Should I ask for my girlfriend's permission to go to a strip club?

we've been going out for 3 years.

or should I even tell her about it?

the last time I joked around about it and she says she wouldn't let me.

• yes
    76%(29)61%(47)Vote46%(18)
  • no
    24%(9)39%(30)Vote54%(21)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask if she wants to tag along

Most Helpful Guy

• Just fucking dont go there lmao

What Girls Said 14

• It sounds like it wouldn't sit well with your girlfriend...

• i'm a female and i find this question is someone who is weak and whipped by their girlfriend... i have a boyfriend and i could care less if he goes to strip clubs and he does tell me when he goes and personally i could care less... i see it this way we're both adults and he should do what he wants to do and i'll do what i want to do we don't need to get permissions... now i assure neither of us are going to orgies or i'm not going to gangbangs... but that or this question is by someone who is very weak and your relationship won't make it because your very weak in the future she'll manipulate your weaknesses and take ever once of your manhood away soon she'll have you wearing a skirt and cleaing the toilets on the weekends... do you want that?

• So any girl who doesn't feel super comfortable with the idea of their boyfriend going a strip club is definitely going to force him to cross dress and and become her maid? That sure escalated quickly.

• @yourmom89 except my boyfriend who brings new meaning to shyness but he's so pathetic i really do feel sorry for him but on the otherhand i have piece of mind that he won't cheat... plus he has a horrible job gets paid well for it but often he comes home shaken up... oh god it's just sad and horrible.

• that just sounds like a crappy relationship in general

• You should at least talk to her about it. Keeping something like that a secret will only turn it into a bigger problem. If you're set on going no matter how she feels, then don't ask her permission, but do tell her you're going. And yes, she might get upset, and that's something you'll have to deal with, but it's important to be honest about these types of things. Ultimately if you're set on going and you can't find a way to help her feel comfortable with, then maybe this is an issue that will come between you, and it's better to find that out sooner than later.

Why do you want to go? Is it for something like a bachelor party, or are you going just because you want to? That can make a big difference.

• The bottom line is that you have the right to do what you want and go where you please. But maintaining a healthy committed relationship requires that you consider your partner's feelings, especially about things that are controversial. A lot of guys are acting like it's crazy that you would even consider asking for her "permission", and they do have a point- however, committing to a monogamous relationship is always going to require some amount of compromise. Being in a monogamous relationship (where you're sexually exclusive) means that you were never going to have complete 100% autonomy. Just the act of committing to an exclusive relationship means that you are giving up some amount of freedom to always do exactly what you want 100% of the time.

• Why do you want to go to a stripclub? Is it for a special occasion, and what kind of stripclub is it?
    But regardless I'd tell her. I would only deny my boyfriend if he would go to get off. If it was for a bachelor, whatever as long as he keeps his hands to himself, I wouldn't mind at all. And if he really wanted to see what it"s like or for fun, I'd probably join and get drunk with him.

• you shouldn't go if your girlfriend doesn't want you too. If she says no and you go I consider that cheating

• I wouldn't say that exactly cheating, but I guess it depends on what you did at the strip club.

• If you know this will upset her, then i don't think you should go.

• if she finds out you're screwed

• It's best to just ask her.

• If I was straight, I would not care if my boyfriend goes to strip clubs

• If you already asked joking you seem like you're setting yourself up for a unnecessary argument. Though it's not wrong but how would you feel about her going to watch men shake their junk around?

• Yes, you should.

• Be single and go to a stripclub when you want.

• if she answered your joke with a no, its best to ask again lol imagine her finding out... yikes

• You don't ask her but let her know that your going. She'll have to deal with it and you'll have to deal with her opinion of that... just the way the cookie crumbles.

What Guys Said 23

• 3 years is significant. Yes tell her and deal with the result. If she doesn't like it, and only if it's a rare event, she will have to deal with it

You going all the time would be a obvious no. But once in a blue moon to celebrate an event with the buds is fine --> as long as you only look, no touching and once in a blue moons means like max once a year for a special event (ex. Bachelor parties, birthdays etc)

• I casually mentioned it to my wife and she didn't care, but she wanted to go, too. It wasn't that she didn't trust me, she just wanted to see the women, too. It was a fun evening. :-) But if your girlfriend has indicated otherwise, it's probably not worth it. by the way, that was the only time I've ever been to one.

• If you need her permission to go anywhere, you have handed her your balls.
    If a woman can dictate to you what and where you go, if you feel the need to seek her permission, she will see that as weak and she will not respect you.
    If the woman does not respect you as a man, your relationship is doomed. She will be looking for a man whom she can respect as strong.
    If you have not been to a strip club before, I would recommend that you get a table well away from the stage and watch the audience, not the girls. The collection sad and desperate losers who throw money at the girls is a much more entertaining show.

• If she was a girl u were casually dating, then i would say no, but she is your long term girlfriend,
    Then i would say definitely yes, and if she says no then accept her wishes and dont go.

• Absolutely, she may say yes if you ask her since it's an indication to her you don't want to do it in secret so it's probably just for the experience.
    If you do it secretly and she discoveres it may almost feel to her as if you cheated :-(

• Simply ask her and respect her answer.

• Permission is required for children and slaves.

Which are you?

• Just go. She's not your mother. She most likely has flings with other men when she goes on girls' night outs, so it'd be hypocritical of her to say no to you.

• No. She isn't your mother.

• You're dating your mother? If not, then you're an adult. you can chose to go where you want with or without her permission.

• No. You are a grown man for god's sake. You make your own decisions and be your own authority.

• That's between her and you.

• This will upset her and as your conscience, i have to say its in your best interest as far as the relationship goes to not do that.

• Ask yourself is it worth the trouble of going?

• Fuck no.

• I go to strip clubs like couple times each month and my girlfriend goes with me sometimes

• Own your balls. Never let a woman tell you what you can, or cannot do.

• Yes.

• You simply shouldn't go.
    No one should.

• If u really wanna go there, tell her. If she says no, and u respect eachother, u won't go.

• What is she? your MOM? ASK PERMISSION? What the hell am I hearing? You are a MAN, not a MOUSE. I cannot believe what I am hearing, smh.

Is this what men have become? having to ask permission on how they want to spend their free time? I just felt the testosterone leaving my body. I can't even...

Do you have any idea how disturbing I find this question? I think I need to lift some more weights to make up for the losses...

• ask her to strip for you.

• You're a man don't ask for permission to go. Juse tell her you're going and that you love her and she has nothing to worry about.