#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

The Worst Valentines Day/Birthday I've Ever Had

I was born on Valentines Day 1995. This year I turn 23 and I thought it was time I wrote a mytake about this.

It was my first relationship, I was in love. Fuck we made out and groped each other every chance we got. I met her in my college class, I saw her reading one of my favorite book series and asked her about it, turned out it was her favorite too. It was a couple more weeks before I worked up the nerve to ask her out. It was ten months in when it was time for me to turn 21. Two years ago on valentines day on my 21st birthday I was going to a family gathering of hers to meet her parents. I can't for the life of me remember what the hell it was about.

I don't know how long I was there, I don't think it was longer than an hour. I gave her a card and some cheap earrings. Hell gave her a present on MY FUCKING BIRTHDAY.

I get a valentines day card, no mention of my birthday. I expected a gift-card, a present, cash whatever instead I got the card I still haven't forgotten no matter how much I'd like to. The day I turned 21 is the day she broke up with me. The day I turned 21 is the day she gave me a card that said we were done. The card that said she isn't ready for a relationship. Why the hell didn't she think of that ten goddamn months ago. Why couldn't she at least have the balls to break up with me with her own voice instead of writing it on a goddamn valentines day card. Why didn't she do it any other goddamn day of the year. Why the did she do it on valentines day, on my fucking birthday.

For quite a while I still loved her, didn't blame her. I wanted to get back together. Then I don't know what happened. I didn't love her anymore, I do blame her for the day she picked. I don't want to get back together.

I guess just realized I dodged a bullet, anyone who would break up with someone on Valentine's day and especially someone who was born on Valentine's day is not someone I want to be in a relationship with.

I hope I never see her face again.

#Theworstvalentinesdayever

#Theworstbirthdayever

1120
Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• That’s so shitty of her.

If something like this happens I divide the days. My dads birthday is Christmas Eve but I grew up knowing it as Dads birthday. And I learnt about the shitness of a holiday birthday young. It was re-affirmed my a friend (trust me, this is true. Even the police, who arrested my friend held him in custody until his parents confirmed it didn’t believe it...). My friend is called Will Smith. And he’s born on Christmas Day. Yup you read that.

I’d never celebrate valentines and my boyfriends birthday the same day.

I hope she burns in hell. She was a coward. She was inconsiderate, she was selfish, she was manipulative. Be glad she’s gone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well. that certainly blows!

Why did she date you for 10 months and the say that she wasn't ready for a relationship? That is almost always a convenient excuse and not the real reason. If she really wasn't ready for a relationship, she knew that far in advance of Valentine's Day.

Why did she invite you to a family gathering and then break up with you? What nonsense!

She didn't tell you to your face because her excuse was a lie.

Why didn't she tell you either before your birthday or afterwards? Being considerate in that was is just common decency.

As you said, you dodged a bullet. Knowing that does not make it feel better. It still blows! We don't understand why she did those things because, if we were in her place, we would have done it differently. That means that she is not like you or me or the millions of other decent men and women who inhabit the planet. She is one of those self-absorbed people who makes very decision on the sole basis of how does this issue affect her.

Yeah, in the long run, you are in a better position breaking up with her, but it would be better still if you had ever dated and gotten your heart tore up. This blows!

The good news is the universal truth: this. . . too. . . shall pass. One day you will have memories that don't automatically evoke sharp and unpleasant feelings. One day, you will have a woman by your side who WANTS to be with you, who LIKES you as you are, and who LOVES you. And, after being with the good woman for some time, you will look back and realize that this experience helped you to become a better man. I'm not saying that you need to go find her and thank her at that point, but you will realize that this experience was not a total waste of your time.

That is the flow of life!

Valentines Day

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 10

• I'm very sorry for what happened. Having your heart broken is terrible. No matter how it happens. You literaly hear the "crack" and that pain in your chest. You sound like you've moved on. And that's the only thing we can do with the terrible things that happen to us. Move on. I'm sure, one day, you'll find someone special to give your heart and that person will treasure it and won't toss it away.

• God, this is a horrible story, I'm so sorry this happened to you! I think you have the right attitude, you wouldn't want to be with someone who could treat anyone this badly let alone a partner :(

• You certainly did dodge a bullet.
    What an awful way to end a relationship... sending a Valentine's day card to say it's over. That's so mean.

• That sucks, and it's true that she couldn't have picked a worse day to do it on. But if anything that just really showed you what kind of person she is. Try to not focus so much on the negatives; the fact that she did it on your birthday/V-day, that she did it through a card, that she didn't even really get you anything etc. Focus more on the positives; that even though she did all those things to you, at least she didn't drag it out for years. At least now you know who she really is. Now you've gotten the opportunity to find someone who is right for you. Someone who will actually celebrate YOU on your birthday. If you focus on these things, the bitterness and resentment will fade.

• At least she ended it after 10 months and not years down the line. You dodged a bullet.

• What a bitch breaking up with you on your birthday like that! Good riddens to her.

• As you say, you dodged a bullet.

• That’s harsh. You dodged a bullet though.

• Oh damn, that's harsh.

• She’s so disrespectful

What Guys Said 19

• Forgive me for laughing but that was just a funny ass story. doesn't mean i don't see the reality of it, but what makes me laugh is the fact that you are surprised.
    I've told guys on numerous occasions..."Beware Women"... They know how to lure you into a false sense of security, then fucking strike. NEVER put your guard down. Oh, they'll ask you to:
    "I want you to be honest with me"
    "You don't show me that you love me"
    "You don't do anything nice for me"
    And one day you break, and are fucking honest for once and she tosses you because she didn't like what you said lol

Im sorry this shit happened to you man, fuck val's day but on your birthday too... just take it as a lesson learned.
    My mom is a woman... she fucked up my GOLDEN birthday. Turning 21 on the 21st... and she takes me and my siblings out to go eat... at an italian restaurant (i hate pasta), in the afternoon (not evening), and refused to buy me a drink, I had to buy my first legal drink. Nothing else after that, matter of fact, i think she found something to yell at me for.

See, when i say beware women, its not just the ones you meet lol

• If that was your very first relationship, then it's more than likely to not last, or last long all the way into marriage, etc. Just let it go, it happened, it's over. The way I see it, almost all the time, those first time relationships will end sooner or later and that they were really nothing more than a learning experience type of thing, but if you invest too much heart, time, effort, emotions, attachments, and then when things all go to shit and it doesn't turn out right, you're gonna become very disappointed, let down and upset about it. Odds are it takes about three times, about three long term seriously committed relationships minimum, to get it right, and even the second and third times can be learning experiences as well. But that's only if you're still up for trying again and continue taking additional risks, and you'd have to let go of the past first before trying again or it's only going to make things impossible and very difficult.

This relationship you told us about, it was just simply never meant to be, because she wasn't fully into the relationship as much as you had been. I get that it's a real pain in the ass when it takes them forever to tell you that they had second thoughts and would rather go do their own thing and not talk to you or see you again just because they aren't fully up for a relationship.

Look on the bright side @Waffles731. At least she didn't ditch you and ghost you completely leaving you hanging and wondering why she'd never even bother to tell you goodbye, we're done.

The way it ended is indeed shitty. She just didn't have what it took to break up in person and tell it to your face personally that it's over and worst of all she had picked the WORST FUCKING TIME to tell you that it's over between the two of you.

• cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...4-a352-dd2cee1c3695.jpg
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...5-bf4e-b637e7ed2980.jpg

Mate... that was quite shocking.
    Out of all days it had to be 1. Valentines day and 2. Your birthday and 3. Your birthday "present".
    I mean what could be even worse than this exact date?
    Dude... I do feel ya!
    At least you dodged a hollow point bullet
    https://i.imgur.com/BXeE4pM.gif
    She was really terrible. At least you can chin up, that it ended right there and then and saw her true nature. It's a good thing, that you don't even want to see her face again. I don't blame you. In fact if I were you I would even go as far as block her everywhere and get over it.
    But know, that there are many more good ladies out there and this one experience shall not deceive you into bitterness and MGTOW. It was really her loss.

Best of luck my bro! ✊

• Ouch. That's all I can say about what you endured.

You got dumped on Valentine's Day AND your birthday. I don't know how to describe just how wrong this is.

I hope you're feeling better two years later, and ready to start fresh on another relationship.

• Take this as a life lesson, you are going to have more of them. You have to remember that not all woman are the same, so don't treat them all the same. You got a bad break, could have been worst, but it's not you have your life, your health, and you are not in a bad relationship. Cheer up, and get back out there. Good luck to you.

• Damn that sucks, man. =/ I'm sorry that you gave 10 months of your life for her. But at least it wasn't longer than that, which does happen to some men. You dodged -- an arrow. xD

• damn that is fucked up. to give you a card on your birthday/valentine's telling you she is breaking up

i know that was rough but i'd say good riddance to a person who could be so callous

• Dodged a bullet? Sure. Maybe. But, you can't get out of your OWN way now, it seems. You're still reallllly angry after 2 full years. So, she's winning because you're still in pain. You don't truly believe you're glad she's gone, you're just saying the words. How do I know this? Because you created this post. Let her go along with your anger.

• The worst Valentine's Day I've had was the last time I had to celebrate Valentine's Day. Because it's a stupid holiday that should be stopped.

• That's not the reason why you dodged a bullet, you can break up with anyone any
    day.
    The real reason she wasn't worthy your time is because she did it with a card.

• That bitch was cold. Picking Valentine's day is one thing but your birthday too. ...365 days in a year and she chose to pick that one.

• Man, that sucks, especially on your birthday. You dodged a bullet.

• aww i'm sorry that happened to u bro. that was one dumb bitch. she dont deserve much thought.

• you need to find someone with more brain cells next time..

• I'm sorry but you're better of without her

• I know that now, it didn't help my mental health at the time though

• Yeah I know it's hard when you have feelings for someone but I'm glad you can at least look and realize it now

• sorry to hear about that man, shit happens

• that sucks ass sorry

• Wow that's so messed up of her to do. I wouldn't get back with her even if she paid me in that situation.

• Wow I don't disagree for a second that your ex was complete piece of shit for doing that to you. I can understand why this still bothers you.

I can tell you that there were probably some negative signs and red flags she was giving you during the relationship. However since you were in love and young you didn't see them. Emotions can make the strongest guys weak and naive. I know because I've been one.

If it makes you feel any better my last ex completely ghosted me with no warning about 9 months of dating. She blocked me on all social media and not once, ever responded to any of my texts or phone calls. I did run into her at fitness gym and she didn't even say my name. I told her what she did was shitty and if she wanted to break up she should have talked to me, then I walked away.

But I wasn't that hurt over that. Sad and frustrated, but not hurt or that depressed. Why? Because I had myself mentally prepared for the possibility of her doing that (she was 21). I also have become wiser and more callus over the years from other mishaps.

A few years ago I got even a better bday gift then you did, a fucking incurable STD on my birthday (non life threatening). This happened a few weeks after my ex dumped me from a one year relationship. I decided to tell her about it a few weeks later because I was concerned about her health. Her response was "oh thank God, I'm vaccinated... as for you're an ex so tough luck!".

So after that emotional hell on earth I realized women are capable of anything. You are not alone with these problems. But you will learn from them and won't let your guard down next time.

Valentines Day