At what age do women stop being shallow about looks?

When you ask a woman from her teenage years and early 20s what she wants in a man, its pretty much something along the lines of outgoing, adventurous, handsome, at least 6 feet tall, muscular, athletic, nice eyes and hair, 6 pack etc.

Usually these are qualities older women tend to not care about. Older women look more for things like confident but not obnoxious, financially stable, intelligent, educated, faithful etc and more often than not are happy to date men that are below average in the looks department but have all these qualities.
My question is where is the cut off age, or age range for which women stop prioritizing the first set of qualities and start moving to the second?

212

Most Helpful Girl

• They never stop. My mother is 55 and she's very strict towards look. No men under 6', no skinny guys, no blonde, etc..

Most Helpful Guy

• You are right that women change, although not all at the same age.

Some know early, and those are the girls I date exclusively, but for the rest, it comes at the age that they look around at the nice house, nice car, nice schools, nice purses and shoes, and nice vacations that some women have because their husbands have money, but then they look at their sorry former high school football player's and realize he can't provide those things. A divorce often follows.

So, somewhere around late 20s to mid 30s, they will figure it out.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm 29 and I'm still kinda shallow. I mean, I'm not into guys with muscles or six packs, but I have a type and it's hard for me to stray from it.

What Guys Said 11

• Why is wanting looks shallow though?

• Because it's surface level deep, the definition of shallow.

• @FroggyDoggy96 But so is any other quality when you take them in a vacuum? Money alone is shallow, personality alone is shallow, intelligence alone is shallow. Deep attraction means you are attracted to all traits of the other person. You can shift around how much emphasis you place on each, but you can't ignore any one part entirely.

• You're not looking at them through a vacuum, at least it is understood that you are not supposed to when you are looking for a partner. You look at the whole package and make certain compromises if needed. In context of an entire human, liking them for their personality is not shallow because of the time and commitment it takes to actually discover and accept or reject it. Your question was, "Why is wanting looks shallow though?". Not, why is wanting looks alongside personality, intelligence, and other such traits shallow. So if you add those things, it's not shallow. But based off your question, which only implied the trait of looks, it would be shallow to just want that.

• I don't think it's shallow at all. A romantic relationship is all about preference. No one is entitled to be romantically loved. It's not a basci human right or anything

• You have to be attracted, that's just part of being human. Now not every girl goes after the model type guys, an average looking can be attractive to a lot of girls.

• When their looks fade and they can't sloot around anymore with hot guys. 30+

• It depends on the person but I'd say 35-40

• when the big 30 hits and reality hits them lol

• 32-35

• When they realize they are getting older and they are not married yet.

• When they start to lose their looks. That is when

• when they start to fade.

• When they want someone to pay for their kids, they let looks slide a bit. They still want it, but they just have to put up with some guy they don't want to fuck that much to get a life partner.

You should avoid those women.