Why Are There No Good Men Left?

elew4too

1. Introduction

As I've grown up, I've noticed more and more ladies complain about the state of men these days. No matter the ethnicity, many ladies say that there are a shortage of quality guys out there. Some of these ladies may be exaggerating, but the preponderance with which I hear the claim that guys suck these days is worrying. I believe these claims stem from the fact that women have increased their standards over the years in accordance with their increased independence from men.

Here's why women's standards rose:

2. Back in your grandpa's day, women were not a large part of the workforce.
Why Are There No Good Men Left?

In an age where women could barely find work, finding a man was not an option; it was a necessity. You needed a reliable source of income, and society was too discriminatory to hire females en masse. Therefore, women in my grandma's era would seek out a husband at an early age for financial security (and a little love), and there was less shame in seeking financial security as a motive for a relationship. Getting married was extremely practical for both sexes. Love may have been secondary.

3. Contraceptives allow for more choice.

If you had sex 50 years ago, you took a risk at changing your life forever. There was no Nuva ring or IUDs. Few people took the pill. It was a lot easier for women to get pregnant, and once a lady got pregnant, she was attached to the child's father whether she liked it or not 20 years later. This may still the case today, but much less so. Contraceptives give women the option of planning families and being more choosy about who they want to father their children.

4. Nowadays, women are smarter than men.
Why Are There No Good Men Left?

Women have been educating themselves more than men ever since they got the legal rights to do so. Hopefully we all agree that having 50% of the population more educated than before is a good thing. Nonetheless, educated people want educated partners, which leads me to my last (and most important) point.

5. Guys have not changed.
Why Are There No Good Men Left?

Throughout all of this advancement for ladies, men stayed the same (more or less). Men continued to work as they always had, and men continued to educate themselves as they always had. In fact, the percentage of college graduates actually rose 19% for men over ~40 years. Still, society has taken away women's legal, economic and biological obstacles to such a degree that women easily caught up to and overtook men in terms of their personal achievements. Correspondingly, I believe that women expected men to improve as a sex the same way women were, in terms of their achievements.

Additionally, I believe that women became less impressed with men's achievements as they were able to achieve the same feats themselves. Living alone and paying your own bills is not a big deal to a woman now (as I don't think it should be), but in your grandma's day, simply being self-sufficient as a lady was impressive. Nowadays most people of both sexes are self-sufficient (which is arguably a good thing), so we're looking for more, and some men just don't have anything more to offer other than their personality and stability. Should men step up and try to achieve more? Sure. Will they? No. Men would rather start an entire movement about going their own way and shunning sex altogether then live up to standards that go beyond their own self-sufficiency.

6. Conclusion

Theoretically, modern women have just as much education, money and sexual freedom as modern men. Therefore, many of them are not impressed with modern men. They are looking for someone who can impress them beyond the practical. The greater emphasis on love and compatibility in relationships nowadays testifies to this fact. Many men simply do not want to live up to the standards some women set for them and would rather force the entire sex's hand by abstaining from relationships altogether in order to make some of them compromise their standards. In short, the bar has raised, and instead of expending all of our energy to clear the bar, we're talking to the refs to get the bar lowered. This, my friends, is the state of modern dating.

Why Are There No Good Men Left?
24
58

Most Helpful Guy

• Anonymous
    You know I'm tired of this shit. Let me tell you something:

1. There are men out there that work their asses off
    2. There are men out there that are educated
    3. There are men out there that would love to have a girlfriend
    4. There are men out there that would treat their woman like a queen

However, I see this shit day in and day out, you ladies always choose the deadbeat player bastards and then you whine about how there's no good men left. Fuck that.

There are good men. You just choose to ignore them and wallow in misery when your deadbeat player ain't shit.

Grow up.
    Is this still revelant?
    • We whine because we think we're better than you, but we can't outright say that. Instead we just complain about how lame you are after getting our fill of player dick because they are the only ones that have something we can't get for ourselves. And why not? After all it's the most fun and has no consequences whatsoever for us! :D

• Anonymous

@xXHelenaoftroyXx You hit the nail on the head. You women "THINK" you are better than those hardworking, educated, goal oriented, good men.

How are you better then those men? What do you have to offer besides your beauty and sex? Do women really think that just because they are beautiful and get attention, they are better than men?

This is not how it works.

If a woman cannot offer me more than her beauty, she ain't shit, and she is a loser.

If a woman can show me that she is hardworking, successful, educated and class... then she is worth my time.

But... if a woman thinks that just because she is beautiful, that makes her a prize... GIRL BYE!

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous
    There are plenty of good men out there but us girls always set the bar too high with impossible standards that no man could ever meet. We forget in our search for a high quality man too take a good hard look at our own quality and what we have to offer other than maybe physical appearance, we might fall short for the standards of the high quality guys we want. We often essentially want a man who is better than us but maybe those guys want better than us.
    Is this still revelant?
    • You get that not all guys want to take advantage of a hot retard?

• Its time for Men to start expecting higher standards of Women... just like the Women do. My advice...

- STOP the Chivalry. We are Adults. Everyone can pay for their own meal.
      - ALWAYS BE PREPARED TO LET HER GO AND SEE HER LEAVE. Men do not have to put up with bad behaviour of Women
      - If she cannot take NO from you, let her go
      - Have self respect. Don't let her walk all over you

• Anonymous

@MagiAlphaOne A lot of guys are already doing this and consequently are the ones that actually get the girls, its called self respect and its an attractive quality.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2357
  • btbc92
    There are good men left. Women needs to stop destroying them. Both parties needs to stop manipulating each other. Men needs to be in their children's lives and build families. Women needs to stop destroying them. Men needs to be the HEAD OF THE HOUSEHOLD, Women better learn to love and respect their husbands more. Men needs to honor and love their wives as wives needs to honor and love her husband. Both needs to be better judgmental of character, both needs better discernment of who is right for them instead of focusing how good the sex was and get duped into marrying a deceiver, a liar and a cheater. Your sons and daughters are going to take after you and observe your relationship. And if you don't start training them early on how to respect themselves, other people and how to be spouse, your dooming them for failure. Contraceptives gives you false security. No body is out of the woods. You can still catch disease and still get pregnant even if done right. Women are NOT smarter then man. In fact, women today lack so much judgement that they lead their men to failure instead of working together with him and being what she is called in this life to do: be a HELP Mate, not a criticizer and cutting down a man to be feminized then divorce him for his assets because she made him into another her instead of him being a man. Both do dumb things and no gender is better then the other. That's right, as a woman, I said it. Respect a man and he will respect YOU.
    • Junlian

There are good men... Wait.. Ok.. Okay? Damn. Fine! You took everything I was about to text. Man woman like you are needed in this world. This stuff is 10,000% truth.

• SayYes2Courtney
    The things you're pointing out are all factual but that doesn't necessarily forgo an automatic conclusion because the big parts not discussed are 1. Emotion, 2. Biology. Although we may now occupy this superior space of education and intellect (maybe), we still want to get married and have babies. We still want to fall in love. I think that instead of a future void of marriage due to the unavailability of "good men", women will just adapt to a higher role in their marriages, taking over financial obligations and "heavy thinking - decisions" that men were once more suited to resolve. We will just try our best to date men who perhaps may not hold a higher level of sophistication or power or money than us but whom have a high-potential and a good work ethic. You never know, maybe they can dribble a ball really well. We will still marry men I think, we will just adapt to a new world where men become subservient to women - a reversal of roles so to speak. by the way, it takes more than money to be a good man. Character and humility go along way. Arrogance and narcissism are becoming more and more common while the smarts that justify arrogance is disappearing - it's the type of arrogance borne of insecurity. Lose that crap and you can get a date with somebody good.
    • elew4too

I totally agree, but that's an entire other MyTake; I wanted to keep it brief :-). I would totally read a MyTake concerning what you're describing though

Doing an analysis of male and female biology insofar as it concerns our desire to be in relationships is way outside of my scope lol

Changing a culture (especially one that's been around for thousands of years) is difficult, so I think the future of which you speak is probable, but not imminent.

• but the thing of the matter is men can only play roles of only being a man it's ass backwards to think that a man can play a role of a woman

• and I'll tell you right now I will not have a woman have more power over me that's not happening

• SweetHomicidalQueen
    Why are there no good people left in general?
    People get killed by animals and wanna press charges on the parents but when another animal dies to keep the kid safe people rally for the parents and people are letting rapists off with a very small punishment and people are defending pedohpiles...
  • cth96190
    After almost two decades of fucking every oily nightclub player, sociopathic bad boy, or some other form of loser who they could find, women on the high side of 30 have an epiphany and realise that these men are not husband material.
    Then, after rejecting and sometimes ridiculing decent men who approached them during the years that they rode the bad-boy cock carousel, these women then moan to each other and ask what happened to the good men.
    What happened was the very women who ask that question.
    The decent men, the ones who were not 'fun' or 'exciting' enough for these women when they were 20 will become her dream man when she is 35.
    Ask yourselves this, ladies: what were the good men supposed to do while they waited for you to have your flash of the bleeding obvious?
    A significant and increasing number of these good men are going their own way. After years of being Friend Zoned and rejected in ways that ranged from the benign to the outright vicious, these men came to the point that they decided that their lives might be better if they stopped seeking female company.
    They might have also seen male relatives, friends and work colleagues destroyed by a divorce court, which pulled their wallet out through their arse and then used a child-support order to sentence these men to a life in poverty. This happens to 50 per cent of men who marry. In some jurisdictions, simple cohabitation is all that is required.
    Where have the good men gone? They have gone their own way and they are not going to return to the plantation.
    This video explains the situation rather well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwPFnvniA7w
    • jesus christ man, 40 seconds in this guy described... ME

• @666threesixes666 yeah this shit is real. What do you guys think of the poor guy who ends up marrying some chick who had a kid from another man lol.

• @LiveFreeorDieHard desperate? god their brains go to shit at such a young age too, a girl younger than 20 is too young to have a kid. even then, why not wait 5 years, save up a decent bankroll, and not make your kid a 3rd world citizen.

• Mayamoon02
    I think men are BETTER today.(Millennials specifically)
    We are just getting through the transition phase - I really feel for our parents! Must have been tough.
    We now have the potential to unite as equals and who knows how good that will be for our children? To see two STRONG yet loving and respectful role models.
    Its important for us to take advice from our grandparents with successful marriages but to take it with a pinch of salt as the world has changed.
    I am already with the man I plan to marry - so I treat this relationship very differently to how I would with another guy. Respect is something so vital. I have to keep my voice soft, praise but not criticize and trust that he will make the right decisions for our little family.
    I chose him out of all the men I know or could ever meet because he is a millennial (compassionate to those in need and wants me to have a successful career equally to himself) but still understands what it means to be the head and protector of the household.
    I know myself well and this suits me.

All marriages need this dynamic with roles - but now we have the option that it can happen in same sex marriages and women can be the head.

[IMG]https://i64. tinypic. com/jihoxj. jpg[/IMG]

• Ssimon91
    A load of horse shit honestly. Girls are smarter than guys? No. Most would like to Think that way , but it's not the case unless that guy is completely whipped. Not saying there aren't any smart girls out there, but lmfao.

"There are no good men out there "

Any girl who says this shouldn't be taken seriously in my honest opinion. And this is coming from someone with 2 sisters, And has been dating for ages. Good guys are everywhere but aren't given the time of day because of looks. (Let's be real, its a important preference ) Which keeps them in that friend area. Ready to be used when fit. In today world, a good guy seems to be someone who would allow themselves to be used for a girl or a model friend. Not someone you'll date.

However, if you act like you have a backbone and assert your self I find that you have a better chance of getting girls. No one likes a pushover and this is something most " good guys " set themselves up to be. I had this problem myself. After I changed to a more assertive guy, with a asshole vibe, oddly enough girls got turned on and I started having more success. Just know when you are about to cross the line from playful asshole, to a true asshole.

• Unfortunately, girls react POSITIVELY to Men who behave like Jerks. This appeals to their "lizard brain". Some women eventually wake up later and realize this and understand with their higher Brain that they have ignored the good guys in their life. The realization may come too late and find that the good men have moved on with their lives with other Women.

• Rawrzz
    Good post, except for "women are smarter than men." What you shouod have said, "School's are geared towards educating females and enforce female behavior and learning styles due to feminization of the West, leading to women excelling more than males in school." Women are not "smarter than men." Though I know everyone will applaud if you say so, whereas they would call you a misogynist if you said men were smarter than women.

I would also add in the base reasoning for female value increasing and male value decreasing. I was surprised you put in the workforce aspect, because that's not something I've heard. Like. From anyone. I would add that female value has always been centered on gheir attractiveness, which has only increased over time due to cosmetics. And certainly, as you say, being injected into the workforce adds extra societal value to women. However. Women have innate social value as the more important biological gender via reproductive resources--the rarer the resource, the more valuable it is. Sperm vs egg. Sperm is effectively worthless since there is so much of it.

So, males start out with 0 social value. The way males have always gained social value has been through occupation and achievement. However, now that women can maintain occupations and achievements, that bolsters their social value far beyond males when tacking on that attractiveness value bolstered by cosmetics. Meaning a woman who has a total value of 5 is equal to a male who has a social value of 8. Even if a male maxed out his effort, if he's starting off as a 5--average--he can't really work up to a 10 in order to become valuable enough to land an average woman. The vast majority of avergae men, by definition, cannot become 10s--otherwise, the average raises with them.

Regardless, even if they try their very hardest, there will always be that value descreoancy which cannot be bridged. I'm sure you applaud women for their standards--as you seem the type--however, it's suddenly a "no good man" when a male decides to maintain his standards or bail out of the game? You see it as this grand scheme to ultimately get laid, but what if it is simply many men realizing that at their peak, the best they can do is land some hippo bitch with cankles, so they decide to bail out of the game?

It's really just a bad situation for males, all around. Even if they do put 200% more effort in than they did in the olden days, they will not be respected or desired for it, many of them.
  • brain5000
    Excellent Take. Even the comments are great. More discussion about this is needed. I contemplated these issues and proposed a solution seven months ago. Unfortunately a lot of people couldn't read past the headline, which was unfortunate:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a23640-could-feminism-save-the-american-family
    • elew4too

I just read it. Brilliant. I just wrote the prequel to your story. I didn't mean to intrude lol

• brain5000

:) Thanks!

• brain5000

If this topic is of interest to you, you might have already read this. If not, I recommend it.

www.theatlantic.com/.../

• Hidden_P
    I think the clincher here is guys have not changed. They have but not positively.

The world has changed. The women used to stay at home, run the home and the children and did the cooking and cleaning. Nowadays, it's not possible for most people to have only one income, and to except your woman to work all day and then look after your home and your dinner and your shopping too? That's more than her fair share. Some men like to hold onto those old values because it means less work.

This is why women complain.

I consider myself to be pretty open minded but also, I appreciate traditional values.

For the entirety of our relationship, I've never been able to financially help my boyfriend. Instead, I cooked and cleaned for him and I didn't even live there. But what made me open my eyes was our first date.
    I was used to men wanted to shag me and nothing more.
    But my boyfriend invited me over, cooked me a steak dinner and we stayed up until 2am. He walked me to my car. I appreciated the fact he held traditional values as well. He respected me.

My point is men have changed to believe that casual sex is awesome, girlfriends change with every day, and hey I work you clean it's the woman's role (note SOME MEN!!!). Respect in the modern world has been lost.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is men have changed. But not to work with the changes happening.
    • Applefan1

Don't lump all men into what you are saying women complain about because I know lots and lots of men that do their fair share of work every single day. I have seen women these days turn for the worst as well with things they now do to men that really just sucks and also seen just as many lazy women. This will probably surprise you in other countries around the world men do have more casual sex than women but in my country women have 3 times more casual sex than the men do. I think respect has been lost from men to women and but also there are a lot of women that just have no respect for men either. Women have also changed as well. All I am saying is while you say men may have changed women also have and also not for the better. I am not saying women should stay at home and cook. I am not meaning it in that way. I meaning all the innocent men that are good men that have been treated like total shit by women. I guess what I am saying is this is a two way street.

• Applefan1

A person that treats a person like total shit will not get respect back regardless of their gender.

• Applefan1

I have also noticed with some women and I said SOME that like to hold on to modern beliefs when it suits them and old beliefs when that suits them.

• Maik567
    1. In my experience the only women who complain about "there not being any good men left" are the ones who have huge flaws themselves. And you mostly hear about shit like that online anyway, I've only heard it a couple of times in real life.

2. "In an age where women could barely find work, finding a man was not an option; it was a necessity." It really wasn't about women having a hard time finding a job, it was more about how society was structured and what was the norm. The norm was for the man to bring the food to the table and for the woman to stay home and take care of the kids.

3. "and once a lady got pregnant, she was attached to the child's father whether she liked it or not" You do realize that more often than not it's actually the opposite, and it still is for men. Since women statistically want babies more than men, and nowadays women can get an abortion but men have no say whether they are ready to be a parent or not after the woman has gotten pregnant.

4. More educated doesn't mean smarter. Men still score on average about 3 points higher on IQ tests than women. I'm not saying that IQ tests are a good measurement of smartness but just saying that you can't come to conclusions like that.

5. Guys have changed, you just even proved that in the graph in your point 4, it's fucking ridiculous how you completely ignore the changes in the level of education that men have gone through and only talk about what women have done.

"that women easily caught up to and overtook men in terms of their personal achievements."

You say this based on what? Women have overtook men in terms of personal achievements? What the fuck are you even talking about, do you really think you get to be the judge of someones personal achievements. People are different and someone could consider their biggest personal achievement raising their children well when another person could consider their career as the most important one.

The reason the gap between women and men didn't close because women were improving and men weren't. It closed because society has become more equal.

This whole mytake is just a whole lot of biased bullshit. You even present the idea that women are improving and chasing their dreams and men aren't doing anything. That is completely fucking ridiculous.
  • JRICHARDS1996
    You raise some good points but there are a few things I would point out. First, you seem to be assuming that by having a career and being independent, women somehow gain sexual value. I disagree. Not in principle, but by observation. The truth of the matter is that most men do not seem to care about whether or not a woman is educated or how much money she has. In fact, why do you think so many older men go for younger women? It is precisely because they are not as independent and wealthy as women their own age. Instead men want physical beauty and a willingness to adhere to traditional roles of femininity at least to a reasonable extent.

Therefore when you state that men do not want to raise their own value, I have to make a correction. You say it as if it implies that men are lazy and that the value of women has gone up. Rather, in the eyes of men, the value of women has gone DOWN, thus there really is no incentive to better themselves unless women start returning to traditional gender roles.
    • AGREED. Men want physical beauty, feminiity and youth. Youth in particular if he wants to have children. If he wants a traditional family, the Wife should be in her early to mid 20s. It is simply better to have children early. Finances are also important. If she went to College, she may have Student Debts. Financial problems are still a leading cause of Divorce. Expect to spend ~$250,000 /child over 18 years. to raise them. Thats $1157/month!

• needsanswers100
    I like your analysis but I respectfully disagree with your conclusion. You should take into account that it is a known fact that men and women have a different distribution across their populations when it comes to the area of intelligence. I can’t remember the name of the study but in my 2010 Psychology 101 textbook, a study was cited that showed women have a more even distribution of intelligence (meaning more women are of average intelligence) then men. However, more men were of high level of intelligence then women, and on the opposite side more men were of below average intelligence then women. This means that on average men and women come out to be at around the same level of intelligence but that doesn’t mean men and women will also come out the same academically. Luckily academic success is far from an end all be all barometer for success so my conclusion is that men are more independent and like to strike out on their own, away from the academic realm. I think its just men being men and women being home, which is what men and women should be doing, following their nature.
  • lightbulb27
    Great topic and start. men either haven't changed or possible devolved. I've been exposed to some thoughts around this, so will add a few. I agree with @SayYes2Courtney first sentence.

Emotional - We've always had wars, but we've had a bunch of them in a row in our generations and this time... lost a lot of men. The ones that came back could impact their kids (hopefully positively), the ones that didn't left wounds and gaps in the offspring.

We transitioned to where the men aren't in community to raise the kids... migration from farm to city jobs.. and dad isn't around to build character in the kids (try bailing hay all day.. going out hunting all week, fishing, teaching trades on the farms, or having your but beat for forgetting to milk the cows. ) So many are on the xBOX even rich kids lack parents as both parents work so much. Basically boys received less training from their fathers and men, and more from our moms... feminine traits or lack of dicipline.

Who teaches us to be a man, to persevere, build character and courage? Some of us didn't get what we needed... and were stunted in ability to handle... emotionally... a woman (they have their own issues and are more emotional beings). I see so many men who don't understand women and can't handle them emotionally... and the relationships crumble or stall out. The woman are frustrated.

Dis integration of marriages hasn't helped... that leaves its own emotional bagged with offpsring... male and female.

Soft skills like computers may have impacted how men develop. Not positive about that, but it is quite a bit different than the manual work men used to do, in teams.

There was a series on this topic, don't recall the name of it at the moment... there's a lot more to it.

Bottom line, men need to work at developing men. We historically... build each other up (combat, competition, working together on projects, etc..). We need training to motivate boys to become men. Or else the women and offspring will suffer...

• HorrorFan
    2. I agree with this for the most part.

3. Contraceptives don't allow for more choice. The loosening of the strangehold of religion and the advent of modern day feminism do.

4. Women aren't really smarter than men. Well... they are. Sort of. They just attend College at higher rates now. Men by and large still work the vast majority of the much needed manual labor jobs and other various 'dangerous' jobs that women mostly ignore. However, men still tend to make more on average because they gravitate towards certain higher paying degree based jobs, whereas women gravitate toward some of the lower paying ones.

Studies have shown that on average, women are slightly more intelligent than men. Whereas men tend to gravitate a bit more towards the extremes. Most of the geniuses throughout history have been men.

"Educated people want educated partners" This statement really only applies to women, though. While, you can assume certain preferences, as a whole, men have never had the same level of expectations of education and financial stability as women do.

5. Women aren't really in a position to expect men to adjust to their own widespread cultural changes. Women were attempting (and have widely succeeded) to become equal to men. This put both genders on an even playing field. For men to change 'for the better', they would then have to unbalance things again.

Again, it's not up to the entire gender as a whole to 'step up'. They've always been the top of the totem pole. Maybe with the advent of feminism and social justice in general, women shouldn't really be taking the position of having unrealistic expectations. Maybe it's not the man's job to impress women anymore. Feminists wanted to kill gender roles and make everything equal, after all.

Honestly, the MGTOW movement is such a tiny shred of internet man-child crybabies, that they are hardly representative of a cultural shift in modern society. They have always existed and have always been the duds of natural selection. They just have a voice on the internet now.

Again, it's not a man's job to live up to this supposed new level of standards set forth by women. Men abstain from relationships for many reasons. Again, less religion and more feminism lead to the cultural acceptance of casual sex. This leads to less need for commitment. Throw in fears of just how much the court system tends to favor women and this is where we are.
  • Kylesar
    So at the end of the article, you basically tell men to start living up to their standards. Why do you think the bar is so high in the first place? If everyone meets expectations, the few that exceeded will have favor, thus raising the bar by default. That's why the pool of good men keeps shrinking and always will

That's why MGTOW even exists. You're telling men to spend all this time and energy changing themselves JUST so they can appeal to women and their high-ass standards, which have constantly risen due to celebrities, movies, friends, and your grandma's stories. That's not helping. That's making it worse.

That's how you spoil a woman, and that's the last thing the dating world needs more of

If you give women all the cards, look what happens. No. It's about time men step up and take some of those cards back. If you play their game, you're gonna always lose.

I didn't want to believe this was a kiss-ass post, but once you hit the shaming ending, that was the only conclusion I could reach.

I'm just gonna assume you're gonna flip the switch and do the reverse. Hopefully there is some redemption, because this was actually well thought-out
  • circlebill
    Many women are just so spoiled and entitled in their attitudes that they lose track of reality! If a man is a genuine, actual good person in thought, word and deed, many women automatically consider him to be DOG CRAP! It's the truth! Men learn that they are far more successful with women when they are more pushy, more aggressive and more uncaring! Scum-of-the-earth "thug" characters are never without women! Yet, genuine, actual good men are frequently shunned! It's a very simple issue of supply and demand!

Women en masse have been going through their prime youth years accepting only some kind of "bad boy", "jerk", "jackass" or "thug" variant! Then SUDDENLY, after 15 years of screwing "douche bag" characters who only saw them as disposable cum dumpsters... SUDDENLY, when they reach their 30s and less men are interested... SUDDENLY, when the end of their child bearing years is approaching... SUDDENLY, they dare to ask: "Why are there no good men left?" Today's women are liberated, independent and highly discriminating in their choices!

Obviously, all women are not the same! But many women are indeed the same in following the described pattern of "jerks" in their prime youth years and only looking for a "good" man when they face the wall of middle age! Many women do not seem to realize that their choices in dating and sex have a powerful effect on the behaviour of men! Men have been trying their hardest to be what women will accept! So now, many men are just what women taught them to be!
  • Philosopher_Edge
    I think you are incorrect. Seriously so.

See, here's the problem: The whole 'setting the bar' in the first place.

Which is actually whole reason for groups like MGTOW and the Grasseaters. We don't want to have to measure up to anyone else' standards. I'd suggest reading books about the current trends in the men's movement.

I think what it comes down to, is we are sick of playing. And we kinda just want to be accepted. Women had their movement, now it's our turn. If I met someone cool, right on. But I'm not going to compromise myself and my dreams and wants to get my dick wet by some chick who thinks she deserves better.

Which is actually kind of funny when you think about it. Half the world's population is female, and they are going to continue to fight for an ever shrinking pool of 'good' men. We should start taking bets. lol

You want a solution? Here's one: Talk to other men. Find out what they REALLY feel and REALLY think. Find out from them what THEY want instead of simply placing statistics. Find out what schools are doing (or more precisely, HAVEN'T done) to ward off the educational and learning gaps between boys and girls. Get involved at the grade level, start familiarizing yourself with the feminization of boys. Learn about the detrimental effects of Male Conditioning. Start looking at how men are treated by law.

While you're at it, look into a film called 'The Mask You Live In.'

And to be honest, you almost sound like you are kissing up to women... And start helping find a solution. Pointing it out isn't doing anyone (other than yourself?) any favors.
  • RationalMale
    "Women are smarter than men."
    If you count spending 45 or 60k to go to college and get a masters in English smarter... okay. I interviewed at a local university, the woman who interviewed me was about 29... very nice lady. Masters in Anthropology, did time at the British Museum. Currently was working in Admin for $16 an hour.
    • Indigo91

Women think there so intelligent because they have a degree. like my self am studying for a degree but that does not mean am any better than a person who is working at a supermarket if I don't land the job I want. Students like me are gonna end up in debt when we leave university...

• @Indigo91 education isn't intelligence. it means they can follow directions, show up on time, remember how to do things for a short period of time so on. i dropped out of majoring computer science, i bet her masters was a cakewalk compared.

• cth96190

I spend most of my days on a university campus and I see a lot of what you mentioned: people (mainly women) who spend tens of thousands of dollars to get useless degrees.
      We refer them to the 'would you like fries with that' degrees.
      They include, but are not limited to: arts, psychology, linguistics, communications/journalism, environmental science (borders on being an oxymoron), theatre and even law.
      I know an honours graduate in law who is working in a call centre, answering insurance questions. His fate is fairly typical.
      Three weeks ago I met one of the new student counsellors. She had a PhD in linguistics. Only after she had invested 10 years in that plan and spent goodness knows how much money, did she realise that her qualification was worth zero in the job market.
      People in general, but women in particular, seem to be unable to get their heads around the idea that if they want to make money with their degree it needs to be something in the line of science or engineering.

• MeghanL
    I took one off the market a little over a week ago. Scott & I got married!
  • ThisDudeHere
    "Men would rather start an entire movement about going their own way and shunning sex altogether then live up to standards that go beyond their own self-sufficiency."

And that is bad... how exactly? I mean, unless I mistook your point, your argument is that, since women can now achieve much of the same things men can, men have to achieve MORE. Dafuq? Or how about women stop having high expectations? What about that?

I mean, if I get an apartment, she gets an apartment, I get a car, she gets a car BUT she still expects me to have MORE? Screw that bitch then. Be real.
    • elew4too

Men shunning sex altogether is not bad. My bad if that implication was perceived. Totally agree with what you say

• Ok then.

• karahiri
    Well that was sobering :x So... what's the solution? Is there a solution? lol.

Nice take by the way.
    • elew4too

I wish I could tell you. Men really love sex, so the fact that we're willing to give it up en masse to resist stepping up our game really says a lot about our reluctance/inability to achieve more, unfortunately.

I'll make my next MyTake more inebriating for you lol

• karahiri

:o careful now, a lot of guys out there might hate you for drawing that conclusion lol. not really making men seem any more desirable... :p

i would appreciate that immensely :D

• brain5000

I proposed a solution seven months ago. Unfortunately many people couldn't read past the headline.

• somebodysaycheese
    So, what your saying is men are too lazy to evolve just as women have? I think thats pretty freaking sad. Women no longer depend on a man money. But that means you need to bring other things to the plate like can you build something? Can you cook? are you emotionally intelligent. Really if women can change so can men.
    • elew4too

Women didn't evolve as much as their restraints were released. Men never had any restraints (legally, biologically, etc.). They had the maximum amount of liberty society could provide. Therefore, women's relative progression over the years has superseded men's in leaps and bounds.

Men have been building things, empathizing and cooking for centuries. I'm not implying that men can't do those things. I'm saying that having those traits are more heavily emphasized in modern relationships because women can take over tasks that were traditionally male-orientated.

• Yes, thats my point. We are supposed to compliment eachother and if women can do everything a man can do. Where do men fit in? Im just saying men can change , plus men today lack drive. Which turns women off.

• elew4too

I think we agree. "Where do men fit in?" I think a lot of guys are asking themselves the same question nowadays, and instead of stressing themselves out trying to land a date with a quality girl, it's easier for many to just lower their standards or depart from the game altogether. Some men lack drive nowadays. Therefore, I think we agree

• Phoenix98
    Lol I know for a fact that's not at all true, I know tons of great guys.

Also men and women have the same base intelligence really the only discernible difference is that men do better with singular tasks while women are more suited for multitasking in general and we're wired to think differently and approach problems differently but women aren't smarter then us and we're not smarter then them.

Not really a good mytake and your incorrect on several things.
    • Intelligence varies from country to country.

• Phoenix98

@JustheretoChill

All races have pretty much the same baseline intelligence now whether or not they have the schools and money, desire to advance it is another story.

• Biologically speaking, there are MORE GENIUS Men than GENIUS Women. Also, there are MORE STUPID Men than STUPID Women. On a bell curve, there are generally more Women of average intelligence than Men. For more info, Google on "Sorry, Girls! But The Smartest People In The World Are All Men"

• AleDeEurope
    So women now are asking the same question men have been asking since forever.
    Thank goodness you ladies caught up.

xD
  • ManOnFire
    Nah, not really. Women today are having more casual sex than they ever have, so their standards aren't that high. And their relationships are still failing at a higher rate - I think - than mens'. Education and careers only make you smart for what you studied, not based on average life intelligence.
    • I know right. I see girls who are dental hygienists and nurses dating dudes with no jobs so I don't think it matters too much. My next door neighbor is always fighting with her boyfriend and all he ever does is stay at the house so I don't really think it's because an unavailable.

• ManOnFire

@LiveFreeorDieHard Exactly. I really don't know who women think they're fooling. Everyone can see how they bullshit, proclaiming all these standards and "choosyness" yet making a joke of themselves. I can never take it seriously.

• I know. I think they have standards when it comes to dating maybe? But if you have tattoos or act like a jackass, boom automatic real man and she wants to date them.

• Gommers
    Made it to where you said women were smarter than men. Average female iq is 5 points less than mens. Women are drastically underrepresented at the extreme high iq range. Women also choose to be ignorant.
    • Mayamoon02

Maybe women are less interested in taking IQ tests? They don't feel the need to quantify their intelligence.

• Gommers

@Mayamoon02 that's not how iq works

• Mayamoon02

I don't think you understood my sentence.
      I am referring to the need of measuring your intelligence via an IQ score.
      That is how it works actually

• Whizzy83
    Little truth to this! A lot of women have high standards, not all but some. With all this feminist shit going around women stand up more to men and shut them down. The media is fucking both men and women making life an illusion expecting us to be the perfect humans that we are not.
  • Azara
    i dont think men were better when women were forcibly keep out of society.. by men. that is completely illogical. its like saying men were better during legal slavery bc thy knew how o take charge.
  • Panay
    I swear everyone is horribly pessimistic. I've yet to meet someone I outright hate. There are a few people who I don't particularly like, but mostly they're at least trying to be good people.
    The majority of people I've met are decent people though- it's rare to find people that are jsut complete dicks
  • BlondeBlueEyes84
    Blonde guys like me are usually good men. We just have no interest in most kind of women nowadays. She has to be super special to be worth pursuing.

There are no good women left.
  • joe138
    There are still some good men and people left out there, you just gotta know where to look but liberalism has taken a very strong hold on society, that meaning lack of morals and principals. Set your standards don't go back on them and start looking in the right places. I hope i was of some help.
  • hasta_la_jolla
    If you think that being better educated is the same as being smarter then your university failed you.

TBH I think women have always been picky and critical of their potential mates and that is something that will never change. Women are free to expect more from men nowadays but women will have to do more to match.
  • Tanuron
    In all honesty though, women in general aren't really impressive either, much like guys in general aren't impressive to women. Why is it that the "bar" has been raised by women?, maybe just all the good guys have raised theirs. Since so hard to find for a reason in many ways. Hence also they may shy away from relationships in general, which wouldn't be weird for anyone who have a bit higher standards, doubt people who do jump into relationships all the time.

An based on what I see in this world, I kinda think education seem to make people even more stupid at times, sadly. No education you might be brainwashed by your surroundings. With schools and such you are brainwashed by the herd or sheep mentality, where individuality is never encouraged.

Screwed either way in life, but that is life, lol
  • Craig2
    Why Are There No Good Men Left?
    1) They aren't in the places you're looking.
    2) They aren't what you're looking for.

Every single girl I know has the things they want in a man on a list somewhere either written down or in their head. The problem then becomes that just like everyone else on this planet you find out that that person doesn't exist, so you compromise. Most girls though aren't willing to budge on some things (appearance for example) and are willing to sacrifice a lot of stuff for a good looking guy who's an ass instead of a better guy who's not hot. You're right though. Your standards are too high. It's good to have an ideal in your head, but Prince Charming isn't real and there are regular guys everywhere who are good guys that you would never speak to let alone date. Be a bit more open-minded.
  • Jeff_wolsieffer_57
    Howdy, Jeff 57 and, after being played by my wife I never even thought of looking for another wife. Good Man?, we're out there - I currently no longer know where to look nor do I understand this world however; if I simply held-out my hand... would she understand and place her hand on mine these days?
    I'm not a Player and if she were willing to spend the rest of her life with me I'd at least be able to sleep at night and she would always know that "we" would no longer have to be alone.
  • kelvinmed
    I would say the playing field has evened out more and to me that's not bad. It is true I only got my personality and personal trait to attract women. So far, what I have that's impressive is a progressive and ignorant-free mind
  • GOOSEBOY78
    the real reason there are no good guys is that also some women would rather have the baby without the father attached.

or put him in a friendzone. because they dont like him. so no one else can have him either. so they go on the internet and moan about how their life sucks

or put him in a FB or friends with benefits relationship. of which its all the fun stuff without the relationship crap getting in the way...

or have been burned by PUA's and PLAYAZ so all men are tarred with the same brush.
    • GOOSEBOY 78. Why have the Father around? You can take him to Court and get Child Support. The Mother can also get the Government to be the substitute Father.

• GOOSEBOY78

@MagiAlphaOne because every child deserves the father in their lives. boys can be like him, and do guy stuff with him. and girls learn how a man should treat his lady. a father is a job for life and not just a paycheck for 18 years. because no matter how old your child is they will always be your little boy/girl

• JSmuve
    Ah yes, the adage that women always want to date up. However, the fact that women have had their barriers removed allowing them to get to our level of self-sufficiency, and the tendency of wanting to date up leads to a massive conflict between the sexes. It means that guys always have to earn more or be more educated. If she has a masters, he has to have a PhD. If she earns 70k, he has to earn at least 100k. But is this even reasonable to expect of guys? Its like its now become an arms race of self sufficiency between the sexes and the women are trying to beat the guys but are secretly disappointed when they win.

Once you level the playing field you have to realize that you can't necessarily date up financially. And if you choose to, then your dating pool becomes that much smaller.
  • MagiAlphaOne
    The good Men are typically taken early (20s). Traditionally, Women usually married in their early 20s as well. Unfortunately, most Women these days pursue going to College first. Then establish their Careers second and then decide to try to find a Husband when they approach 30. Women then find themselves asking "where have all the good men gonie". A Man at 30 years old, and later, finds that his value in the Dating Scene begins to increase. He now has options because he is now established in his Careeer and has resources (HOPEFULLY!). He can now date a younger Women... and get her! The Birth Control Pill has dropped the price of sex for MEN! Now that a Woman does not fear getting pregnant she can have sex freely. For a Man, this is great news! The Woman that chooses to remain a virgin until she gets married will be bypassed by Men. If a Woman says no to sex, the odds are that the next one will.
  • Relentless_Hippie
    I like men better than women it seems as quality women have become a minority.
    • Aren't there more women that talk smack about their friends behind their back than males do?

• @steven7890789 Yup. One of the reasons why I don't like them very much.

• Yeah. Isn't it funny that there are people that actually think most women are nice? People always portray them as innocent, etc. Of course there are some nice women but there are very few of them. I can tell you are nice. Most of the females that are different from most women are the ones that hang around mostly guys. I think one reason why many women think good guys are being fake nice is because they deal with many women being face nice to them all the time so when they come across a good guy, they say things like,''He is mostly likely a douche pretending to be nice'' or he'' just wants to get laid.''' etc. What other reasons you don't like most women?

• zagor
    There are plenty of good men left. It's just that everyone is so busy running around trying to get rich, get fit, find fulfillment, etc. that they don't have time to notice those around them.
  • JudgmentDay
    Who really gives a fuck about about why there are no "good" men left? Really? Does it really matter? People are going to do their own thing, their own way, no way to really control them. Not everyone has to choose to be a "good" man anyway, it's really up to them to decide what is really "good" for them.

I think the whole MGTOW thing really should be changed to "Humans (or People)" Going Their Own Way or "Singles" Going Their Own Way instead.

Who gives a shit? Besides no one really has to, that is unless if they absolutely really want to.

Therefore, I think everyone can all just do their own thing, their own way, whenever, however, wherever, and whatever way they want to, think they want to or like to. If they don't want to be "good" then they don't need to or have to be "good".
  • vishna
    It's so weird when I see MyTakes on the dating world. Being a young woman, who has only dated 3 people, it's hard to realize that there are people out there who have probably been on 30 first dates by the time their 29.

It's also hard to really relate to MyTakes like this. I have a boyfriend, we're talking marriage, and hopefully (I'm thinking) I'll never have to date again.

I see how your words definitely make sense regarding education and working, those are the facts. I dunno, for me though, I don't agree with there not being any good men left. I just don't see the world that way. So, it's hard to really know what to do with a mytake like this, all the opinions.

I asked my mom and she said she didn't agree with that saying either. It's not that we both want traditional men and date in that sphere. I'm pretty progressive. Hmm.
    • elew4too

Yeah, I should've used the phrase "some women" instead of "women." My language gives the false impression that I think all or most women think this way. My bad :-/

• vishna

I got you, still, I'm stumped. It's weird. It's never something I've thought of in this particular way.

• elew4too

I wrote it because I didn't understand where some women were coming from when they would say there's no good men left. I know tons of guys who I consider to be "good guys." The disconnect between their rhetoric and my perceived reality made me try to think from a woman's perspective. This is what I came up with. I don't want you confused!

• WhaChaChaKing
    I personally think men have gotten better so no complaints here.
    • zagor

At least since soap was invented.

• CBryan
    Why does it matter? most of the articles on this site are about good guys being worthless to women.. lol
  • Sixgun77
    If all the good ones are taken, then am I to assume that all us single guys are bad ones? If we manage to get a girlfriend, do we somehow magically turn into one of the good ones?
  • anonman32
    i wonder if this means that society is declining. there's a lot of men in jail too. a lot more than women.
  • kitty71
    Good take and I wish to have an answer about that as Im still looking for my match and in like 35 years or more I haven't found it yet
  • SnatchFinderGeneral
    I'm a good guy.

I'm good looking, muscular, have a good sense of humour, and highly intelligent, I'm an artist and animator, I love pleasing women, I would never have children with a woman unless I was certain I will always be there for them.

I have absolutely no interest in pursuing women whatsoever. I have no interest in marriage. I do not want any one of you women. There is nothing you can offer me except for sex, and porn replaces that. That reduces women to a womb. And I would not have children with a woman who is nothing more that a womb.

Women will never have me. They only have themselves to blame.