Short Men: An Appreciation Post

Short men: An Appreciation Post

Unfortunately in this day and age, most women are still adamant that they desire a mate that is taller than them. I am not one of those women. I can appreciate and love a man who may be my height or even shorter than me (I’m 5ft 7 by the way).

So here’s a list of awesome reasons to date a shorter guy and I’ll finish it off with my own list of celeb crushes that are way south of 6ft.

1. There may be less competition.

Yes this may seem like kind of an awful thing to say but hear me out. Shorter men may get less attention from women in pubs, clubs, parties and other venues. Women aren’t always tripping up over themselves to chase the shorter guy and that means I can swoop in on that hottie and know I can usually have his full attention. Their loss is certainly my gain.

Short Men: An Appreciation Post

2. Hugs/kisses are perfect height!

When a guy is tall, I feel like I’m always reaching up or getting on my tip toes to kiss him or hug him. What’s wrong with just being able to kiss your man without having to stand on a yellow pages first? I don’t wanna crane my neck every two minutes just to look at my man’s face!

Short Men: An Appreciation Post

3. He’ll go the extra mile in the bedroom…

Speaking from experience…shorter men seem to have this thing about them where they’re absolutely bomb in bed. I suspect this has something to do with feeling like they have to make up for the fact their short (they don’t but damn it is appreciated!). They seem enthusiastic and fun and willing to try new things and I love it.

Short Men: An Appreciation Post

4. Sex standing up is way, way easier.

Yes. No explanation needed really?

Short Men: An Appreciation Post

5. He can make you look taller and therefore slimmer.

Always a plus.

Short Men: An Appreciation Post

6. Once he ditches the Napoleon complex, his confidence will rock you.

Nothing is more attractive than a confident man. A man who’s realized he doesn’t need a few extra inches (anywhere…) to make you happy, is a man who is ready to rock your world. He may be funny as hell, talented, whip smart and great in the bedroom and if he knows that and he’s comfortable with who he is, then he has no reason to worry and that confidence will really blow your mind.

Short Men: An Appreciation Post

Now when it comes to celebrities – I know what you’re going to say. They’re rich; they’re talented, better looking than the average man….etc. but I can’t exactly use examples of men I know in my own life, so just use this as a guide to show you these men have fan girls, so why can’t you?

Short Men: An Appreciation Post

Usher

Height: 5′ 7″

Not only does he support 15 charities and 18 organizations, so you know he’s a nice guy, he's talented as hell and…just look at him.

Short Men: An Appreciation Post

Peter Dinklage

Height: 4′ 5″

Dimples. Dimples. Dimples. And he can act. And have you seen his eyes?

Short Men: An Appreciation Post

Kit Harington

Height: 5′ 8″

Body is Game of Honed. Who would say no to Jon Snow saving us from the White Walkers? He may know nothing but at least he looks good!

Short Men: An Appreciation Post

Martin Freeman:

Height: 5′ 6″

Much loved British National treasure, Sherlock’s side kick is cute as hell.

Short Men: An Appreciation Post

Reece Shearsmith:

Height: 5′ 7″

Devastatingly dark and witty, Shearsmith is a gifted comedian for those who aren’t faint of heart.

Who are your favourite shorter celebs? Would you date a shorter guy? Why/Why not? Thanks for reading!

1133

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a short guy myself and never had a problem with it. In fact, it always worked perfectly for me in many ways. I never had a clue some guys were actually insecure about it until I joined GaG.

However, I must say something. I see a lot of people here shaming women who are only attractted to tall guys. Saying they are shallow. It's NOT SHALLOW TO ONLY WANT TALL GUYS. Same way it's not shallow to only want big penis, big boobs, nice body or anything. When it comes to sexual/romantic attraction, there is no such things as being shallow. It's all about preference. No one has the right to be someone's preference.

• "I never had a clue some guys were actually insecure about it until I joined GaG. "

Same here. Guys here are insecure in general about several things. Height, penis size, looks, money. They blame all the things that they can't control, and ignore the things they can control, which is almost certainly the problem.

• I blame my fate for that

• @manletboy Man, you gotta stop believing those stupid internet forums like "the red pill" and dumb crap like that. Even GaG is not a good influence to be honest. It's just stuff made up by self-pity minds that blame others by their own lack of will and discipline. It's not only uscientific but also in complete disconnection with the real world.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want to put a real range on it, but I tend to appreciate a shorter man as well. There is less competition for the most part, and I hate feeling like someone's "kid sister" rather than their equal, so it does help to only have a few inches in separation rather than more than a foot. Plus, shorter men tend to be more handsome in the face. A lot of tall guys are only attractive BECAUSE they are tall, and shorter men do tend to look more handsome.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 32

• Nice myTake. I'm tall and there is nothing particularly special about it. It doesn't buy you any particular advantage, despite what people might think. You still have to work like anyone else to get what you want.

• I like tall guys too! All of the men in my family are tall so I appreciate height. Just fancied doing a take on something that people don't seem to go for. I love short guys but everyone on gag seems to want a tall man!

• Great take. I think my height being 5'11 is perfect since it's not tall and it's not short either. So... What's the shortest guy you've ever dated? I've actually dated a 6 ft girl before, but of course the relationship didn't really last that long like 2 months only. The shortest is 5'1 or 5'2 since it's kinda rare to find short people here in Germany, at least the part where I live

• I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading :) I've dated someone who was 5ft 5 once.

• My husband (who is within 1/4 to 1/2 inch of yr height) is almost 3 inches shorter than me.
      We've been married for over 16 years.

In that time, exactly 0 people have ever so much as given us the slightest funny look -- let alone actually **talk** shit.

They KNOW who is the leader here. And it ain't me.

• @redeyemindtricks Ah so you're almost 6'2 then if he's within my height. Could be a location thing also. Did you ever think of that? Not many short people here in Germany, at least not where I live any how in Nuremberg, Germany. I didn't let the height difference bother me, well not really, but it did bother her in the long run. I don't know... everyone is different I guess. Congrats on your 16 years of marriage by the way and I also heard that you make quarter a million a year and living the American dream. Good for you :)

• Good take.

I wouldn't know how it feels being short, thats the one area i wad blessed genetically.

As a man, i can't understand why height is even a big deal, i see a lot of men shorter than me, that look a lot better than me (and some of them do get more attention than i would) but some people dont take them very serious. I even know some men that look down on shorter men, whoch i find stupid because why would a guy even care about another guys looks

• Great MyTake, but it seems like only WOMEN, not girls, feel this way. Once you get a certain age people realize looks don't matter that much. I just wish girls under 25 thought that way. I can't complain too much though, I think a girl I work with might like me, and she's a couple inches taller (I'm 5'7ish) than me. Makes me feel good lol

• This is unfortunately true yes. Girls are fickle and don't really know what they want until they grow up and realise being shallow is silly and there's a lot of qualities to men that we do like and enjoy :)

• I'm 5-6 and it has NEVER been a problem. It has never been a problem getting girls, or for anything else. It was never a problem in sports. It was never a problem doing construction work. It has never been a problem doing anything whatsoever.

When it comes to girls, sure, a lot of girls like taller guys. But that still leaves millions of girls who are just fine with a shorter guy. Guys who blame their height for not getting girls are just making excuses. If a guy is not getting girls, it is NOT the height, it's something else.

• 👏👏👏 this is the best comment I've seen so far! Rock that confidence dude, it's wesome.

• I know you are but your attitude is just fantastic and I really appreciate seeing your words on this take :)

• Oh, well I have to try to help someone every now and then to make up for the asshole side of me. :P Gotta keep things in balance.

• Thank you for putting the effort into this appreciation post. It's one thing to consciously be into short guys but another thing to make a point of it publicly. It was heartwarming to read. You're a hero.

• I love seeing couples comprising of taller women and shorter men.

• This comment is lovely :D thank you! I'm glad you liked it and thank you for reading!

• Haha so true about kisses and hugs in #2! Neither person needs to hurt the neck or the back to show affection. xD I usually find that an embrace feels extra great when the girl is the same height, or only a few inches different from me. :D

I would not date a shorter guy, though, because I'm not attracted to guys. xD

But as for my favorite shorter male actors to see in movies, Michael J. Fox was one of my favorites from an early age, because of things like "Back to the Future" and "Teen Wolf." xD It was cool and inspirational to see a smaller dude being the hero in a movie, saving the day, getting the girl, etc. :P

I'd also add Jackie Chan, who was one of my action heroes growing up. xD I'm not sure how tall he is though; maybe between 5'7" and 5'9"?

• Being 5'4'' I think you might just be the only one who's realized how convenient it is the to date a short guy :) Thank you. Especially the conveniences of being the same height in the bedroom :P

• Thank you for reading :) I'm glad you enjoyed it! And hells yeah!

• Good point. haha. I guess you are spreading the word :)

• This reminds me, I joined a dating site a while back and I even had a few girls ask if I was really 5' 4''. They completely wrote me off after that.

• I'm 5"11 but i know that a lot of guys who are short have to worry about their height because girls place a lot of value on it. There are girls out there however who are fine with dating a short guy. This is a good take and it can help short guys understand that there are girls out there who would be happy to date them no matter their height.

• I'm about 5'3" and don't seem to be growing much more... so, thank you for this post! Everyone from my friends to family say the the guy MUST be taller than the girl, and I'm sitting there like 😥

• It's cool to see that life isn't a 0 sum game in every aspect, thanks for this.

• Somehow this feels like a slam against tall men with over productive nostril follicles. I'm really hurting over here...

• Thank you for writing this. I"m 5'4" and I would go up to 5'8" as I want to be able to kiss her when I get the feeling to.

• love the mytake, but Im short. and I wish more people thought like that

• don't know I'm 6'1 and that's 2 inches shorter. than I use to be. they removed 4 disks from my lower back. personally, i love short ladies

• These guys aren't event short not counting peter. 5'7 is pretty normal.
    What about those guys who are like 5'2?

• Men 5ft 8 and shorter are considered short. I also couldn't think of any other famous men Peter's height or a bit taller than I genuinely like because this post is genuine... there are shorter hot guys out there, I have yet to find them though.

• @manletboy look it up. That is what's considered short. Society is fucking brutal to everyone. Women have be small and skinny but have fairly large breasts and be a virgin but also be slutty in the befroom and be pretty and not too old. Men are expected to be tall, muscular and rich with a big dick. Society generally is shitty. That's why I wrote this take.

• "25 is still young bro. Guys get more attractive as they age. The opposite is true for girls though lol"

Society is brutal to men... yeah ok.

• I guess not to many guys get aprecheation that are short to bad if there nice

• Especially on gag! All I see is that ladies want tall men. Tall men are nice but eh, all the men in my family are tall so I'm not so fussed about it.

• Thanks, someone needed to look out for the little guy.
    See what I did there?
    Yes I am short :(

• I'm short myself, thanks for this. I'm glad that there are women out there who still like short guys.

• Peter Dinklage is the man. I like his acting and saw him in a few movies and magazines.

• 5'7 and 5'8 aren't short

It's weird I'm 6'1 and had a date with a girl who was 6'2 and it felt awkward tilting me head up to kiss her.

• Yes they are. They are considered short. Anything below 5ft 9 is considered short in England and America.

• As a 5'4 guy I appreciate this a lot 😊😃

• i enjoyed reading, thanks!

• I'm tall but who cares... this is a good take.

• Nicely written

• Women will date a short man over a fat man.

• Lol.

• Kit Harington is about Average Height

• Nope. He's considered short. He's shorter than most of his cast mates.

• and he is a vile human being

• If it wasn't the case it would be listed about. He looks similar to RDJ and he's 5ft 7. I don't know. Anyway. Both are short and so is Kit Harington.

• I'm more like on the 5'6" range but people often think I am 5'8"-5'9" because I'm skinny and I have thick hair. You could say I could cheat with my height and get away with it, but I'm always honest unlike other guys who are under the average male height by wearing elevator shoes and such.

• True but we all have our ways of covering things that we don't like somehow in small ways.

• Just 10 minutes ago, I had a painter come over to give me an estimate on my house. He was 6'3", muscular, with tattoos.

All my female neighbors were looking at him when he was outside.

I'm 5'7". They don't look at me that way.

• I'm sorry. It's the same as men don't pay me attention because I'm not a Victoria's Secret model I guess. Just average.

• Why don't you get hit on?

• I don't know. Must be ugly I guess.

• Show more from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 10

• Amazing MyTake. Literally couldn't agree with this any more than I do. It's SOO true! Shorter guys are completely under-appreciated... @randomprofile lol told ya!!! Here's some more reasons why I don't give a flying f about your height. Every single one applies btw~ and it's not written by me! So others think this too moo -w- just get more confident it's okay.. Luv every inch of ya! ❤️

• Thanks for reading and for the great comment :D love it!

• Haha awe thanks! 😚 This is legit one of my fav mytakes tbh!

• I'm 5'9 1/2, so most guys are shorter than me naturally. I would prefer guys taller than me, though, but purely coz I feel self-conscious about my height and feel like a giant most times.

• The standing sex is bomb with someone around your height. :> shower sex is great too

• With that bomb face, I'd bang Kit Harington even if he was a midget lmfao

• I'm 5'2" so 5'8" is still taller than me, though I usually prefer between 5'10" to around 6'1" or 6'2".. not TOO tall, lol
    While #2 is true, I know a lot of guys who find it really cute when a girl has to look up/reach up when hugging/kissing.
    My guy is 5'10" and I have to be on my tippy toes whenever we hug or kiss, and he loves it when I look up at him like that :)
    To each his/her own, I guess ;)

• Yeah of course lots of guys like that... and this take was not aimed at them. It was aimed at short guys and women who love them. And 6"2 is pretty tall, especially for your height. I mean your free to like what you like and have your preferences but obviously this take wasn't for you :)

• It wasn't but it's still a good read and a very interesting take :)

• Thanks for reading :)

• This reminds me of my OC Jake thats 5"4 and has a crush on a girl named Ursa that's 5"11. 😂

• Lmao to each his own. I prefer tall men, since I'm a tall woman.

• That's not short for me.. if they stand at 5'6 or 5'7.

• 5ft 8 and under is considered short in the western world unfortunately.

• Short guys rule <3

• good take , by the way i don't think 5 7 is short lol

• 5ft 8 and below is considered short by western beauty standards unfortunately. I didn't make the rules! That's just what's said. Thanks for reading :)