11 Types Of Users I Swipe Left On Tinder

I've used Tinder a lot although I'm a quite picky person. After reading another fellow GAG'ers myTake about which tinder users she swipes left on I was inspired to write my own list. I would like to hear your opinions and preferences too. Maybe you're agree or disagree in some of these.

By the way, I've different preferences in men and women. This myTake would explain it too.

1. Wrong age

UNDER AGED, NO THANKS!
UNDER AGED, NO THANKS!

I prefer to date someone who's as close to my own age because of then there may be a greater chance we relates to each others more, are on the same stage in life and maturity level. Although I'm fully aware of there's always some exceptions I don't think age is just a number and I'm even more picky on age on tinder than in real life, since I can get to know a person quicker when I meets them in person giving me a different impression of them. It's an instant deal breaker if they're under aged for obviously reasons. Relationships are between consenting adults and too young people are too immature to me.

When dating men I prefer someone who's either at my age or a couple of years older. Preferable older. From my experience men older than me are more frequently at the same page as me than these ones at my age and the younger ones aren't datable since most of them hasn't a mature enough appearance. Women can be a year older than me, but I prefer someone who's at my age. I'm open to date women a little bit younger than me though.

When I gets older, I would be more open for bigger age gaps than what I'm now. When I turns 25, I would most likely be open to date men in their early 30s. I could probably date women who's 20 - 26 then, but I wouldn't like to date a woman who's 30. Then I would feel too young. For a weird reason I associates older women with family members, but same thing doesn't apply to men. Most of my family members I looked up to were women older than me.

2. Too young looking

No thanks!
No thanks!

I likes a mature appearance. It's especially important in men. I likes when a man is tall, can grow a properly beard, has some body hair and masculine facial features. Then he looks like an adult and not like a little boy anymore. To me an 18 years old woman looks usually mature enough to me, but most 18 years old guys looks like they could still be in middle school. Most of them can barely grow a beard and still have small features. If a guy could be my little brother, he would be swiped to left.

3. Pets Owners

I've dog and snake phobia. I had a bad experience with an aggressive dog when I was ca. five years old. Thankfully the owner stopped it so it couldn't hurt me. I've never had any bad experiences with snakes, but their disgusting slimy appearance and venom are frightening. As a high sensitive person I don't like too loud sounds or too strong smell either, so animals is a big no. It's as much of a deal breaker as having children.

4. None serious profiles

Definitively a stolen picture
Definitively a stolen picture

That's profiles with pictures of celebrities, stolen pictures, memes, sexual jokes etc. I can tell it's a joke if the only picture the user has is a picture of spongebob.

5. No pictures

I can't tell if I'm into you or not if you've no pictures of yourself.

6. No interests in common

If we've absolutely nothing in common I would be easily bored of you and we can't do much together. I'm first of all a very extrovert and talkative person, so if someone doesn't talk or participate in the conversation much it would be too one sided. If we don't have some of the same hobbies or interests it can easily be difficult to find something to talk about. I likes drawing, taking pictures, making food, look at art and history. I don't like sport, going to the gym, hiking or any of the classical physical activities. I enjoys discussing a lot like politics, philosophy, aesthetics, life etc. We don't have to like all of the same things though. It's however important we've the same life choices like no pets, no kids, marriage isn't necessarily necessary, LGBT-friendly and somewhat secular. I'm fine with dating religious people, but they've to respect my choice and not force their religion or lifestyle on me.

7. Unattractive looks

To me it's a deal breaker if a person has a fashion style I don't like, isn't fit or haven't taken care of themselves. Some people; especially men tends to not shave or get a haircut often, wear clothes that match and wears too much graphic t-shirts, baggy clothing etc. As a highly visual person looks is very important. Some people may think I'm shallow although I also cares about personality, personal hygiene, values and so on, but I can't help it not being attracted to everyone. I'm especially picky in men. I likes defined facial features with good proportions where the features aren't too big or small with too wide or small distances. I've a weakness for tall dark looking men with a middle-eastern, south-European, Asian or South-American appearance, although I dates people with looks from the whole globe. It's just preferences. In men I also looks for a model like appearance and so far I've refused to date average plain looking men.

I likes model looking people
I likes model looking people

In women I finds femininity, a healthy appearance and cuteness important. I loves a slender figure, long hair and when they're not much taller than me. An average woman may stand a chance if she has a likeable personality that's compatible, but I can't imagine me doing the same to an average man.

8. Catfish suspected

It's pretty much self-explanatory. If I suspect someone to trick me I may find it a turn off. It has happen a few times I actually swiped right on users I was suspicious to because of being too unsure and rather wanting to try to confront them through a video chat. But usually I don't want to waste my time on fake profiles. To me people who looks perfect and model like on all of the pictures is a red flag in my book. These pictures are often retouched in Photoshop.

9. In the military

This one is because of number 6. Again, I'm not interested in exercising, sports etc. It doesn't sound fun to have a partner that I can't meet often because of them living far away in a military base and I don't see the fun in the military either.

10. Smokers

In addition to being unhealthy it also smells bad.

11. Shirtless pictures

It looks too try hard and I can tell if you've a good body or not by looking at your face and clothed body. I interpret these pictures with a message telling me they don't trust me in that I can tell if they looks nice or not and therefor they've to make it as obviously as possible.

#Tinder #Dating

129
curiousnorway is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok il give this a go as a straight guy.

1. The ask me profile

Even if you have a picture and i think you're hot what do you expect me to ask you?

2. The negative profile

Ok i know what you're not looking for but what are you looking for?

3. The snapchat profile

I have no idea what you look like and would walk past you if we actually arranged a date.

4. The we come as a package profile.

This to me says i need to meet your kids straight away, and if it doesn't work out i have to break up with you as a package.

5. The I want to travel profile

doesn't seem like you want to settle down with someone you just want a travel buddy

6. The overly sexual profile

So are you fake or a prostitute?

7. The just looking profile

Well when you stop browsing and are actually looking then we'll talk

8. The no profile picture

Usually comes with no description either, its not piping my interest.

9. The poly profile

The amount of profiles I've seen like this. Im not into sharing.

10. The gym bunny

Ok you like to be healthy but you just seem to be the female version of the jock... no thanks

Join the discussion

128
  • 6d

You're so much more thoughtful than I am on Tinder. The only times I swipe left on Tinder are...

1. If the girl has no picture (these are probably fake accounts anyway).

2. If the girl is EXCEPTIONALLY physically unattractive. I don't mean slightly unattractive-I mean REALLY REALLY unattractive.

I do make it a goal to swipe left at least one out of ten girls because Tinder's algorithm will punish you for swiping right too much, and then you won't get any matches.

• Not all snakes are venomous and doggos are still adorable. Dogs like Chihuahuas aren't scary at all. A bad dog is generally acting poorly because of its owner. Some snakes are adorable. A number of the other stuff are reasonable through.

• Although not all snakes are venomous it still doesn't change the fact I don't like the way they looks and moves. I don't like any dogs either.

• I find that quite amusing.

• Wait a sec, you say an unfit person is a turn off but you don't work outs, the exercise or sports. How will the guy stay fit then?

• Genetics and eating healthy.

• Eating healthy alone isn't enough, you require some sort of physical exercise.
      And I'm sorry but it's really unfair to expect genetics to fix it cause even genetics can only do so much.
      I can understand why people think you're shallow.

• My biggest no is a guy a beer in his in had in his picture or ones whose picture look like they took a picture 5 minutes after they got out of bed. i want to meet someone I'm attracted to not thinking ewww

• The shirtless pictures are a red flag or someone with part of their face covered 🚩

• I think you should've stated that you are gay in the beginning, cause i was so confused the whole time lol.

Anyway, it's always interesting to read what other people don't like and swipe left on cause of it.

• Pictures where there are two or more people.
    - which one are you?
    - you obviously have more friends than I do. Where would I fit in?

• 7d

I may be the only living soul who has never been on tinder.

• Lol at the people asking if you're gay or bi. I think it's obvious when you mentioned what you prefer in both men and women. Maybe should have specified on title.

I'm taken now but when I wasn't I discovered a dating website for Asians called East Meets East, or something like that. I don't know if that's limited to East and Southeast Asians only or it also includes Central and South Asian... Because I remember telling myself, this is definitely a website I want to be on cause I really like East Asian and Central Asian men.

No need for that anymore though.

• What about people with kids? Stay the fuck away from me

• Are you a man or woman or just bi curious?

• Are you gay?

• Good take

• Are you bisexual?

• I've different preferences in the genders and looks for different qualities in them.

• ⛔TINDER⛔

• 6d

Very good

• You're gay?

• How many straight peopke do you know that dates men? 😆

• @curiousnorway Not to place labels on you but the best one i can think from what I've seen you post would be homoflexible. Mostly into guys but like women a little bit.

• I have to agree , I dont think you're very into women at all. seems like you want women for the traditional aspect kids , marriage , and feeling like a provider but overall sexually you like men

• Snakes aren't slimy

• I'm glad my MyTake inspired you to write your own. Good one! :)

• Wow, you're really full of yourself
    Enjoy being single
    by the way someone can look way younger or older than their actual age (if they smoke, spend too much time in the sun etc.) and people can be more mature or immature for their age. You know people on Tinder may lie about their age
    So in my opinion, age is just a number
    Bye, turning notifications off because I'm not in the mood of disagreeing with people like you

• It's okay you're disagree. There's exceptions off course, I'm fully aware of it. If you read more carefully you can see I stated it. But I'm talking in general speaking.

"Although I'm fully aware of there's always some exceptions I don't think age is just a number and I'm even more picky on age on tinder than in real life..."

I've never denied my judgment is different on tinder than in real life. I'm less flexible on tinder than in real life for obviously reasons:

1. My first impression is different
      2. People's personalities appear different online
      3. I'm thinking of the main rule. It's easier to see the exceptions in real life.