things I would point out. First, you seem to be assuming that by having a career and being independent, women somehow gain sexual value. I disagree. Not in principle, but by observation. The truth of the matter is that most men do not seem to care about whether or not a woman is educated or how much money she has. In fact, why do you think so many older men go for younger women? It is precisely because they are not as independent and wealthy as women their own age. Instead men want physical beauty and a willingness to adhere to traditional roles of femininity at least to a reasonable extent.

Therefore when you state that men do not want to raise their own value, I have to make a correction. You say it as if it implies that men are lazy and that the value of women has gone up. Rather, in the eyes of men, the value of women has gone DOWN, thus there really is no incentive to better themselves unless women start returning to traditional gender roles.

• AGREED. Men want physical beauty, feminiity and youth. Youth in particular if he wants to have children. If he wants a traditional family, the Wife should be in her early to mid 20s. It is simply better to have children early. Finances are also important. If she went to College, she may have Student Debts. Financial problems are still a leading cause of Divorce. Expect to spend ~$250,000 /child over 18 years. to raise them. Thats $1157/month!

• So at the end of the article, you basically tell men to start living up to their standards. Why do you think the bar is so high in the first place? If everyone meets expectations, the few that exceeded will have favor, thus raising the bar by default. That's why the pool of good men keeps shrinking and always will

That's why MGTOW even exists. You're telling men to spend all this time and energy changing themselves JUST so they can appeal to women and their high-ass standards, which have constantly risen due to celebrities, movies, friends, and your grandma's stories. That's not helping. That's making it worse.

That's how you spoil a woman, and that's the last thing the dating world needs more of

If you give women all the cards, look what happens. No. It's about time men step up and take some of those cards back. If you play their game, you're gonna always lose.

I didn't want to believe this was a kiss-ass post, but once you hit the shaming ending, that was the only conclusion I could reach.

I'm just gonna assume you're gonna flip the switch and do the reverse. Hopefully there is some redemption, because this was actually well thought-out

• "Women are smarter than men."
    If you count spending 45 or 60k to go to college and get a masters in English smarter... okay. I interviewed at a local university, the woman who interviewed me was about 29... very nice lady. Masters in Anthropology, did time at the British Museum. Currently was working in Admin for $16 an hour.

• Women think there so intelligent because they have a degree. like my self am studying for a degree but that does not mean am any better than a person who is working at a supermarket if I don't land the job I want. Students like me are gonna end up in debt when we leave university...

• @MagiAlphaOne Yeah but only because feminism is pushing women further in to higher education rather than men. After all feminism is about mass privilege which only focuses and favors women by providing special treatments or requirements in supporting the female gender. Reasons why universities demand more female pupils than men because women have support men don't and these days men are being raised by single mothers who have no role model to be guided and usually turn to crime or low paid jobs according to statistics.

• @Indigo91 , WELL SAID about Feminism and College. I'll add this... if a Man dates a recent College graduate, he better find out about her Financial situation. You don't want to get involved with someone with a lot of debt.

• Who really gives a fuck about about why there are no "good" men left? Really? Does it really matter? People are going to do their own thing, their own way, no way to really control them. Not everyone has to choose to be a "good" man anyway, it's really up to them to decide what is really "good" for them.

I think the whole MGTOW thing really should be changed to "Humans (or People)" Going Their Own Way or "Singles" Going Their Own Way instead.

Who gives a shit? Besides no one really has to, that is unless if they absolutely really want to.

Therefore, I think everyone can all just do their own thing, their own way, whenever, however, wherever, and whatever way they want to, think they want to or like to. If they don't want to be "good" then they don't need to or have to be "good".

• 2. I agree with this for the most part.

3. Contraceptives don't allow for more choice. The loosening of the strangehold of religion and the advent of modern day feminism do.

4. Women aren't really smarter than men. Well... they are. Sort of. They just attend College at higher rates now. Men by and large still work the vast majority of the much needed manual labor jobs and other various 'dangerous' jobs that women mostly ignore. However, men still tend to make more on average because they gravitate towards certain higher paying degree based jobs, whereas women gravitate toward some of the lower paying ones.

Studies have shown that on average, women are slightly more intelligent than men. Whereas men tend to gravitate a bit more towards the extremes. Most of the geniuses throughout history have been men.

"Educated people want educated partners" This statement really only applies to women, though. While, you can assume certain preferences, as a whole, men have never had the same level of expectations of education and financial stability as women do.

5. Women aren't really in a position to expect men to adjust to their own widespread cultural changes. Women were attempting (and have widely succeeded) to become equal to men. This put both genders on an even playing field. For men to change 'for the better', they would then have to unbalance things again.

Again, it's not up to the entire gender as a whole to 'step up'. They've always been the top of the totem pole. Maybe with the advent of feminism and social justice in general, women shouldn't really be taking the position of having unrealistic expectations. Maybe it's not the man's job to impress women anymore. Feminists wanted to kill gender roles and make everything equal, after all.

Honestly, the MGTOW movement is such a tiny shred of internet man-child crybabies, that they are hardly representative of a cultural shift in modern society. They have always existed and have always been the duds of natural selection. They just have a voice on the internet now.

Again, it's not a man's job to live up to this supposed new level of standards set forth by women. Men abstain from relationships for many reasons. Again, less religion and more feminism lead to the cultural acceptance of casual sex. This leads to less need for commitment. Throw in fears of just how much the court system tends to favor women and this is where we are.

• Excellent Take. Even the comments are great. More discussion about this is needed. I contemplated these issues and proposed a solution seven months ago. Unfortunately a lot of people couldn't read past the headline, which was unfortunate:

• So women now are asking the same question men have been asking since forever.
    Thank goodness you ladies caught up.

xD

• Why Are There No Good Men Left?
    1) They aren't in the places you're looking.
    2) They aren't what you're looking for.

Every single girl I know has the things they want in a man on a list somewhere either written down or in their head. The problem then becomes that just like everyone else on this planet you find out that that person doesn't exist, so you compromise. Most girls though aren't willing to budge on some things (appearance for example) and are willing to sacrifice a lot of stuff for a good looking guy who's an ass instead of a better guy who's not hot. You're right though. Your standards are too high. It's good to have an ideal in your head, but Prince Charming isn't real and there are regular guys everywhere who are good guys that you would never speak to let alone date. Be a bit more open-minded.

• Many women are just so spoiled and entitled in their attitudes that they lose track of reality! If a man is a genuine, actual good person in thought, word and deed, many women automatically consider him to be DOG CRAP! It's the truth! Men learn that they are far more successful with women when they are more pushy, more aggressive and more uncaring! Scum-of-the-earth "thug" characters are never without women! Yet, genuine, actual good men are frequently shunned! It's a very simple issue of supply and demand!

Women en masse have been going through their prime youth years accepting only some kind of "bad boy", "jerk", "jackass" or "thug" variant! Then SUDDENLY, after 15 years of screwing "douche bag" characters who only saw them as disposable cum dumpsters... SUDDENLY, when they reach their 30s and less men are interested... SUDDENLY, when the end of their child bearing years is approaching... SUDDENLY, they dare to ask: "Why are there no good men left?" Today's women are liberated, independent and highly discriminating in their choices!

Obviously, all women are not the same! But many women are indeed the same in following the described pattern of "jerks" in their prime youth years and only looking for a "good" man when they face the wall of middle age! Many women do not seem to realize that their choices in dating and sex have a powerful effect on the behaviour of men! Men have been trying their hardest to be what women will accept! So now, many men are just what women taught them to be!

• I think you are incorrect. Seriously so.

See, here's the problem: The whole 'setting the bar' in the first place.

Which is actually whole reason for groups like MGTOW and the Grasseaters. We don't want to have to measure up to anyone else' standards. I'd suggest reading books about the current trends in the men's movement.

I think what it comes down to, is we are sick of playing. And we kinda just want to be accepted. Women had their movement, now it's our turn. If I met someone cool, right on. But I'm not going to compromise myself and my dreams and wants to get my dick wet by some chick who thinks she deserves better.

Which is actually kind of funny when you think about it. Half the world's population is female, and they are going to continue to fight for an ever shrinking pool of 'good' men. We should start taking bets. lol

You want a solution? Here's one: Talk to other men. Find out what they REALLY feel and REALLY think. Find out from them what THEY want instead of simply placing statistics. Find out what schools are doing (or more precisely, HAVEN'T done) to ward off the educational and learning gaps between boys and girls. Get involved at the grade level, start familiarizing yourself with the feminization of boys. Learn about the detrimental effects of Male Conditioning. Start looking at how men are treated by law.

While you're at it, look into a film called 'The Mask You Live In.'

And to be honest, you almost sound like you are kissing up to women... And start helping find a solution. Pointing it out isn't doing anyone (other than yourself?) any favors.

• Nah, there are plenty of good men they are VERY common.

We are only half way through the sexual revolution, women went first and you can see the results. Now it's men's turn to walk away from their traditional gender rolls of helper, builder, protector, provider, defender, and husband to women.

We will need to develop new norms and this change will be hard for many, the sexist detractors will bitch about things like "no good men left" hoping they can shame men back into their gender rolls.

• More from Guys
    37