A Long Distance Relationship from A Long Distance Lover 🙌❤️😄❤️🙌

So Many of You Know I’m in a RollerCoaster of a Relationship, but I wouldn't Place All the Blame on a the Fact That its A Long Distance Relationship. I’m Telling y'all, Its Possible to Make an LDR work.

My Boyfriend and I Live in the Same Country, but Not the Same Time State. Luckily We’re Only An Hour Apart in terms of Time Zones, but in terms of Driving Distance, he's 14 Hours North of Me. I’m Near the Gulf Coast and he's Near the Great Lakes. Its a Huge Gap. But Only 3 hours by Plane.

Its Funny How people (aka Me) Say They Never Wanna Get into an LDR, but Then Do. I Mean I Really Didn’t. He was a Surprise Waiting to Happen. He Came at the Weirdest Time. Like Literally Right After I Said I’d Never try LDR Again. But Nope, I Broke My Word Less Than a Month Later When I Felt I Met the Perfect Match... Him.

He wasn't My First Attempt at LDR as Mentioned Above. I First Gave it a Try in 2013 with Sites Like OMGpop, OkCupid, and MeetMe. I Never wanted to Meet Nor Date Anyone from a Site. But OMG you Meet Some of the Best people Online. On OMGPOP, i Met this Guy Who Lives in FL. We Wouldve Worked Out Had He Not Been a Bit of a Looney lol. But We’re Still Good Friends 5 Years Later. I’m in MS and like 10 hours from Him, so its a bit far.

Speaking of a Bit Far, lol Everytime I Almost Ended up Dating Someone LDR, Neither of Us Had a Car so that Made it Worse. Same Goes for a Guy I met on MeetMe who was in my State like 3 hours North. Most of the Guys on OKcupid were Military Men, so I def didn't Want Someone Who’d Be Constantly Traveling Even Further Away.

So Anyways Back to Before, My boyfriend Came at the Weirdest Time, after this G@G guy and Me Called it Quits. He was in a diff Country but Distance wasn't Even our Prob. There was too Many Secrets. He and I Had Talked 2 Months and Felt like We Loved One Another, but after the Secrets were Revealed, I just didn't wanna Give it a Go again. Then the Seemingly “Perfect” Man Came Along on a College App Called Friendsy... My boyfriend and I gave it One Last Go.

Now I’m not Kidding, If We Dont Make It, I’m Seriously Done with LDR, Although Someone in Alabama Once Crossed my Mind haha. Ok Clearly I’ve Gotten Carried Away and Forgotten what This Take Was Supposed to Be about. Oh Wait Nvm I Remember:

Ways We Make It Work—

1. Communicate:

Talk on the Phone Everyday at Least Once.

We literally Wake up on the Phone like 10am to Talk for an Hour/Two then Talk again on Lunch Breaks then Again at 10pm til we Fall Asleep.

We Sleep Together On the Phone, Snores and All. Ik We Need Space but Not too Much...

The Long Distance “Spaces” Us Enough

2. Budget:

We’re Saving Up to Be Together.

He’s Saving for the Car. I’m Saving for Apartment.

We’ve Been Together for A Year and 3 Months bt Will Try to Be Living Together by Next Summer.

3. Show Support:

We Support One Another When No One Else Will.

Whenever We’re Going At It With Our Fam and Friends, We Immediately Text or Call Eachother Because We Know Its an Emergency and that We’re Eachother’s “Person”.

4. Maintain Attraction:

We Exercise Together (When We Can lol) to Make Sure We both Stay Looking Our Best For Another.

5. Get Comfortable:

We look Good for One Another Bt We Also Don’t Mind Stripping Down to Our Not So Sexy Half

6. Get to Know Eachother:

We Have “Tv Show/Movie Night” a few Nights a Week to Catch Up On Our Shows Together and Attempt to Give Eachothers Interests A Chance

7. Set A Date Night:

We have Skype Dates Either Once a Week or Once a Month- That Includes Eating Dinner Together and then Getting Naughty, Feeding Sexy “Au Naturale” CamS*x Dessert to One Another

8. Be Willing to Travel:

We Try to Visit Eachother Every 6 Months

9. Commit:

He doesn't Flirt with Anyone Else and I Try Not to Flirt with Anyone Else lol

10. Have Faith:

Not Everyone Will Be For This One, But We’re Both Christian, So We Pray Together Every Night (Unless we Tapout from Phone S*x) That God Will Make Our Relationship Stronger and Last Longer

Other Ways You Can Make it Work

1. Make Sure They Live in the Same State/Country/TimeZone

2. Make Sure You’re Able to Move to the Same Place within a Year or Less

3. If Not, Make Sure You’re Able to Visit Once or Twice a Year (Have a car and/or money for a Plane Ticket)

4. Make Sure You Pursue Similar Interests. It Makes things Easier

5. Make Sure You Come into the Relationship Open/Honest and Not Pretending to Be Someone Else... Hoping You Can “Be Yourself” Once you're Months Into the relationship

6. Make Sure to Build Trust and Commit

7. Mirror One Another and Try to Do the Same Things at the Same Time to Feel Like you're Together

8. Send Eachother Something By Mail, Be it a Gift or a Love Letter

9. Make Sure You think Positively and Try to Forget the Distance

10. Distract Yourself If You Have to Until Your Partner is Available Emotionally, Physically, Totally. Songs like these dont always help...

#FeelFreeToList #LongDistanceRelationships

919
DizzyDesii is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• I love the Take... usually would discredit it... and will still try. but two things stuck out to me...

1-"most people say they never wanna get in an LDR and end up getting in one"... oh that turns out to be... ME. I've been shitting (and still shit) on LDR's for the LONGEST. i mean, the prospects, the faith, the work, with what? a 3% chance of success? and what if out of that 3% it doesn't go the distance? then one (or both) lives have been ruined, i don't care that the successful ones are awesome. the odds are way too big for me.
    BUT as it turns out, lol, i fucking ended up in one, but... i didn't and don't treat it like a regular LDR... i rewrote the dating game (took 6 years), Including LDR, and when i felt my rewrite had at least a 90% chance of making ANY relationship succeed... i chose the one kind i hated the most... and i have to tell you, its a blast. sad part.. she's using my rewrite More than I am... its insane.

2. "He doesn't flirt with anyone and i TRY not to flirt with anyone"
    ... hahahahahaha i can SO relate... good thing my girlfriend knows im a flirt... i'd be on the phone with her AND flirting with someone else... not intense intention-loaded flirt.. just more of a passing thing, but she just laughs.. its nice. I just like how you said he doesn't and you gotta hold back, thats hilarious.

• Lol what do u mean she's using your rewrite

And nahh my boyfriend ain't cool with the flirting stuff

• Lmao thats kinda funny

• i mean... it balances things out... im not some doormat or schmuck she can walk all over and she's not some clingy, attention seeking moron. Every time she gets hers, i get mine. and vice versa.
      Oh and for times when we hit a rut... she doesn't argue with my decisions... had to put that up from the beginning. because im not letting a woman destroy my relationship. and this is already a relationship that I've preached that usually fails... i don't think it needs assistance. but so far... i don't see a road block at all. its nice... but weird to me.
      im actually enjoying it... and her.

• This is so good it's overwhelming! GREAT JOB!!! I need to check out some of those sites!! and great suggestions this is one of the best mytakes I have seen in a long time! I loved the moving pictures and the heart behind it. The music videos were just a awesome bonus!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Very sweet MyTake. We do a lot of what you shared. The distance is almost a non issue due to our flixible schedule and financial security. We can see ea. other 20-30 times a year. Travel to other places together for our mini "honeymoon".
    Neither of us never ever thought of get into one and against it all my adult life. Like you, a surprise, fate that put us together. Accepted it and working on it. An hr. fly, 9 hr. drive. I just drove here 2 days ago and will be here 10 days or so.
    Other challenges in life like any relationships is work, undersatanding, love.
    Wish you the best. Sounds promising.

• Yours sounds promising too :)

• lol... he has broken up with me 2 times now.
      i am at his house atm, but he said we are not dating.
      we have some rough stuff to work through. a challenge

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 17

• That sounds much harder than I’d like it to be lol... like I’d only do long distance if I can relatively easily get to you... or super far is fine too as long as we will be together... I think I’m your situation, I mean instead of working here, I’d just go there and work... or he comes to you

But it’s cool that it works lol... I mean webcam dinner tv dates lol... oh what has internet done to us 😛

• We’re LDR while he finishes college. But im going to him once i get my money up

• Next fall? Lol so fast?

• Its not fast. We’ll have been together 2 and a half years by then

• You're really a very intelligent lady when it comes to such things Desi, you manage to make it work even when it's really difficult :D
    And I know you love him :D <3 that's very very clear from all of your questions and takes radiating love!

• I made the same mistake you made. I had a girlfriend in a long distance relationship and after about a year, she started treating me like a yo-yo. I promised myself to not ever get in a long distance relationship again.

• Decent take.. And I agree wit most of it.. Ion know if I would get in one atm but aye.. Lol..

• I feel you

• U used to be in one

• Yeah, true but mines failed miserably, and the other very brief 2 before that, whereas yours is still goin mildly successfully.. It's not to say I wouldn't get in one if the right girl came around, but at the moment.. I'm fine..

• Great take! This actually made me want to try an LDR haha. I hope yours keeps going well! :)

• Thanks for this. My girlfriend and I are in a LDR and I have some difficulties.

• It has a lot of ways it could work im just not really a fan of long distance , i get really impatient

• Very excellent MyTake , thanks a million for sharing it with us. Have a Blessed day :) :)

• love the mytake, Im in one now. sorta. dont know where its going

• Dating, love & relationships are dead af these days. It's just glorified fucking, so what's the point.

• Great take, and good luck.

• That's pretty cute. :)

• I am in one

• good mytake

• good mytake

• I have to much love to give

• ummm what we talking about

What Girls Said 8

• I loved reading this whole mytake! It’s was actually refreshing to read tbh. I have thought about LDRs at one time, but never got into it. Anyways, I love the tips you gave!

• This is really cute. 😊

BUT... I think you and your boyfriend need to try to see each other a little more than once or twice a year.

• We can't afford it. It took a while for us to get hired without popular degrees. So thats all we can do for nowz but we’re tryna move in together next summer

• Seems more like wishful thinking than anything else. Why paddle up stream to catch a fish when you’ve got a barrelfull in your own back yard.

• Because the backyardigans dont always act right. Im not encouraging people to do long distance. Im just showing them its not too diff

• In my experience It’s a lot more work with a lot less reward than a real, up close in-person relationship.

• Damn, guess me and my SO aren't exactly long distance then 😂 nice take!

• That's very interesting. I think Long distance Relationship are cute in general :)

• Good Take, just bad timing personally. But I'm someone that actually believes in LDRs so yeah.

• Great Take, but something caught my eye...
    "Commit. He doesn't flirt, and I TRY not to flirt."
    Wtf?

• Ahh someone saw that. Lol i consider myself faithful but if i see a better option, its hard not to daydream about what life would be like with someone better

• But you’re broadcasting this on a public forum site?

• Because ik i can get advice here and that he doesn't use this site.

• I heard on turkish GAG website lovers