Where Men Should and Should Not Approach Women

In this my take I am going to talk about a few of the inappropriate and appropriate places to ask women out for starters let's first talk about the inappropriate places to ask women out.

1. The street

Men, the street is not the proper place to ask a woman out. Don't approach women in the street and harass them, they aren't looking for dates and even if they do look at you, someone smiling at you doesn't mean they like you, common courtesy. People are busy and they have places to be so don't be rude and a creeper.

2. Grocery stores

Supermarkets and other shops are not appropriate places to ask women out so stop harassing women. βœ‹ No women do not go to the grocery store looking for men or go to the store to be hit on, they go there to shop. Just because the cashier looks at you and smiles or laughs does not mean she likes you as well. It means that she is being a polite and a nice store employee doing her job, not that she wants to go out with you.

3. The workplace

Men, the workplace is also not the appropriate place to ask women out so please stop flirting with women and harassing them while you are supposed to be working. Women go to work to well WORK, not to be oogled at or hit on.

4. The gym

Finally males, no the gym is not the appropriate place to hit on women. Neither is the school library or the coffee shop. You will rightfully be labeled a creep and you may even get a woman who's tired of it and she'll tell you to stop harassing her. No she is not wrong, she is 100% right, STOP.

Now time for the appropriate places. If you are in college, joining clubs and activities is good. If the woman gives you signs that she is interested then ask her out on a date, if she says no, stop and move, don't become a bitter moron who says all women like bad boys. If you are not in college then join activities or hobbies that you enjoy. There are sports team as well as hiking groups, riding bicycles, dance groups, yoga, education groups, volunteering as well as through friends to meet females. If a woman is interested in you after talking to her in one of these activities then make the next step in asking her out for coffee or something light hearted.

Thank you for reading this my take, feel free to voice your opinion and good luck to you all.

625

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion at work can only be appropriate if you also don't work there, that's how I met my boyfriend. The street and the grocery store? I see what you're saying but proper execution can work in these situations if you know how to actually be engaging and non-threatening. For me personally the places I would suggest, as a woman, to not hit on a woman would be anywhere where she can't get away or would otherwise not feel safe.

The bus
    An air plane
    A dark street
    Outside the bathroom at a club or bar
    An elevator

Etc.

• What is wrong with an airplane, IF you have been conversing with her for awhile, and she has indicated she is single.

I once was talking with a girl on the ten-minute ride from the rental car drop-off to the airport, and she basically told me how much she wanted to meet a man and have a family. It was kind of weird and desperate, so I didn't follow up...

• I meant if you had already been conversing and it's getting to the end of the flight.

• See, the beauty of "rules" like the ones in this take is...

... For boys who actually NEED these kinds of "rules", the ones here are absolutely on point.
      LOL

Meanwhile, all the boys who have the slightest iota of normal socialization will just carry on as normal.

(Lol "the street"... I actually met my longest-term boyfriend, other than my h, *ON* one of the freeways around here. Literally, ON the freeway. Stuck behind some crash that closed all the travel lanes for about two hours... got out and started chatting... and that chapter was written ahah.)

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no appropriate place or time to make a move on a woman.
    Do not speak to women. Do not even look at a woman. Treat them as though they were invisible.
    It is too easy for a psycho female to destroy a man's life with false allegations of sexual harassment, or sexual assault, or rape.
    Even speaking to a woman will soon become too legally dangerous for a man. For example, in Nottinghamshire, England, there is an Orwellian law that makes it a hate crime to interact with a woman, if the woman decides that she does not fancy you.
    I say, give the Feminists and their fellow travellers in the female collective what they say that they want: ignore them completely and go your own way.
    Walk off the plantation and keep on walking.
    MGTOW

• Yes, for someone like yourself, that's a good rule.

• @juliaanita how am I a loser when you don't know who I am? For all you know I could be Bruce the Australian millionaire lol You women only call the men losers who are not the ones who kneel down and put up with womens BS like the white knights and mangina's. That is why women hate MGTOW, you"s hate the fact more men are waking up to feminism and womens bad behaviour and rejecting you western whores.

Female nature and behaviour is toxic and should be monitored to keep a stable civilisation.

• @Mrwoo99 On the basis of the above diatribe I rest my case

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• A million times NO is the grocery store the right place to hit on a girl. I can't tell you how many times I've had to watch for anybody following me out of Walmart late at night.

I agree with everything here except the coffee shop and library. I think those are safe places to ask a girl out.

• I agree fully, and the only reason I said library and coffee shop off limits is because most of the time people come to the library to read and have their ear phones in or are busy reading a book or studying, I said coffee shop as well because people in my experience of getting coffee lol are usually in a rush or are on their laptops or with ear phones plugged in. Thanks for reading πŸ™‚

• Yes! Finally, someone understands how creepy it is to have guy approach you in the street. Good job, and thanks for having common sense

• I'm assuming this doesn't happen on an occurrence?

• Realistically, a lot of it is about approach and being able to read signals. It can be ok to approach a woman in public, such as on the street or at the grocery store, but you have to know how to do it.

(1) Body language. If she's walking head down, earphones in, she probably doesn't want to be approached. If she's waiting for a bus and looking around idly, it's probably safer.

(2) Approach. Don't approach right off with asking for her number, or telling her how hot she is. Chat with her. Make some small talk. Try to be an interesting person that she wants to talk to. After that you can ask for her number.

(3) Cues. If you're getting short, clipped answers, or if she moves away from you, stop - she doesn't want to talk. If she's giving longer answers, moving closer, making eye contact, it's ok to proceed.

• I get hit on by this dude at work... a lot. I try to avoid him. But he makes excuses to see me.

• I feel like its not about where, but how you do it. If you hit on her in a disrepctful manner, its not okay in those places. But if you're nice, talk to her a bit in the grocery store then say "you seem really interesting. Would you maybe like to go out for coffee sometime?" Or something cute and innocent it could work. Uncommon, but not unheard of.

• never seen a girl alone in a grocery store, usually people who have children already

What Guys Said 24

• I won't be following most of these rules, but if other guys want to handicap themselves, I'm not against it

• Haha, sounds right

Like, there are a lotta social scaredy cats here. Just don't be awkward and asking a girl on a date is no problem

Except at work, that's good advice :)

• @TiffyPuff yeah. There's a right and a wrong way to approach women. It really can be done anywhere, even at work. My reason for advising against doing it at work though has nothing to do with me feeling that women don't like hooking up with guys from work (@OP happens all the time by the way... even on gag you get tons of questions FROM women about how to date their coworker or even boss)... it more has to do with the issue of if things go wrong, you don't really want to be stuck in each others presence more often than you need to, as that can genuinely be awkward. But yeah i think the sky's the limit really. I certainly won't tie two hands behind my back for the sake of a few women who may not like it... because at the end of the day, when it comes time for them to want to get a boyfriend, all they need to do is walk out of the house. And while im sitting at home being a good little boy not approaching them, they are getting throat fucked by their bf's. No thanks =)

• Well I like to think that when I give felatio, it's a bit classier than throat fucking... 😏😏

• As far as I can tell, workplace has policies and procedures that prohibit and forbid coworkers from fraternizing, especially if they work within the same department. And even if somebody were to get in a relationship at work, if something goes wrong and goes bad, the fall out from a breakup or split of that relationship can be damaging to one or both parties. If I remember correctly @JRICHARDS1996 had a mytake that documented his really terrible experience about being fucked over by approaching some girl he worked with in the same department.

Either way, I'm all good though as I never had approached and couldn't feel the desire to approach anymore anyway. I do have to agree with clubs and activities or volunteering because it's easier for people open up more when it's already in a social setting so it makes it less awkward.

• I agree fully, my take may come across as brash but I did it that way to attract attention, just as there are real creeps out there, there are many genuine guys who want a girlfriend and that's why I listed volunteering and social activities, it's safe and care free and most of the time, people's guards are down and people are willing to talk etc.

• Exactly. I don't go to work to dwell on my relationship problems. I go to work to try to get my mind off of them.

• To OP: Yeah volunteering is good. Also I wouldn't mind meeting a guy in my school library but unfortunately I'm always super busy there so I usually don't have time to talk and am really stressed so I'm on my worst behavior lol

• The only place I agree with you on about this list is the workplace. Otherwise I think you are completely full of shit and that this is the most misandristic, white knight piece of drivel I have ever read. If you cannot approach women at 90% of the places you would encounter them at, then how are you ever supposed to find one? Not everyone is a social butterfly who can thrive at these alleged "clubs" and "activities" you speak of. Furthermore approaching women does not make you a creep, no matter how offended stuck up bitches may be by it. Funny thing too, really attractive men will literally smack women on their asses and feel them up in public, and women don't consider it creepy because they are attractive. But if a shy, less attractive woman even approaches a woman, he is automatically the bad guy. Pure bullshit.

• Fair enough, but are men willing to take the chance of asking a woman out at the gym or the library or the street in today's world, doing so even if you have the best of intentions could turn out very badly especially if the woman gets offended, many men have gotten yelled atop called creep for approaching on the street or in the gym, do some men deserve it, maybe yes, maybe no but is one willing to take a chance in doing cold approaching or asking girls out at the gym, quick story, my friend asked out a girl in the library which I think is a major mistake, he thought everything was going fine but when he asked the girl out she said no, a couple of minutes later he was approached and asked to leave, like I said we may have the best of intentions but to a lot of women it is considered creepy and or weird to do that not counting the women who are hit on constantly who might unload there anger or annoyance on you which isn't their fault or your fault, it's just the way the game works.

• "Funny thing too, really attractive men will literally smack women on their asses and feel them up in public, and women don't consider it creepy because they are attractive." Are you sure about that? I think most women would be frightened.

• I can tell you honestly too... most women are TIRED of being approached on the street. It's a pretty constant presence. At least to my mind, if you're just coming up to me on the street, you're yet another in an endless parade of men who are interrupting my day, despite knowing nothing about me except that I have a vagina. Automatic no - it makes a guy reek of shallow and desperate.

• Suppose she works there, and she is the one who comes on to you while she is on the clock, but then when you are in the store again and she's not there, her boss begins harassing you? That's happened to me.

• #2 Grocery store. There was a time when this was not only considered by both men and women to be one of the best places, there were even grocery stores that started having singles nights.

#3 The work place. This is also one of the best and most common places for couples to meet.

I really don't think that anyplace is off limits. I can't think of any exceptions. It's about how you go about it, not the location. If a woman is walking down the sidewalk, obviously minding her own business trying to get somewhere, it should be obvious that it's not the best time. But there could easily be other situations where it's perfectly OK.

• Acceptable places to meet women: No where.

Thank you Feminists.

• nothing wrong with 3. work if you already know each other and it's clear there is some interest.

Any location or situation goes both ways if one person clearly is not interested in the other.

• I flirted with a girl once at work, but I doubt I made her feel unsafe. She was the owner's niece and could have had me fired at any time. She politely turned me down.

• computer lab, bookstore, the park & in church. Top Four

• The best place is at a dance club, bar or singles club. The worse would be a museum, bank or library. A bowling alley or skating rink would be in-between and borderline.

• I think a library is actually a good place to meet women, you meet like minded people who share a common interest which is reading... also people who read tend to be smarter, more focused, and it is good to find someone whom you can share a conversation about a deep subject, or someone whom you can share your knowledge and at the same time you can learn from them.
      Not everyhing is about bars, clubs, etc, because often you are faced with people who might be fun to hang out, but there are gonna be moments where you want to talk a serious subject but they might now know about it, or they just simply cannot hold a serious conversation.

• @lualesca

Guess you're right. A library is great. The only thing is that they want you to be quiet so you have to carry the conversation outside the library but the initial meeting was at the library as you pointed.

• nah, by the same standards as this mytake any where that serves alcohol is a bad place to meet women because if she's had a drink you are now a rapist. So bars, dance clubs, bowling alley's etc.. are all bad places.

• basically this means when you're out of college you're screwed? then you spend most time at work which is unappropriate.

• It's okay to approach women at work, so long as you don't harass them. I know a lot of couples who met at work. Workaholics mostly.

• Where men should approach women:

1. At a grimy party on campus.
    2. The back of a 1993 Dodge Ram commercial van.
    3. In a dark alley.

• Lol "don't approach them anywhere". I mostly agree with no go for the gym since it's kind of a holy place for me..

• That's totally untrue all of them if your good looking and witty enough anywhere can work

• just don't hit on girls, period. they find it offensive!

• Funerals
    Hair Salons

• Funerals are actually the best time.

• @BubbleBoy69 get a lot of stiffs there

• It's best because women are horny when they come to term with their mortality. It's like a instinctive thing that makes them want to fuck that has to do with being reminded of your mortality makes you want to fuck to reproduce even though you aren't going to actual have babies from the sex.

• I see nothing ever happening in my love life ever.

• Why do I smell GLB on this one?

• Just to add to the list... Church, the bathroom, the fitting room, a wake or funeral, a WWF wrestling match, a gay pride parade, Duncan Donuts (before 6am), a ski lift, a convent, a garbage dump, a bus stop in Newark, a ferris wheel, her gynecologists office and definitely not within 500 ft. of a trailer park.

• soooo, i have hit on and fucked women from the grocery store, the coffee shop, definitely work. The gym I can get on board with that one. I think talking at the gym should be fucking banned, like shut the fuck up and lift... digress.
    Dont think I have ever met a woman at all that other shit you mentioned. Im going to keep ddoing what i have always done and flirt with every woman i find attractive in any setting I want. usually works. good take agree to disagree

• Someone not aware of DAY GAME.

• The workplace is one of the most common places people meet their better half.

• Yeah, at least far more common than hobby clubs (has anyone under the age of 45 ever met their partner there?) and yoga lessons (where you'd just be the only straight dude and everyone knows you're just there to pick up chicks).

• @cth96190

In America (where it's even explicitly illegal to fraternise by company policy), it's fine in most other places, if you know when to back off.

• @cth96190 i think you're kind of right on the last sentence. Just before Christmas last year i was talking to one of my colleagues, saying the usual best wishes for the holiday when our receptionist announces that 'she does hugs'. I imagine if i'd done similar it would have been a trip to HR.