Women: You Need To Be More Polarizing

They say that the supply will always meet the demand, but what if the supplier wants a certain type of clientele? Walmart makes more money than Cartier, but one is seen as much "higher" which likely pleases its owners. Enough ambiguous talk...what am I really trying to say?

Guys seem to put little thought when it comes to what it will be like to be in a long term relationship compared to how much value they put into the initial interaction. As such, a lot of guys want something like this:

Women: You Need To Be More Polarizing

Now, let's put aside the fact that girls that look like this don't necessarily have any of the qualities that make them ideal in a relationship. We guys are animals and changing to looking for personality traits over physical traits will take a very long time.

Let's instead focus on what this "demand" puts on the suppliers. And, before we continue, lets also realize that its not just guys that put this pressure on women to look as above image, but also society and women themselves who make this not only the gold standard but the ONLY standard that's really considered "perfect."

Because this is the only "ideal" woman then 95% try to look like this:

Women: You Need To Be More Polarizing

Now, I know what you're thinking. I'm saying the problem is that most women can achieve the above image. WRONG, many women can in fact achieve something similar to above image. They only need a good gym, a good salon, a good makeup store, and a basic understanding of popular fashion. Oh, and just ok genetics (not born into the obesity epidemic which is still a very small amount of people.) Oh, and a basic understanding of how to "excude" sexy with posture and vocal tonality maybe.

The problem is not that women can't look like kate upton, it's that they're ALL TRYING TO LOOK LIKE THE SAME PERSON. This again is not just for the benefit of guys. Women "look good" to fit in and win respect from their peers.

But the problem isn't even that there is no diversity. That would make sense right? Wrong! The problem is that...

There's no way of drawing the right kind of people to you when you're adopting someone else's image.

Women need to be more polarizing because it will attract different kinds of men...and they can tailor this to attract the type they want. They can also be actually different and self confident instead of just saying they are but then dressing like every magazine cover they see.

As men, when a woman is interested in us we can be pretty sure she sees us for us. But can women say the same thing? They excude kate upton and wonder why we want the fantasy of kate upton and not them.

Does this mean women will be more attractive to men in general? No, quite the opposite. Women will probably have comparatively fewer suitors, but the suitors they do have will be really interested in them for them. And isn't that a better future for everyone?

"Just met her, already feel like I know the real her"

Women: You Need To Be More PolarizingWomen: You Need To Be More PolarizingWomen: You Need To Be More Polarizing

Women: You Need To Be More Polarizing

Women: You Need To Be More Polarizing

Women: You Need To Be More PolarizingWomen: You Need To Be More Polarizing

1113
pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• Good insight. I would say that there are a lack of interesting women. I would advise them to find something that is unique to them that they enjoy. I model with a snake around my neck in my profile pic here, and I dance with a flaming hula hoop around my body. Men are crazy for stuff like this.

• yes, and the guys who private message you on here just as an example probably are interested in getting to know you for you because they saw what you were about beforehand and wanted to talk to you compared the girls who just try to throw up some angled black and white sexy photo where all you can tell for sure is that she's probably thin and has an ass lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 62 years old and have dated at east a hundred women, been in love six times, been married and divorced. I have a fair amount of experience with women.

I have never had the opinion that all women were trying to project the same image or look like the same. Of course, there are always people who let the media/entertainment complex determine their ideals. Lots of young girls read fashion magazines and they want the same haircut, they want to wear the same brand of jeans, etc. But that affects guys, also. How many young guys think you aren't a man unless you drive a pickup truck and wear camo clothes, or ride a 10-speed in some overpriced Spandex garb? The problem is not unique to women.

It is a problem of SOME young people who are trying to establish an identity, they lack self-confidence, and so they look to others to guide them and they glom onto the latest trends.

Older people have their identity established and they don't really give a flying fuck about what's popular in Hollywood or New York. I have met many women in their 40's, 50's, and 60's and their attitude is "this is what I am; take it or leave it." And there are some young people who have the same confidence to create their identity for themselves.

• Well, ideally a 20 year old girl would have the confidence of a much older woman. This is to help get her to that mental place.

• because doubting yourself intensely is a terrible fate

• Yes, it is, but for many, self-confidence is constructed from experiences and life lessons that only happen with the passage of time. I am very confident of myself now and I have been for many years but I was not when I was younger.

You are talking about "wouldn't it be great if. . ." and I am talking about the way life really unfolds. Actually, self-confidence is one of those compensating rewards that you get for being older, so maybe this is all part of the master plan!

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, of course. Athletes and paramedics/emergency response workers are only playing sports or saving lives to find boyfriends.

media.giphy.com/media/vV0arHQScnxMk/giphy.gif

• lol what i'm saying is that those women might not be some guys type. like the girl with abs. and if you think about whats sexy to a lot of guys its not the type of body that makes you good at sports. but instead of trying to look like that type jsut look like your type and you'll meet the right one. stop being cynical

• @DrJo3 doll, I am not reading that novel.

If you want to find interesting women, be an interesting man. It takes more than a Hitler Youth haircut and a backwards snapback to be interesting.

• Ignorance is bliss Kate Upton 👍

• yea I lean to the sporty type in 2nd and 6th pic
    not everyone is into an athletic/fit body type with low fat %
    in other words, lesser curves and more muscle tone.
    and also you have the character, since a lot of sporty girls are seen more masculine.

• Good thing I don't want to look like her, haha! :) I like myself enough to not change. Sure, I do my hair in the morning and dress nice, but not to look like someone else.

I think women have figured it out tho, because everyone I see has different styles and looks. At least where I live. I see people with all sorts of hairstyles, clothing, personalities & hobbies. And they aren't afraid to show it. :)

• you look like most sorority and ex-sorority girls i know!

• Can I ask you what that means? Haha, I am Norwegian and we don't have sororities here! :)

• You know what, I don't fucking care.

There are over the billion men in the world. I'm going to end up with only one. Of course, I have to choose him wisely.

I honestly didn't understand the point of this myTake, sorry.

• that's cool! I never write with the intention of being understood by the weak, undeveloped mind of a sixteen year old. If a sixteen year old happens to be smart then I'm happy they get it! But as in your case I don't expect anything from you...

• Just to prove my points even more? Someone having different ideas than you doesn't make him or her stupid. Not only are you stupid but you are also very rude and arrogant. I tried being nice, but you don't deserve that.

• @pavlove Well, insulting her because of her age is a strawman argument and is kinda dumb, so...

• there are plenty of guys who reject attractive women bc they dont click. and 95% of women dont try to look like kate upton. just those who dk who they are. same applies to men. and plenty of women dk they dont actually like the guy for himself until down the line. attraction affects all humans, some try consciously to be more discerning but its still tricky. bc we can be prejudiced by looks.

• According to OkCupid data, "the more men disagree about a woman’s looks, the more they like her" and are likely to message her.

theblog.okcupid.com/the-mathematics-of-beauty-51bd25ae9a75

• Yes I've noticed that I attract different types of guys when I switch up my look. It's kinda fun but not always predictable.
    I try to use it as a gauge to see if a guy is really into but to no avail. Some guys like my glam look while others seem to only talk to me when I'm dressed down

• If we were all the same kind of woman life would be so boring. Being polarizing will attract the right guy for you

• Interesting, because being polarizing seems to turn guys off. I've been pondering how to be more dateable.

• I will

What Guys Said 12

• I had a friend that would buy the outfits exactly how they were dressed on the manikin in the GAP. Not only did we call him gay... but we still pulled more vadge dressed like 80's skater punks.

The point of my personal mini-story is to display how fake he was being... material. When I see that in a woman, I still whisper under my breath... that's so gay... and keep walking. Like I imagine a date with her would consist of her expecting me to buy her dinner and entertain her. Which I totally understand there's plenty of hard up dudes out there willing to bore himself to death and dance like a monkey to get that sweet makeup all over his junk... but I think us dudes that could care less about material things... would have a preference for the girls that display more character.

Just look at their pictures, their manner of dress, their uniform so to speak, speaks volumes about personality. Whereas a girl dressed it the standard beauty queen stuff (which has a bathing suit part of the contest) kinda says... I'm really good at being this fake.

• exactly man. and if you guys are his friend group he probably would rather dress like 80s skater punk but doesn't because he thinks it makes him more handsome or something. the gap look is for all American preppy kids who can't afford brooks brothers its a very vanilla style for very vanilla guys and girls

• Good point brotha, definitely made see the world and women from a different perspective. Makes sense why this most recent girl I've met, I ended up really liking. She was her own person and was interested in her own things. She wasn't trying to be someone else, she was just being her.

• I was going to say something constructive, but when I saw the photo of Allison Stokke, I forgot what I wanted to say :P
    Great Take, keep it up 👍

• So your message is that most women are trying to look like saggy garbage (Kate Upton) and your advice is for them to look like top athletes which would take much more effort?

Lmao, I mean I agree.
    But it's very ironic.

• meehhhhh, you;re living under the rock if you still think this is true

• All of the girls in the pictures are very attractive. I didn't see one that wasn't but there are some I'm not attracted to.

• I like the first girl and the 5th girl.

• The girl in the last pic is my fav... damn

• see and most girls would probably be like why are you wearing a boy scouts uniform? guys are going to think you're lez

• Pretty

• "Guys seem to put little thought when it comes to what it will be like to be in a long term relationship compared to how much value they put into the initial interaction."
    Getting things started is extremely important and as you learn about a person you can eject when they demonstrate undesirable qualities. I think this is an entirely reasonable approach.

I don't think guys are *that* into Kate Upton, but whatever.

"We guys are animals and changing to looking for personality traits over physical traits will take a very long time."
    I don't appreciate the use of such language. Speak for yourself. In my experience the guys around me realise as they start trying to date that an attractive girl quickly becomes very unattractive when she demonstrates toxic character, not just toxic but any character that is unattractive to them.

"realize that its not just guys that put this pressure on women"
    ... It's not even mostly men.

You just showed us a bunch of different flavors of attractive girls after telling us that girls are trying to look the same. I really don't think they are. This hasn't been my experience. I do think guys appreciate diversity of look and character and there aren't many girls denying their idiosyncrasies to meet guys. I think the gender reverse is more the case.

• The second to last woman is really sexy, and the scar on her face adds to her beauty.

• That was pretty insightful. I use to have a thing for the Kate Upton type but then I met my girlfriend and she change my opinion of the ideal woman. Sure she has big breasts and beautiful skin, but that is about all they have in common. My girlfriend is short and is bookish. You are so right on so many levels. good job!