My take on why I think I’m Incel

My take on why I think I’m Incel

My take on why I think I’m Incel

My take on why I think I’m Incel

My take on why I think I’m Incel

I’m 21 years old. I’m from London and I’m an Incel guy. Incel is when someone is involuntarily celibate. My reason for this is because I’ve not had any chance to get close to any girls. #lackofopportunity

I think the main reason as to why I’m like this is because girls simply don’t find me attractive. I’ve never been by a girl face to face that they find me attractive whatsoever which makes me very depressed because everyone tells me that I’ve got this incredible sense of humour and personality but my looks seem to let me down. I’ve tried everything from online dating, approaches, not caring etc and I’ve tried all different kinds of girls styles, personality’s, nationality etc but nothing seems to work. I go to the gym regularly and also study Performing Arts which I love doing so I have to be socialable.

I think that because of me looks girls are immediately turned off and I think until the attitudes of girls change I will remain like this probably forever. #incelstruggles

1119

Most Helpful Girls

• I get what you're saying, but I really hate this term. Plain and simply because it isn't true. Technically, anybody can have sex. You can hire a sex worker, lower your standards, etc. Of course, not everyone wants to do that... which means it's a choice. Making the claim that you are involuntarily celibate puts you in a victim position, which you aren't a victim. People are very much allowed to not want to have sex with you. Also, victimizing yourself just takes away your own personal power and puts you in a state of despair.

I have seen people much "uglier" (I put this in quotes because in my opinion, you aren't ugly) than you get into relationships and have sex. Yes, maybe your looks play a small part but you can do things to change that. As well, you have to consider that it could be a character flaw, the types of people you approach, how you approach, etc.

I would also like to point out that online dating is pretty fucking terrible for anyone's self esteem. It's literally shopping for people, and people get it in their heads that they all deserve premiums.

All-in-all, I hate this term. I hate that people literally form groups around it because it often turns toxic and helps nobody.

• Don't lecture men on this. Just don't. You will never appreciate what it is like to be a straight guy in the dating game. Just the fact that women can make lists for what they want in a partner. Do guys do that? Hell no. They take what they can get. And they hustle damn hard to get it. They build companies, skyscrapers, go to war, whatever it takes to show they are capable and get that woman to mate with them.

So just don't. Just walk away from this one. You will never understand.

• @xctmnt I literally know at least 10 guys off the top of my head that have "rules" for the girls they want. In fact once upon a time I was completely in love with this one guy. All he complained about was how no one wanted him. I offered myself up to him several times. You know why he turned me down? I wasn't up to his "standards". So you are wrong about men "taking" what they can get.

• @whattothink Sure, guys have preferences. But that's different from e. g. making a dating profile that reads like a job add, or just the sheer amount of messages the average woman will receive.

• Incel is such a gross term so it's hard for me not to bias now. But, for one, I don't think it's your appearance, I really don't think that's it. I won't like, I can see it with some guys, but I don't think you're one of them. I won't like, a better haircut would probably help.

First off, it's not a girl's fault if she doesn't like, might not be your fault either, but no one has to have a certain attitude to like you. I mean the whole "I've got this incredible sense of humor and personality", okay, project that, don't just say it. How is that true? And can't just from being nice. What makes you so good?

If you're confident you'll have an overall better experience. It's not an overnight thing, but if you want change you have to focus on yourself and not who wants you.

If you have this, my life sucks, I'll always be this way, girls are mean and will never like me. Don't throw a pity party. All it does is way you down.

Maybe it is girls, but you can't blame all of them, which ones are you going after? How are you going after them?

Don't consider yourself an incel. That just screams "I give up, but I'm still hoping deep down and I'm incredibly angry and bitter about it because I just wanna get fucked already, but I will remain cocky while still maintaining no self-esteem." Never a good luck, don't be one of those dudes, you're better than that. Like most of the population is.

• Well the thing is I’ve trued approaches, online dating and other stuff like that but nothing ever works. So the only way I can explain it is that most girls find me unattractive. And when your in my shoes and had the experiences like I have you tend to give up after a while because you realise that taking it too heart isn’t worth it and I used to be really confident but after a while I stopped when nothing worked

• I don't think that's it

• Well in my experience in flirting and stuff when I’ve been confident, dressed well, done my hair basically looked and felt good I’ve always just been knocked by every girl pretty much I’ve tried it on with and I’ve tried it on with all kinds of girls

Most Helpful Guys

• I hear ya friend. I am a guy who does not pay attention to men's looks, but you do not seem to look bad at all. So, please do not judge yourself so harshly since this could give you a complex. There may be something else going on that you do not realize. Perhaps, like me, when you get to chatting with a girl, maybe you give off an aura of anticipation and nervousness since this is that one opportunity you want to grasp. I know the feeling. I do not think I am bad looking with many compliments on my blue eyes and naturally long eyelashes, but I have not had a date for long long time. I had quite a few dates when I was younger when girls approached me, but now they do not approach me. I have shyness that makes it hard for me to get the conversation started. I have never been married at 54 years old, so I can feel your pain. I have not found the key, but I hope this helps you since my heart bleeds for you feeling down on your looks when you really don't know why they are not staying around. I think women are able to pay attention to auras better than we can.

• I’ve never actually been on a date ever. I’ve asked a few girls but nothing has ever worked out. All girls go for in guys over here is looks and that’s something I certainly don’t have

• >>>continued>>>Extreme views on both sides create problems! I am not saying that you are the following way, but for the general audience, I also wish that every man would be good to their ladies, so they do not end up thinking all men are bad, and most importantly, so they do not get hurt emotionally or physically. Please look up dating advice on YouTube since I found the info helpful. It is a lot of work, and I hope it pays off. Please remember to be confident. That is what people always tell me. Good luck friend, and I wish you best.

• I take care of myself, I go gym and lose weight and have got some muscle since. I'd say I treat girls respectfully and I have my own style and my own way of thinking and like to look different. The only thing I can think off is girls over here (England) all find me hideous

• Bro, you're definitely not unattractive, like honestly you're pretty conventionally attractive. If you want me to be brutally honest, get a better haircut. Not that no women will like your haircut, but playing to probability, it wouldn't hurt to look a little more "cleaned up". The boy-band thing only works for teenagers and rock-stars.

Getting laid is easier than you think really. I don't know how it is in the UK, but here it just takes a bit of finagling to find your niche. Ask out some women who you normally wouldn't be interested in, and you'll approach with more confidence. Just keep asking, and you'll get some practice dating. And just because you start off not being that interested, well... familiarity is actually one of the most attractive qualities you can have.

Relationships are hard, can't give you any advice there as they're all different and I don't know what you're really looking for.

• Mate girls over here are horrible. They all go for the same kind of guy and it’s certainly not me

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 9

• Boy, stop, time out okay. First off you are not an incel, you're a cute dude okay however I would just try to fix up the hair a bit and get a new style. That is the only thing I would change otherwise, you're a cute guy. Just keep trying, give it some time and I'm sure you'll eventually catch a girl.

• I have tried different things with my hair but nothings actually worked. It’s actually funny that most of the girls that have found me to be cute have all be from America. I’m convinced that every girl over here in England thinks I’m unattractive

• @BrittBratt2416
      "you are not an incel, you're a cute dude"
      You are contributing to the stereotype that incels are horrible cave dweller Gollam-like creatures who cuss at women from the distance. They are not. They are unfortunate dudes, like he is. Or like myself. Guys who simply didn't have many opportunities, and aren't as attractive.
      It is estimated that historically about 30% of male humans have passed their genes and had children. That roughly correlated to the amount of virgins or quasi-virgins - that is, guys who might not be virgins, but don't have a healthy sex life. Think about that.

I agree, his hair is horrible, but he looks alright otherwise.

@manni555
      If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? That's a big one for girls. Also, do you work anything, or are you a student?

• @Benedek38 I’m 6 foot and I work part time and I study drama

• I think it's partly ur looks but also expecting 'until the attitude of girls' to change is kinda a sucky way to look at it, but if you're so sure it's looks, then honestly you could probably make yourself look better if you tried better- lots of girls are ugly, but they put on makeup and they look gorgeous.

• Well I do try but nothing works

• It's not your looks. It's something else. Figure it out.

• That’s what I’m trying to do

• you create your own opportunity

• I’ve tried but nothing has worked out ever

• You remind me of Raj from the Big Bang Theory...

• Precisely one of the points I’m trying to make

• And didn't Raj have sex with Penny?

• My sister has a crush on Raj.

And I don't mean she has a crush on Kunal Nayyar. I mean she has a crush on the *character*, Raj.

• Feel the same way. I'm hideous

• You’re probably okay

• Don't worry bout this.

• Well when your 21 and a guy who’s a virgin it’s a bit worrying

• @Dchrls78104 Ya, when you get 40 years old and above like us, you start thinking about living the rest of your life alone, and that certainly adds to the depression of not having one there at that time. I wish you the best too brother! May both our paths find the ladies of our dreams.

• @RichiezLion I hope so too. I'm a virgin.

• NO. We have told you Time and time again that you’re attractive and the only thing holding you back is the haircut. That’s it. Just cut your bangs. And you know what you said? “No. I don’t wanna change my hair. I’ll fix anything else but the one thing that is holding me back”. For this you are VOLCEL

• Well actually I have cut it. I’ve also styled it in different ways but nothing really I like

• How long did you keep it? Were you still approaching girls regularly?

• Yeah and I had it for like 2 months

• i mean you look alright? i seriously dont think every girl you run into will find you unattractive. the only thing is your haircut but thats it. you are average looking and guess what? many people are average looking its why its called average.

• I used to style it but I stopped

What Guys Said 17

• I did a semi-related take on this
    Looks Aren't Everything... But They're Pretty Close ↗
    I gotta say although you may be justified despair is a very unattractive trait.

• It’s all I feel able this issue tbh I’ve tried being optimistic bur atm I’m struggling to see why I should be so optimistic when I get rejected by every girl I seem to look at

• As a fellow incel, here is my advice.
    Trot into a moderately expensive looking barber shot near you.
    Tell the barber/hair dresser to cut you a hairstye he/she thinks looks good for you.
    Go to a clothes shop, for example, H&M, CCC, KKK for all I care, the point is, into a clothing shop that looks good.
    Approach a cute girl from the customers around. It takes guts, but you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette. Just look out to pick someone who is not totally bonkers.
    Tell her that you are not that great at being fashionable - I don't want to be an ass, but your clothes are not something that girls would drop their panties for, at least on these pictures -, and that you are looking for casual clothes that would look good on you. This is a double whammy.
    For one, chicks LOVE to play dress-up, so they will probably enjoy it, have a good time, and you might even get a chance to get their contacts.
    Secondly, you will have new clothes from a person who has spent her entire life thinking about clothes, so chances are you are probably good.

DISCLAIMER! This WILL cost you money.

It's also important that you do it in this order, because if you do the clothing shop thing with that haircut, they'll think you are "cute", and there is nothing dryer than the pussy of a girl talking to a guy she thinks is just "cute".

After you are done with this, take note of where and what she made you buy. If necessary, get similar clothes.
    Also take a photo of your haircut. Print it, go to a cheaper barber, shot it to them. If they fuck it up, switch barbers.

Last but not least, get a good camera from somewhere - borrow one for all I care -, and take proper photos of yourself. If necessary, find a professional photographer.
    Get photos, upload them to dating site. Well done, your chance as finding dates just increased by magnitudes. Not kidding.

• And I’ve tried all of this...

• That's the other thing. Do you do cardio? Don't do that. Lift wights. It will give you a far better shape.

• Thing is I’ve actually tried so many hairstyles and still gotten rejected left right and centre and now I’m just doing what I like so you may not like it maybe girls don’t but girls don’t like anything I do so what’s the point in changing when nothing I do works? And yes I go gym

• If you feel it's your looks holding you down, perhaps you can do something about it?

I might suggest you try a different hairstyle. Perhaps something shorter, more masculine.

As to chronicthinker's advice, I think she might be onto something that it could be who you are approaching and how you're approaching them.

There is something of resignation in your pics. A sort of passive giving up. I think this might be a factor, too. Perhaps it's time to change that. What do you think?

Also as to chronicthinker's opinion, I don't like quibbling over what is technically a choice. If all one has is a choice between bad and worse, while I suppose that is technically a choice, to me it's not *really* a choice. It certainly isn't a choice to lead to happiness. It is a choice between being sad and being more sad. As to lowering one's standards, it isn't a question of "not everyone wants to do that, " it is a matter of not everyone is *capable* of doing that, since we cannot control who we are or are not attracted to.

@xctmnt
    Well, I am a straight guy and I've been in the dating game. Some of what chronicthinker says is spot on, and much of what you said is wrong. I didn't build a company, nor a skyscraper, nor go to war, and so have about 95% of all the men and I know and they have found love and happiness. I would have replied to you under her thread, but she doesn't seem to engage with people who disagree with her and prefers to exist in an echochamber.

• Of course not. But you probably still worked on raising your social status. Some guys can pull off dating when homeless, but it's not a lot of guys, right? Women primarily compete on looks, men primarily compete on social status. That is why pop stars literally have groupies lining up outside their hotel rooms. That is why Genghis Khan had so many descendants (well, that, and rape).

• That might have been a mistake.

• Tbh I had loads of different styles I tried but when I saw it wasn’t working I just gave up and went back to what I like

• Fix hair; lift weights; eat healthy; practice game. Things like these take time.
    You're not deformed so the only thing making you an incel is a lack of trying to get better.

• That’s everything I’m actually doing

• I’ve got 18% what?

• Bodyfat. Unless you've got really bad body composition you've definitely got some fat around the jaw you could lose.

• I think it's probably because you look and act effeminate.

• You are an incel because you took on the mantle of incel. Sure, looks may be important when looking for a date, but your character is even more important. One of the most important traits is confidence (not arrogance; but confidence). Being confident doesn't mean that you won't feel nervous when approaching a girl, but it means that you have the resolve to step up in spite of being apprehensive.

Second, know that it's normal to be rejected. From what I personally observed, women tend to be more selective than men about who they date, and that's alright! It's just the way of the world. Focus on making yourself better, change your attitude, and you will eventually find a significant other.

• Nah mate. It’s completely different over here for guys. See it’s all about looks in England girls don’t go for personalities

• I hate to break it to ya: It's not that different anywhere else. I'm not saying that everywhere things are the same, but there are certain trends and patterns that you can discern. The reality is that you're better off being single than hitched to an excessively shallow and superficial woman. If the women in England are as awful as you claim, try moving somewhere else. There are many anglophone countries in the world. Move there and do something constructive.

Second, I don't know if you noticed that a lot of women are attracted to to men who are not supermodels. Women focus more on character and status. I'm not saying that looks don't factor at all. They are important, but they are not the only thing, and they are not the most important thing.

My point is: You want a girlfriend? Make yourself more attractive. Become a high-paid professional; hit the gym hard; and go out in the world and attempt to become the Most Interesting Man in the World. If you still don't get laid, then I don't know.

• Let me put it in another way:
      Who would be considered to be more attractive? A guy who volunteers at an animal shelter rescuing lost puppies and kittens stuck in trees, or a guy who is addicted to playing Pokemon Go, all day, every day?

I'm not saying there's anything particularly wrong with playing Pokemon Go. I'm just saying your character weighs more than you think.

I have observed this first-hand: Having a self-defeatist attitude is a huge turnoff for a lot of women. Just look at the responses by a lot of the women here: They think you AT LEAST look alright, so your looks aren't the problem. It's your attitude bro. BUCK UP BUCKAROO!

• You're not unattractive. I would avoid the term 'incel' because a lot of them are extremely misogynistic and think women are objects

• You are not incel, you are volcel. If you lost your fat you could look fine.

• You're hot

• Great myTake

• thematinggrounds. com/

Good luck bro

• Also, if you want some harsh feedback, you have big, feminine lips and big eyes. It looks feminine. On top of that, you have gone with longish hair, which makes you look even more feminine. Try changing your look to be more masculine. Get a buzzcut or just short hair. Grow some (neat) stubble. Do martial arts. Cut back on sugar and grains in your diet. These things should make you more appealing to the ladies.

• Cool, it's better to wear it the way you like it.

• Yeah man it’s my own style. I don’t fit in I stand out. Obviously not so much because I still dress smart and good but the hair at least gives me the edge. And it actually makes me more confident

• Do you lack confidence?

• You look like Justin Biebers dumb brother

• lol boi cut that hair! you need to stop thinking about girls and start focusing on getting money. then the girls around you will see that you're focused and have a goal. I'm not saying girls only want money but they want a dude who is focused on something other than them. really cut that hair and stop focusing on girls.

• That’s what I’m doing but nothings working

• Okayz

• We become what we label ourselves as because it slips into your subconscious.

• Why do you care?

• Well when your 21 and still a virgin it’s a bit worrying

• Virgins are normal everywhere that’s bullshit I have about 3 British friends from college and they seem to have sex a lot it actually seems like British people I’ve met seemed Incel like they aren’t slutty like the girls from my city. Unless the girl is ghetto trash I really doubt she will give a fuck. You are just jumping to that conclusion because you are a virgin there is no country in the world where the women care if there boyfriend was a virgin before them in early 20s unless you are trying to find a one night stand with a ghetto ass sugar mama that has stds and shit. Trust me I’ve never heard a girl talk about that just calling guys virgins as a joke but in reality it’s really not a big deal.

• *seem to NOT have sex a lot” sorry