How to Find the Right Person for You! #findingtheone

Good things come to those who wait..."

With about 7.5 billion people in the world it's hard to find the right "one". Nowadays it seems as though finding the right fit is like finding a needle in a haystack. Let alone a loyal, decent human being. There are so many good people out there, but they are all pretty much looked over or used and beaten down emotionally leading to trust issues. We've all been there, you are not alone. After years of being treated as though I was an object and if I didn't give them what they wanted I was useless.I found the love of my life. I'm so thankful looking back that I didn't give in. Not only are women being treated like objects, but so are men. I, unfortunately know a family member who constantly uses men for alcohol or money. It has gotten to the point where when I see her I would like to throw up. So here are my tips on finding the right one. How I pulled myself out of crappy relationships and flourished into a beautiful one.

1. The first move

many people believe that men have to make the first move. Women if you see someone interesting you make a move too. This gives you strength in the relationship if one is developed. It proves that we are not too weak to say what we want.

I messaged my future husband a while back and it lead up to us dating and falling madly in love with each other.

2. Stand up for yourself

Meet one who is not over protective, but protective enough where if you don't stick up for yourself he will. Overprotective is not the way too be because it gives women or men the feeling as though they are not strong enough. My man will give me some time to stick up for myself, but if I don't he certainly will have his word with doesn't matter who.

3. Want kids? Be sure that they not only want kids, but would be a great parent.

Going from dating one guy who has a kid, but frankly ignores them to one who doesn't have one (yet ;)) who treats any kid as though they are their own. My little brother is 10 years old. My boyfriend and him have a good bond. There is nothing better than seeing a brother-like friendship between your man and your little brother who means so dearly too you. My brother looks at my man as his older brother and my man looks at my brother as he was his little brother. They get along great! If he or she treats kids very kindly (of course in the non-creeper way). There is definitely a green flag! :)

4. Watch how he or she treats her parents/siblings!

They always say a man who treats his sister and mother with respect will treat you with respect. If you date someone who treats their mom or sister like crap, but you look at it as though, "well he loves me and treats me right". What do you think will happen down the road when you get a little too comfortable? Vice versa with girls and their fathers and brothers.

5. There is no such thing as a good relationship that's NOT loyal!

Once a cheater, always a cheater. Watch them sometimes when you are in a room full of the opposite gender of yours. If they eye up any other men or woman in a dirty way, run. If they explain to you that yes they did cheat once, but it'll "never" happen again! Don't believe it. I know a lot of girls who flirted with taken guys who then broke up with their girlfriend for them. I say to them, "so you don't think they will do the same thing to you once they get bored? or if another woman walked into the room that crossed their eyes? There is no greater feeling than knowing for a fact that they won't cheat on you. With no trust, relationships simply do NOT work! If they have to check your phone all the time...run! They don't trust you enough and it's not fair to either of you if you're cheating or not.

6. When a man walks on the outside of the sidewalk...

When a man switches spots with a woman who is walking on the street he takes the outside, towards the road. When he does this it shows that "hey, if a freak accident would happen I'm taking the fall! I will protect you". I once dated a boy ( i don't consider him a man) he asked me "so when are you going to leave?" I said I had no where to go that night, meaning I had to sleep in my car. He told me okay then go do that then. another time he told me I could walk home....I was the driver and I needed help with something. He was a horrible boyfriend!

7. Men need pampered too...

A man who opens doors, moves things out of the way for you, picks up heavy articles for you and just plainly does things out of his way for you is a keeper! Guys, look for girls who will offer to help or just does it for you without you saying anything. The relationship is a two way street. Men need pampered too! Make him a nice dinner, bake him a delicious dessert. Show him you care and love him! Do something special for his birthday or just a random day for a surprise.

8. Similarities and the differences

Pick someone you have things in common, but you are not exactly the same. Learning new things like learning how to kayak or camp is a nice bonding experience and you may find something you like to do that you didn't know you would enjoy. My boyfriend and I are different in what we like to do, well we were. He taught me archery which I absolutely love and I taught him how to sew which helped him with making things for hunting and more. Remember the more you are with them the more you end up like them. We picked up each others good habits and behaviors by spending endless amount of time together.

9. If you spend a lot of time together and you don't get tired of them...

imagine being married, but hate spending so much time together? what kind of relationship is that? I spend every day with my boyfriend and we can't get enough of each other. We have been together for a long time and you can't separate us. we are glued at the hip! Be with someone you can't stand being without.

10. They tell you, " I love you for you"

Can you say keeper! Marry them! I'm fit and active but put on a few pounds just like everyone else. I would tell him how I hated my figure and his response was priceless. "You haven't gained weight and even if you did I wouldn't love you any less. You could put on a thousand pounds and I'd still love you and find you beautiful". Meet a guy or girl who treats you like that...keep them!

Those are ten simple ways to treat someone, and find the right one for you! Hope you enjoy and find the love of your life!

816

Most Helpful Guy

• Good MyTake. Very well written, you seem like you know what you are talking about. However my confidence in finding the one is low because I haven't been in a relationship with a girl yet.

• Thank you! And don't give up! I almost did then I met the love of my life. It's all about the perfect time. You'll find her when you least expect it

• Well i got a meetme account just bc i knew so many people who did. I never took it seriously. He messaged me we talked for a bit, but i told him that i just wanted to focus on college. One day i saw a post on fb saying anyone want to go out for drinks? I messaged him and said hey! And then we met up in a public place by his house. We met up at dunkin lol. And we fell in love very fast! And possibly starting a family. That was an accident but we are planninf on marriage here in the next year or two:)

• Nice. Honestly I didn't know how to get girls. I'm awful at flirting and the game

Most Helpful Girl

• My girlfriend fits all of these apart from the walking on the outside of the footpath thing. Because she always stands on my right. But we mainly do this so our dominant hand is free. Plus we're both girls, can't distinguish this via gender. It's just whatever the side of the road we're on

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 15

• It's called dating. That's why you date, so you can discern whether they're a match, whether they're worth your investment in time and emotion.
    So date, a LOT, just don't have sex with them all. This way you'll have experience enough to actually be able to make this call. Most will not be a match, so just move on, date more.

• I think the high divorce rate can be explained by people marrying the first Barbie or Ken they date, before knowing their full lersonality.

When you seem to meet an 'interesting person' , take a year or two to know all about the other, at every hour of the day and night, in good and in bad moments.

Try each other out for a long time.

If you still want each other after two years and hangovers and scares and good happy moments together. Then think about marrying.

• a guide sweet!

• The name of the my take and the content doesn't fit together very vell. I'd call it how to know if the person is the right one to settle down with.
    I disagree with some little things but it's fine I'm not into discussing them again rn.
    All in all it was good but no real new information

• #1 is very powerful. A co-worker had asked me out while I wasn't ready or looking for a relationship so I turned her down. I wasn't even thinking about her before, but I tell you that for the next few weeks I couldn't get her out of my head.

It's certainly a way to stand out, and shows a ton of confidence.

• She asked me a total of 3 times within a week... had she spaced that out a bit to allow it to sink in or would have tried just one more time she may have finished conquering me.

• Are you ready now? Maybe ask her this time?

• Almost ready, I'm currently making a major change to my financial plan. Also she's difficult to find. The place we worked at closed down and her number is no longer valid. I'm going to have to do some deep searching.

• I found "the right one" on accident during a hostage situation in a bank. We were both part of the group of hostages and I hit on her when the asshole robbers weren't pointing guns at me.

• This whole post can summarized in two words: you don't.

There is no one person perfect for anyone, just better matches.

• it's hard when i think i found right person for me but she doesn't take me as right for her..."Good things come to those who wait" well if this is true then i'll have probably a long waiting ahead of me

• Yeah, #1 is very good because I am too much of a coward to do the first move. somebody first-move me pls, thanks.

• Thank you

• I would add "learn how to date" in there.

• Thank you

• Exactly! Cannot disagree. But how DARE you mention No. 5 and the phrase "Good things come to those who wait..." after having been in so many relationships? Unless you've changed lol.

• A few good points here and there but it's almost about how good your boyfriend is. It was still nice mytake though

What Girls Said 7

• Good Take :)

• Good tips

• Awesome myTake :)

• there are no "ones". you become the one. you dont find it.

• The relationship won't be solely based on lust.

• exactly! you have to love the person for them, not for what they look like. Looks don't last forever and if someone is with someone who treats them like crap, but they are good looking, it's not worth it.

• Not my type. It's for kida traditional people lol

• i gave up looking for someone

• that's what I did until I found my one unexpectedly. It happens when you least expect it. Plus according to your age range on here you are still so young you will find someone. I just turned 22. You have time :)