The WORST DATE I've Ever Had!

The WORST DATE I've Ever Had!

About a year ago I went onto POF (plenty of fish) which is a popular dating site. My relationship with my boyfriend at the time ended, and I was completely devastated that after 2 years of dating, he changed into someone so cold. Either way I was determined to have some fun and meet new people.

I posted a cute picture of myself, and waited for the messages to roll in. All sorts of different type of men were messaging me. I even got some interesting pictures on there... about a week in, I had met 0 people and my hope was slowly fading away...

The WORST DATE I've Ever Had!

When one day, I got a message from Rob! According to Rob and his profile, he was 29, 6"1, had a job in marketing, loves to cook, and is down to earth. We chatted for a while and he asked to meet up on Friday night for dinner. I said "sure".

Friday night came, I left to meet Rob at this Italian restaurant that I've never heard of. As I sat at the table drinking a glass of water, Rob showed up 25 minutes late... NOW to be fair the way his face looked matched his profile picture but that was about it. In person, he was about 5"6 (and that's generous), quite pudgy, and turns out he is actually 34 years old. To top it off he was recently laid off from his marketing job- and by the end of the night I realized he was nothing more than an arrogant a**!

The WORST DATE I've Ever Had!

Rob apologized for being late, and continued on to tell me that he so happened to stop by his friend's house, as she needed help with her furnace or something. At first I thought, ok no problem... but then he continued "she's got a great rack, man i'm a boob man can you tell?". I laughed, thinking that it was a joke, and Rob continued "yeah my last girlfriend and I used to f**k at least once a day, you into that?".

I was speechless... I didn't even know his last name, and he was already asking about my sex life 8 minutes into us meeting! "It depends on the person i'm with". And I left it at that, thinking that we could drop it.

"No offense but you looked a bit skinnier in your photos, I date skinny women with big boobs". I looked at him, and said "well have yourself a good night". As I'm about to get up to walk away, he grabs my arm and says "it was a joke! you're great-stay please". I sat back down (and I really shouldn't have).

The WORST DATE I've Ever Had!

The waiter came and before I could open my mouth or even consult with me, Rob says "let's start with greek salad, yeah, thanks". The waiter walked away, and I was shocked. "I really don't like tomatoes, wish you would have asked me if I wanted to start off with that". He smirked and said "you can pick them out". I kept quiet.

After the appetizer got there, Rob started telling me about his ex and him having sex in the car, and how "hot" it was. At this point I started to feel uncomfortable, so I stopped him and said "I don't mind that you lied about pretty much everything in your profile, but it is obvious that we are incompatible". With this I got up, and headed for the door.

I could hear him screaming at me, on my way out. It was something along the lines of "you're such a prude, go to the gym". I got in my car and started to drive, as my phone was ringing for about 6-7 times- Rob left me a few voicemail's, all which seemed that he was either drunk of bipolar. It went from apologies, to plain insults towards me. I finally blocked his number on my phone, and went ahead to delete my POF profile.

The WORST DATE I've Ever Had!

816

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Bad dates are good and bad, at least you have stories, good riddance lol. I went out w/a guy who turned out to be a total creep. I met him on the bus and I gave him my number. I specifically told him that weekend I was studying for a class that was really difficult for me. He kept calling/texting me the entire weekend, when I literally just wanted alone time. I was wary about going, but went anyways. He started demanding I become his girlfriend after about 1/2 an hour and invited me back to his empty place, he claimed I was the girl he had prayed for. I was freaked out and I didn't know his mental state, so I didn't reject him, I pretended like I would give another chance. Once he was on the bus, I walked home and texted that I never wanted to see him again. I was terribly freaked out as he actually grabbed my hand roughly while we were hanging out. Take it as a warning, if a person is obsessively contacting you, stay away unless you are both reciprocating.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 15

• Yeah, POF is probably the worst dating site in my opinion. Sorry that you had to go through that especially right after a tough break up. I hope you haven't given up on dating since because not all men are assholes like that other guy. You just have to get out there and keep trying. Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs first, right?
    Oh and I think you handled this bad date very well. You showed him more decency than he deserved.

• Oh ahaha yea POF is fucked.

Guys are looking for sex or have some sort of issues.

On my end: lots of girls are just looking for rebounds or have serious mental problems/stage 5 clingers. Also I definitely noticed the number of people that misrepresent themselves

• I haven't met a single person who was misrepresenting themselves in any way, have I just gotten lucky?

• Rebounds and mental problems though, YES.

• @frozenhorizon Definitely lucky =P You see a lot of people who show up weighing more than in their pictures, etc.

I don't know about you but I could never "fall" for any of the girls because in the back of my mind, I knew that it was extremely likely I was just being used as a rebound

• Well, I'll never have this issue as I'm not photogenic and I always get told that I look much better in person lol, so they're always pleasantly surprised.
    I kind of wondered how other dudes acted on dates, glad to see that's my competition lol Though sry for your bad experience.

• Wow. Total sucks, all around. I never lie about who I am, because really, how can you hide it? May as well be honest. Sorry for what you went through, we're not all that way!

• LOL What a horrible guy. How did he ever land a girl to begin with? Poor girl anyway.

• That was actually very entertaining. Thanks for the story and hope you found the next one that worth your time!

• Well, mine was actually worse. I was young andinncoent, and she was a co-worker, I thought we liked each other. But it turned out she just wanted to blame me for things that had gone wrong at the lab where we worked, and to berate me for flirting with our supervisor so much, and for how I treated women friends who came to have lunch with me, and everything about my behavior with her as well, how I had commented on her body too much... She was a couple of years older, and I was only 19.. I couldn't get her to change the subject and enjoy the show we were at (dinner and a magic performance.) Needless to say it didn't end with a kiss but with a slap from her.

• Jesus christ that's like the worst/most uncomfortable date I can imagine.

• Red flags! Red flags everywhere.

Glad you are over it. Good luck next time!

• Yeah POF is my least favorite. I have met some cool women from there but few and far between. It just seems like most of the women on there are single moms, obese, or really religious/cookie cutter women that I wouldn't click with.

It is always frustrating when someone misrepresents themselves and then makes you feel guilty for being disappointed too.

Him going into his sex life and asking you about yours, especially on the first date is weird and TMI. I once met a girl off tinder who spent 95% of the date giving all the details of her sex life. She was full blown talking about number of partners, details of encounters, showing nudes, and mentioning how she fucked 2 guys of the name as the bartender. I was just like WTF, why are you telling me this?

• lol wow.. that's a fucked up date, I can totally relate, what is wrong with people?

One of the shittier ones I've been on went something like this.(made it as short as possible)

We meet up, she lied about her looks and was probably about 150lbs heavier but she did seem the right age. We talked for a bit then she wanted to go to her place to show me some pictures or something nut that was a lie...

She started very awkwardly trying to get me to kiss her while she talked about some other guy she was seeing. When it was clear that wasn't going to happen she asked if I was gay... I told her I'm not and she said
    "good, then prove it. Give me 10$ and you can brutally fuck me in the ass then leave"
    I told her I needed to get my wallet from the car and I got the fuck out of there!!!

• So she's a prostitute then? And a cheap one at it.

• Like there's a difference between fooling around then eventually leading into sex as opposed to, before we do it, I'm gonna tell you all the details about my sexual past before we do it. I mean guy or girl, that's just weird.

• This was very funny and intelligible. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience! Hope you find someone.

• Rob sounds awesome and I should get his advice on seducing chicks through dating web sites.

• I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you~!

• I don't understand how guys like that are able to get dates in the first place. Way better guys will spend forever just to get a girl to even acknowledge their existence.

What Girls Said 7

• That is so awful. Definitely deserves to be in the worst dates ever category with my friend who went on a date with a guy who had no teeth and tried to get her to massage his gums. There are some real pricks out there

• Holy shit that is definitely one of the worst date stories I've heard. I had to wade through a few assholes to find my gem of a dude, but I can honestly say I've never been on a date so bad that I wanted to leave partway through - from things I've heard from other women it seems I should count myself lucky!

• I would have left after waiting 10 minutes

• What a douche bag.. good luck next time girl

• Wow what an ass lol

• i never had a bad date all were nice

• sounds like a great guy. lucky you.