10 Types of Men I Swipe Left on Tinder

10 Types of Men I Swipe Left on Tinder

I am a long time Tinder user and you could say I've been online dating for quite a lot. This myTake is not about someone's physical appearance! These are just some examples I collected throughout my Tinder dating experience. Maybe some will relate and agree, and maybe some might learn a thing or two about Tinder dating from it. Well, here it is:

1. Men with only one photo

I don't care how hot you look like, how amazing the background is or how that one photo clearly shows your full face/body appearance - you will be left--swiped, sorry. The only thing that that one photo tells me is that you are too lazy to take this serious. And with it, other suspicious thoughts arise; is it a fake profile? Is it his one & only decent photo? How old the photo is? etc, etc, etc. I just don't have time nor energy figuring this out. Next!

2. Men with sunglasses on every photo

You clearly do not want to show your face. It's probably because you think it's ugly and hiding it will do a trick. Nope, it doesn't, sorry. Or maybe you think that you look super-badass with them. Well, maybe, but I want to see your freaking eyes! Eyes dude! Or maybe you didn't think about any of it and you just randomly, without even noticing, accidentally put only those photos. Which brings me back to being too lazy or stupid to take this seriously. Or maybe you're blind and don't want to reveal that very important fact. Whatever, next!

3. Multiple men in every photo

Ummm, so which one is you? The hell, dude!? Next!

4. Selfies with another woman

So is she your girlfriend? A wife? A friend? Your non reciprocated love that friend-zoned you? Your sister? Must be a cousin! Probably just showing off because the photo looks better with her on it, like maybe you want to show that women enjoy your company, that you are oh-so wanted and I should definitely pick you? In your dreams. Next!

5. Men with photos that show awesome activities but 0 appearance

Like you made few nice shots doing flip-ups on your snowboarding trip, all wrapped up in your snowboarding uniform that literally shows 0 skin. Nice suite, pal. Next!

6. Men with no photos of themselves

Awww, what a wonderful sunset! Next.

7. Men with sexually provocative photos or bio

Okay, you want to fuck only and you made that very clear by putting some sexual google image or your own dick or your six-pack abs POV while laying on the bed. I respect your honesty, but no thanks. Next!

8. Men with same posture and same face expression on every photo

Are you even a human? Next!

9. Men in gym

I might be one of the rare girls who dislikes this, but there is something really off-putting about that. It pretty much gives me the impression that you are a narcissist. Like, is the fact that you go to gym the only quality about yourself that you have to show? Cool, a gym, wow, so interesting. I-don't-care. Next!

10. Men with no bio, or no distance, or no occupation shown

This brings me back to not taking it seriously. I want to know stuff about you, at least a bare minimum. If you leave everything blank I will think you are either fake or a serial killer or really shallow and stupid to tell something about yourself. And you are probably unemployed or thousand miles away. No matter how good looking I find you, if you don't put any info about yourself I won't be interested. I need more then physical appearance, sorry. Bye, boi!

Well, these are just some of the examples. There are probably more, some minor ones, but I think the ones I put here are definitely my top 10.

Thoughts? :)

2792

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, agree with most.

If he has any of this:
    - Just one picture.
    - Can't see what he looks like in his pictures because it's too blurry, a crappy angle, sunglasses, too far away or whatever (this also includes the ones with only group pictures or no pictures of him).
    - Picture with another girl.
    - Party/drunk pictures.
    - Picture in his underwear/bare chesst in bed/sexual pictures.
    - Picture with kid/s if it makes me suspect it's his child/ren.
    - Picture where he smokes or drinks.
    - Pictures where he seems too impulsive, too much of a daredevil or adrenalin junkie, or gives me that impression in his bio.
    - If he lists beer, partying, tattoos and/or cars as his interests.
    - If he mentions anything about sex or hints about it (for example talks about netflix and chilling) in his bio.
    - If he only wants sex, or makes me think he only wants sex.
    - If he's a vegetarian or vegan.
    - If he's a leftist.
    - Says he's restless.
    Then it's an automatic no-swipe from me, no matter what he looks like.

• That’s waaayyy too picky tho if u swipe through with all that in mind you’d probably only swipe on not even 1 dude & miss out on someone with one of them who could be cool. I mean he can’t like cars? come on

• Definitely could have mud wrestled to solve this.

• Don't get the hookup stereotype thing, either.

The vibe I get is, about 10% of women are after a hookup. About 80% are just window shopping for some dream guy, and have no real intent in meeting unless the modern equivalent of Brad Pitt shows up. Rest want to date.

• I totally agree with you. But i have a list that is 50 items long. Because that's as reasonable as yours.
    This one time i saw this supermodel 6-3 rich guy that i confirmed was a millionaire, but i swiped left because he had an eyelash on his cheek.
    AN EYELASH!
    Can you even freakn imagine!!!
    He obviously does not care enough about his profile enough to notice it. Which means he doesn't take this thing seriously.

Seriously though, if he's a white male is enough for me to not swipe left. Because patriarchy.

Most Helpful Guys

• Most guys will think this is CRACKERS. I know that it's not crackers and when I tell clients, friends, etc that these are the kind of things women don't want to see they somehow get taken back or even insulted. Online Dating is very specific not to be confused with normal everyday life at bars and clubs. There is a specific communication that goes on through photos and bio that is short simple and to the point. We ain't playing detective here. Good take and hopefully Men will go their profiles and make some changes right away after reading this.

• I would agree with this. A lot of these are the same things that make me swipe left on chicks when I used to use Tinder. I think I'm a little more conservative and swipe left on probably 60% of women I see there.

Mostly:
    - women who are cat and dog lovers
    - display their college, degree, or career
    - cliche basic bitches who are wine tasters, hikers, campers, rock climbers, romantic evenings in Italy, etc.
    - but ESPECIALLY the ones who say "Someone who can make me laugh," "You should message me if..." "Swipe left it..."

• that;s funny, so easy bomb in the marketing.

• @microhorse my opinion, for women, probably not so bad. But I watched women look at mens profiles and they will toss a guy for any subtle reason. it's marketing.

• @microhorse Because I'm not interested in a woman's education or piece of paper she got. I'm not dating her credentials, I'm dating the person, and when a woman is displaying all that superficial stuff it means she wants me to be impressed by her background, and that's not what I care about. I want to know what she brings to the table as a person, what heart, character, values, and intelligence she has.

Join the discussion

2590
  • I would also add
    11. Men with pictures of their kids- not a safe or appropriate place to put kid pictures

• Can't relate. Never been on any online dating websites

• Yeah, those are all examples of bad profiles

• Ah, the dating games... So much theory behind it and so many rules to it just to play a simple game.
    I'm wondering what it's like when it would be about something serious

• I agree with the last one for a slightly different reason. If a man goes to the gym and takes selfies all the while, he doesn't deserve to be in their. Occasional pictures in the gym is okay to measure your progress. Nothing more.

• Although the rest of this stuff kind makes things difficult for me. I hate having my photos taken taken so rarely have any of myself. I'm always the person clicking photos.

• Hahaha no that's awesome! At least for me. But some girls might not like it.

• 😅 thanks.

• We should begin with the fact that a man who has a little bit self-confidence and is interested in real relationship seeks his partners in real world (bars, clubs, parties with friends...). Dating site are only local an option and women on dating sites are (at lest here) prostitutes or desperate sluts.
    The other problem that females tend to some kind of hypergamy on dating sites because tons of always lonely guys who give them over exaggerated attention. (you're so pretty, so sexy... and such slimy comments)
    The third point, internet is a wonderful place for trolling and having fun. But developing of feelings to a person you haven't meet before in person is very dangerous. Your imagination builds up some god/goddess picture in you mind, that hits hard the wall of reality while real meeting.

So you can pick your photos like you want. Visit in a nightclub or good connection to a female friend who couples people together brings you better partner into you bed than tinder. Because you take what you see in real.

• Dunno about others but I never developed feelings for someone based off our Tinder chats only. It's only meant for scheduling meetngs.

• As a single parent, it's quite hard to meet people so I actually find dating websites a lot easier to utilise in trying to find someone. I'm not a prostitute or a "slut" (would you say men on there are sluts too as it is a word for someone who is promiscuous? Or are you one of those men who think it's cool for men to sleep around but women are horrible beings for doing that?)

• @microhorse I know what you want to imply. You don't need dating apps to change your partner like gloves, you can do that in bars and clubs as well. If you find that your rotation is with dating sites more effective, so it's you opinion and I accept that. Of course it confirms the first point of my previous comment. Yes, we males are most time of our life 'sluts', because we can if we want to be, but most of us don't complain if somebody calls us that way. We take it with more humor.

• 3d

2. Some people with sensory processing issues, particularly relating to autism, often wear sunglasses. When you make a decision like this you are destroying a chance at finding something that might work out very well over something so petty... you do realise you could talk to the person and if you like them meet them at which point... you get to see their eyes? Patience is a damn good quality. Rare too. Damn rare.

4. Are women this petty, shallow and self-conscious that they will not accept a man having another woman in his photo? You would figure it's not his girlfriend since he's on a dating site. It could be his mum or sister, it could be an indicator that he's a good son or a good brother, that he's supportive and family oriented. You're seriously that possessive that you don't want your partner to be proud of their mum or sister? I get it's a dating site but it could be a photo he likes of himself too, or it could just be that he wants to give a sense of what he's about, such as having women in his life he loves platonically.

5. Again, he probably wants to give prospective partners a glimpse into things he's passionate about. Is it not okay to have photos like this if he also has actual profile-worthy photos too? Some guides to having a good whatever the fuck nonsense dating site profile do advise men to feature photos of them doing things they love.

8. Wow... women are extremely guilty of this. Definitely moreso than men. It's an epidemic. What if it's just a humble smile in every photo and that's not okay? Maybe some guys just don't want to pull stupid faces? It never occurs to them and what you're gonna' choose someone over another because he pulls stupid faces? Not really an important factor. So let me get this straight you don't want men where they look the same in every photo, but you don't want photos of them doing things other than posing for a photo either?

10. Again this is a problem much more prevalent amongst women than men.

I'm not coming down on you specifically, more the attitudes of a generation of people, both male and female. Dating sites are trash. They are having a negative effect on society with regards to dating, relationships in general.

• I agree with your view on most of those points. I don't feel the same way about bios personally, though. A picture tells a thousand words and I'd far rather tell people about myself through pictures than write up random random words. It also leaves more room for questions in conversation later on too.

Also personally speaking as a guy, I've never been turned off by a girl who didn't have a bio, however I've been turned off many times by the crap some girls put in their bios.

• I not sure what tender is. It sounds like it could be a computet dating site.

These are my reason if I ever would use a computer to find a date.

One I would never show my real image. I'm to paranoid about computers, companies and governments spying on me.

Two my Biographies part. Well that would be mostly true, but it won't have nothing to lead back to my real life.

Three well you probably need a cell phone or something stupid like that. That's a laugh, I never owned a cell phone in my life. Home phone is good enough for me.

Four. Well you probably need a social media account to. Another joke right there. I never did that either. This site is the closest I have ever came to social media.

Five. I rather find a date like my parents did. In real life. The person on the computer could be a spy to steal your countries secrets and probe your brain for alien life forms. That were planted by the CIA. When your born.

Six I'm wondering if you are still reading this pack of shit I'm feeding you. Because computer dating is the governments way of controling the masses.

Seven Hitler was really a woman and was Obama's misstress of the dark in the 60s. Don't believe me. Good don't because it's true

• It's a good list but number 7... You're on tinder looking for a serious relationship? Doesn't make sense.

• For me, anyone that sticks their tongue out and tries too hard to be “sexy”. Like when guys cock there head to the side and rest their chin on between their index finger and thumb, and lick their lips. It’s equivalent to girls doing the turn off duck lips

• Have noticed that most females do this on tinder and even tries to project body parts to get a decent match and whines in the text no hoockups ones only serious.
    Have also noticed a lot uses selfies with filters like the beauty filter that makes them look like a bad photoshopp makeover to make them look they have smoother skin.
    Even passive ones that doesn't put any effort or have no social skills when texting, are shallow as fuck or tries to get to know through text to get a spark through text.
    Tries to paint up themselves to something they aren't. mostly uses emoji to describe themselves if they have any in the text.

Want to get thing's served on silver plate, effortless sex.

Lies what they are after until they have past a certain point and than think they should get away with it just because they are a girl or because it's them.

Stating political and ideological thing's in profile like femenists/political likes or dislikes.
    (this one says the person is narrow minded also suffers from certain mental issues)

Think they are God's gift is also very common.

Just like 15 years ago, most female's on dating services are the ones that was called bottom scrapings.

All that and a lot more is the reason I mostly have ben doing research online about people behavior and communication.

• Cool, but why did you feel that your opinion was so important to share this? And plenty of guys share bios, and pics and don't get swiped right still. Online dating I think is crap for most men

• Before I deleted my Tinder account I can say with certainty that I didn't have any of these things in my profile yet I still didn't get many matches and never went on any dates. In fact all the women on there seemed genuinely uninterested in me despite having my best pictures and a solid bio (had multiple friends and my sister say my profile was great). Hence why it's deleted now

• You probably played around on the free versions of the apps and sites? Did you ever upgrade?

• Yeah that's the conclusion I've come to but I've come to terms with it. Thank you for trying to help though I do appreciate it!

• Yeah just go out and meet girls, tinder girls r stuckup and hella picky cause they have so much choice, + there’s more dudes on there than them

• Agree with every point... Except number 10 unless if what you mean is the absence of all three...
    Like I don't think lack of occupation is a bad thing.
    Kind of makes me think (Why does that matter)

And also as a male tinder user...
    This list could be done very much in some way for women...
    Except maybe 2 and 5...

• See this gentlemen? This is a perfect example of the 3 holy crowns for us men: Looks, Money and Smarts, pick 2.

She likes looks and money.

Totally accurate in a raw sense. Because once you strip down the social part, you are left with raw desire.

• I agree with those you listed, except I have no problem with gym pics. I work out a lot myself and I like to date someone who follows a similar lifestyle, if they show me even better (obviously will depend on the pose too lol like don’t flex too hard).
    So I’d swap your gym point for car photos - like any photo no matter if it’s with him in it or (and that’s more usual) just the fucking car - is an immediate left swipe for me.

• And then we can hear them asking "where have all the good men gone?"

You swiped half of them to the left.

• "9. Men in gym"

Lol I was a bodybuilder for many years. You'd swipe left for simply showcasing my daily life with pics of me in the gym with friends? I honestly don't know how you equate going to gym to stay healthy and fit as narcissism, but hey... you just do you man.

• Yeah I don’t get that one... wouldn’t it be good to see he goes to the gym caus it means he’s taking care of his body?

• @Sonorous Yeah forsure. If i’m posting a multitude of sexually provocative photos of me shirtless in the bathroom, it would come across as that. But I also have a lot of pics of me just having fun and doing big lifts with my friends at the gym.

• @TonyBologna25 - If anything, people should admire people like you that do gym thing and leave out the massive ego. That should be respected! 🙏

• That's pretty much what I swipe left on. Plus girls with filters on every photo or girls with the words "must meet my terms" i. e the prostitutes of tinder.
    The only one I don't swipe left on is guys in photo with a girl. It could be anyone.
    I have a couple photos with girls in, but they're my friends or my sister's. I wouldn't put up photos with my exes. That's a little creepy, and you can normally tell if they are from the pose taken.

• Exactly why that game is so difficult. It's print marketing.
    I'm surprsied about gym pic, but ok. I've seen dudes taking those pics in the men's room.. entertaining.

what about pics with their pets?

• Tell me this, why do women categorize everything? Like if some guy does that one thing that you don't like, than suddenly he is in the 'no' category. Tune down the ego if you want to live a happy life, no offense

• Everyone has categories. It's meant for scanning the right partner and filtering the wrong ones. Anyone who knows what they want and what they are looking for has categories. If you don't distinguish between what you like and what you don't, if it's whatever to you, then you don't really have a personality. Categorizing helps us save time and energy, both for ourselves and others.

• because obvious personality flaws are ignored if the guy makes her wet on sight... Looks trump everything else for women

• @JustWorthlessMe Yeah, and that is just so sad. As a man, I am supposed to be the shallow one and I have gone for women that were barely 4/10

• Believe me, my profile used to be as per your "guidelines"
    And I just got a couple of matches in two weeks
    I swiped every girl right till there was none left
    And out of those two, I'm just talking to one, and I don't see us getting in a relationship with each other
    So basically, I didn't gain anything from online dating site

• I'm not on online dating but I have to say that while, yes many of us do not what to see that, it's good that they don't hide it because it allows you to weed out types of people you don't want.

• I was honestly expecting this list to be way over-the-top shallow. However, I was not correct. It's well thought out. I'm also surprised that people use Tinder for serious dating. I thought it was just for hooking up.

Why is this MyTake unnecessarily anonymous?

• ridiculous, no one is for real anymore. The truth is no one is ok with dating. You pick one, and keep going, because pic., or no pic. you're chancing it anyway, just be careful bring a cellphone, and know you're nearest exits, but not because you're picky. That list isn't going to help anyone, because online dating is for words and fake pics. only, and if you're fortunate an actual date.

• Great take as my Tinder consists of none of these 😁 Sadly though, I still don’t get too many matches, & the few times I do, they’ll ignore my messages or end the conversation before we can even arrange to meet (or unmatch, in most cases) 😢

• Also anyone who has "Hard Knocks" as their education, or a bullshit job like "Captain, Starfleet".

Not that hard - try putting on a decent button-up shirt with a collar, wash your face, neaten up your facial hair if you have it, get a decent haircut - take a full face and torso pic. Best if it's in daylight, taken by a friend.

Some women hate the cigar pics. Some women hate the pictures of you holding a big dead fish. Guns in your pics? Really?

Pictures of just your dog are not so great, even if your dog is adorable.

We want to see YOU. Your eyes, your face, your genuine smile.

• No. You swipe left on ones who aren’t hot. Just like every other degenerate whore that uses apps like tinder. No need to lie to yourself pal

• I'm a nudist very rare I wear clothes why I only have one photo. Thanks babe I will up my shit! How does cussing cursing fowl or rude texts rate in your oddities of relativeness of well mannered men? Just securing better potentials! I don't give anyone a chance.

• Men who are Manlets, men who are balding or bald, men with no good hygiene, men who are overweight, men of an ethnic minority, men who have facial disfigurement or are ugly or unattractive. Fixed it for you. Even if the man had all those things you hate, if he was attractive enough you would still swipe right

• I have NONE of these qualities! I pass your test!

I do have sunglasses on in my first photo, but in none of my other ones.

• You know, men would be more interested in the profiles you swipe right to because men get swiped left VERY frequently without any help.

• Don't forget the guys sitting on top of their car or something else obviously crazy expensive.
    OR guys holding a big fish. Classic.

• Exactly the kind of women I swipe left too, so that's 90% of them. (The no bio alone is at least 80% lmao)

Also : smoking, the instagram picture everyone make, picture with a sedated wild animal. Next, next, next. 😂

• Is this how ridiculously picky women are? "he can't eat with his right hand.. Has to be left!" "Has to listen to the exact same music as me"

... Bi*ch just take my money and suck my d*ck would you now.

• You have excluded every man on the planet.
    You also have a bitchy attitude.
    It is cats for you. 😻

• I would agree with the women on tender would get swiped left if thay had those profiles. I just stay away from dating apps to many fakes on them. plus im not going to oay to chat either.

• I have written just about the same thing, sunglasses, group photos and everything BUT about women, and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery one are leave woman alone blabala but the same exact thing about men is all excepted, strange

• 17h

As for the face expression thing. There are people like myself where our motor functions in out brains for facial expressions doesn't allow for much expression changes

• Most of these are a given of what a good profile is not.. Except the gym pics.. I didn't mind them.. Nice take though..

• you forgot...

Men who dont look like fitness models

Men who are below six feet

Men who look broke

Men who look like nice guys

and the list goes on

• I have several things I’d like to comment:

1. Does it ever occur to you that some men go to the gym because they have shit to burn off? I promise you that is hardly the case in most men and you will find out immediately if he is arrogant if you talk to him.

2. Could an exception be made for 4 if he explains who the girl is in his picture?

3. I heard that a dating hack is to include a pet in the picture. I put my cat who I grew up with in my profile and nothing changed so I guess I MUST have a dog otherwise no one cares. I get that some people are allergic but wtf is peoples’ issue with cats?

• You mean you pick 1/50 profiles?

Though I agree these are not the best you cannot be this picky and match with no more than a guy per day

• I'm too young for internet dating and I would never do it anyway, but 4 seems ok with me. Everything else is understandable though.

• Yeah i agree with this. these should be the general guidelines for everyones accounts. I have literally seen profiles where the person is kissing someone else.

• About 8., I don't know how about y'all but I have only one smile and one straight face. do you want me to look disgusted? bored? annoyed? drunk?

• Men with no hair, men with hair, men who are tall, men who are short, men who are fat, men who are thin...

• I can never bring myself to use these apps. I love the whole, see a girl in real life and go and ask her kind of thing

Show More
65