Recently a member of GaG asked in a Question what sorts of things would be interesting coming from the opposite sex, especially in the getting-to-know-you stage. I mentioned that showing interest and asking questions is a fun ice-breaker, and it makes the other person feel special knowing that someone finds them interesting enough to hear their answers. Plus it's a great way to get to know one another in a non-intrusive way!
(I’d credit the individual, but the Question was posted by male Anonymous (25-29).)
I also watched a TV program about blind dates and one person in one of the couples that just met brought along cards with handmade questions on them. He shuffled them just like a deck of cards, and then each of them took turns pulling from the deck to read the question aloud and give their answer to their partner.
Similar games can be purchased online for couples. But if you don't want to spend the money, and if something like this sounds fun and interesting, homemade cards or no cards at all, here are some samples of wholesome questions you can ask your date for fun ice breakers. Enjoy!
1. If you could play an instrument, what would it be?
2. Imagine the summer of 2015. What were you doing?
3. What’s one country you always wanted to visit?
4. What are your top five favourite films?
5. What is the best concert you’ve ever been to?
6. Mexican food or Italian food?
7. Are you usually five minutes early or five minutes late?
8. What is your party trick?
9. Sunny days or rainy nights?
10. Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
11. What is your usual go-to comfort food?
12. What is your favourite holiday and why?
13. If you could live in one era in the past, what/when would it be?
14. Would you rather be in a high-rise in the city, or a cottage in the country?
15. What was the last or is the current book you’re reading?
16. Who is your favourite author?
17. Have you ever met someone famous? If so, who?
18. What is one dish you usually love to cook?
19. Pineapple on pizza? Yes or no?
20. If you were an ice cream flavour, what would you be?
21. What is your Zodiac sign, and do you believe in astrology?
22. If you see a bug in the house, do you kill it or set it free outside?
23. Kiss on the first date? Yes or no?
24. What’s your favourite app/video/computer game to play?
25. Would you rather browse a used book store or visit a museum?
26. Fragrances: Do you prefer spicy, floral, or fruity/tropical scents?
27. What was your dream job to have when you were a child?
28. Do you have a favourite sport to play or watch, if so what is it?
29. Would Santa say you’ve been naughty or nice this year?
30. What is one of the things you’ve noticed about me so far that you like?