Do Women Care About Height?

Do Women Care About Height?

Every other day on GaG, a guy will ask, "should my height matter?" "Can I date a girl taller than me?" "I'm short, will I ever be able to date?" "Why is height so important to girls?" Oh man, it just goes on and on and on. Height does matter...in the sense that so does everything else about you when it comes to someone choosing whether to date you or not date you.

Do Women Care About Height?

Yeah, I know, but isn't that so superficial? YES! When you don't know anything about another person, everything you like about them is superficial and based on assumptions. You can't know a thing about a person until you actually talk to them and get to know the real them, which of course presents a problem if a girl thinks your height is something they simply do not prefer...and it is a preference like beard or no beard, or blue eyes or brown, or muscles or no big muscles. It's ridiculous how some people in the dating game think that looks should play no part in the process. Do you not have eyes? Do you not find certain things more attractive to you than others? It's a basic tenet of being a human being.

Looks are how we've always since the dawn of mankind, started the process of becoming involved with someone. When we see something we like, we're encouraged to make the effort to know more so it stands to reason that what we see should appeal to us.

Guys...girls....we are all superficial to some degree whether it's your height, or your boob size, or your weight, or your hair. We want what we want and we like what we like; the trick is to find someone who likes what you've got going on.

And don't for a minute start in on how life is so unfair or unfair to you and how women should change their attitudes as if guys don't also have preferences in what they personally want in a woman. Life is unfair to everyone! Get over it! I'm a tall woman who finds it difficult to date sometimes due to her height. Do I feel it sucks from time to time, have I been bullied and teased because of my height, hell yeah, of course, but rather than blame the world for it or feel sorry for myself, I just embrace it, and if you don't want to date me because of my height, than why, no matter how great you might be, would I want to date someone who doesn't like all of me?

Do Women Care About Height?

Do a lot of women "prefer" a taller guy, yes. You didn't need to read a drop of this to know that about the world, but that isn't all women. Some don't care as long as you appeal to them for whatever reason. If you are a short guy, can you date, yes you can. Get out of the pity party mode, if that's your modus operandi, and go out there and go after what you want. It might not be easy, it might suck a lot of the time, but no matter what you think is holding you back from landing the one, you aren't going to find what you're looking for locked in your room all day crying about it. Also, height is not going to change and the world is not going to change what's going on to suit you. It is what it is, so embrace what you've got and work with it.

1022

Most Helpful Guy

• I think height preferences are prefectly fine on 2 conditions.

1. The girl isn't rude when rejecting men who fail to meet her height requirement.

and

2. The same girl who has a height requirement does not feeak out if a man has a requirement based on her weight or number of past sexual partners, which are in a way less shallow since you actually had some control over those factors.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most women care about height. A lot of my girl friends outright *demand* that a potential partner is taller than them.

• Taller then them? How tall? So if one of your friends is 5'5 and the guy is 5'7 would she date?

• @singlebee yes. They didn't go into any specifics, but they just won't date anyone who is shorter than them.

• That's understandable

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 21

• I'm cool with height being a dealbreaker for women. After all, I'm 6'3".

However, they should then be okay with weight being a dealbreaker for men. They rarely are. Plus women themselves ALSO care about weight on men.

You can also change your weight. Guys are stuck with whatever height the genetic lottery threw out there.

• Lmao that'll never happen good luck asking a question or giving a mytake saying why weight is a deal breaker when it comes to dating, all hell will break loose, you'll hear terms like sexist, misogynist, or a fat shamer.

• Of course women care about height, what a stupid question. Next midget you meet ask him about how many women he's fucked (dates to get free food with only a kiss in return don't count) in the past 5 years. Most women that I'm even remotely attracted to want a guy at least the same height as them, if not 4-6 inches taller. Probably 1/4 I see on any given Saturday in a club or bar want 6' or taller, even if they are only 4'10" (no, I'm not exaggerating).

• Oh yeaa nice take... we are all entitled to our preferences... you know..

Even us guys want a girl with atlest some boobs to grab with a nice ass for me... and I nice figure for me LOL.. That's the physical part... physically its not necessarily to have those qualities on perfect level but close to it Lol

Mentality I like the cute types... and not the arrogant, bitch types...

• Ironically, your picture with the two T-shirt guys proves height doesn't matter that much - In fact the dude on the left actually looks in better proportion. Most women just want a guy taller than them, and most men are taller than women anyway.

• Yes, women do care about height. No, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but every time a woman asks me how tall I am, I'm going to ask her how much she weighs. We all have our preferences and mine are no more or less valid than hers.

• They not only prefer taller men, they exclude short ones. Then the magazine articles, blog posts, and other conversations lead them to believe that short people are undesirable. It's social conditioning at it's finest.

• i am 5 foot 10 and it is average in my country. there's women who are 5 foot 8 who wear 6 inch high heels and appear taller than men. i dont care what women prefer. its no use to care about what the opposite sex prefers, you can't influence it.

• ur right, whats attractive to each gender isn't exactly politically correct and it shouldn't be. if guys want a girl to be pretty girls can be picky about height

• It's important so much.. my sis always saying that about a guys on TV or at her college and.. and..
    My opinion: the guy should be heighter than the girl who is her wife or.. and or..

• They do until I come into the picture. Then again I'm the exception and not the rule.

Speaking in general, yeah they do, I hear it all the time.

• 6 ft 3 but can't get none

• You know im short af, 5'2" but i do really well. Better than any man of my IQ, appearance and intellect should. i honestly didn't realize i was short till like last year or more accurately HOW short. I mean i knew i was SHORTER. i didn't understand that it was undesirable in dating, career, social settings. It hasn't ever held me back. Hear a lot of dudes bitchin about 5'6"...
    Im starting to realize the repercussions of being short.
    I personally dont judge based on what people can't fix on their own, examples:
    Height can't be changed naturally.
    But weight can be fixed,
    Stupid can't be fixed but the dumb can educate themselves.
    If you do the best with what you are that is attractive.

• I married a woman taller than me

• If you want to understand.

Go on plenty of fish make a male account with a boy next door looking guy for your picture. Write a profile that just about any girl would fall for But then make his height 5'6 or 5'7. You'll see why guys are so insecure about it.

I'm 6'3 and I know if I wasn't tall I'd have been fucked in life.

• after the crash, height isn't going to matter much to women compared to stability

• It's not like being tall automatically gets you laid anyway. There are plenty of tall guys who don't get chicks. Being short isn't that bad. My shortest friend is about 5'4" and is the most successful guy with women I know.

• So glad I'm 6'4". sucks to be you short guys.

• Wow--you sound kinda pissed off! lol!

• I'm sure it's not that difficult to find someone because of your height.

• Usually big city career women types do. Being a 6ft tall successful 30 year old male in new York is like having a Dick made of solid gold. You can pick and choose even the most feminist women and treat them like crazy because they outnumber you 4-1.

• Damn, not like that here in Man Diego.

• But the weather's so nice...

• @zagor Newyork pussy is too and so easy as long as you make them think you might one day want to marry them you can use and abuse.

What Girls Said 9

• It's just nicer to cuddle someone who's larger. I don't know why, but it just does. Hugging a shorter guy feels like hugging one of my girl friends. It just doesn't feel right.

• What's your Height? And what if a guy is your height?

• So would you date me cause my height is 5'7 And you are 5'4?

• what about equal height? I just want a partner that I feel like we're both equal :(

• I am 5'2" and my boyfriend is 6'2"... I just like big guys. But it isn't a deal breaker.

• I mean really, how many guys do you know who are 5'1 that would actually make it a possibility for you to be dating a shorter man? It's easy for you to say, oh, it's not a problem because it basically doesn't exist. Now me on the other hand, real possibility and actuality being as tall as I am.

• So say for example your guy was 5'7 then?

• @singlebee I would have made up my mind before I made him my boyfriend. I was married to a man who was 5'7" for 22 years,

• I agree.. I actually don't go for tall men. I like men who are my height (5'4) which is I guess considered being short to sim e guys and girls.

• Honestly yes but if a guy is attractive I'll give it a shot.

• I'm pretty picky so I would say yes. Its just nice having someone larger than you !

• Nope, I don't care if the guy is shorter than me.

• You are right

• It really does matter
    Short guys can't atrract me
    But it's just my case. I don't care if he is bald or have one leg. But just height matters to me

• I don't care about height at all.

• A guy who is shorter than you doesn't turn you off?

• @Kirah I agree with you

• nice! I really like tall girls! :) I'm 5'10" but tall girls are really awesome.