Is it racist to only date within your own race?

For example if I only wanted to date white guys does that make me a racist?

• I'm White --- Yes, it's racist
  • I'm White --- No, it's not racist
  • I'm Black --- Yes, it's racist
    Vote C
  • I'm Black --- No, it's not racist
    Vote D
  • I'm Asian/Other --- Yes, it's racist
    Vote E
  • I'm Asian/Other --- No, it's not racist
    Vote F
  • Not sure
    Vote G

48105

Most Helpful Guy

• If someone only wants to date within their own race, it COULD be racist. But it would only be racist if the reasons fit the definition of racist. Being a racist requires that someone show prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. So, if I only dated white women because I believed they were the superior race, that would be me racist. But, if I only dated white women because I was not attracted to black women, that would not make me a racist. We like what we like and we cannot invent chemistry. I've done relationship coaching for 10+ years and these are realities. No different from someone saying they are not attracted to short men or obese women.

Personally, I have dated all races but that is me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I see it as weird. Why isolate yourself from all the fine people of the world? All those fine fine human beings, my sexual desire doesn't stop just because someone isn't the same as me. And it's not like I'm from some different world with customs so strict and different, I can't share a life with someone who was raised in a different type of upbringing. Plus, my mama always embraced the fineness of men from different ethnicities, so, I grew up embracing it too. "mom fawns over the rock... mom fawns over Vin Diesal... mom fawns over everyone XD"
    Disclaimer: some cultural differences are too much esp. if our ideas on gender roles are different ex) he expects me to not have a job but he's can't get a good job, so we're just struggling, lookin dusty and sad and he's stressed and I'm like, dude, let me work

What Guys Said 104

• Nah... its what you are attracted to. Now, feeling attracted to someone of a different ethnicity but refusing to make a move or date them SOLELY because of their race... see now... THATS racist, and makes you a moron at the same time... i apologize... and even Bigger moron.

Lemme explain... I've always told people that love can come from literally any fuckin where. So you narrowing your preference pool down to just one race/type/status/profession etc... thats your fuckin business.

You know... failed relationship after failed relationship but you still cling on to that stupid preference and all that, meanwhile, there is someone right outside of that preference pool that would be the Perfect match for you but because you are tunnel visioned.. got on those damn flea collar thing they put on dogs, around your neck... you can't see em.

You dont wanna date outside your race... perfectly fine.. personal choice. At least you know when shit blows up or doesn't, we can safely say you are to blame.
    @rushthesand weren't we just talking about this?

• Somewhat. I think this is mostly different since it's discussing preference. We were talking about why I refuse to ask dudes out. Lol

• True. But one has to get there first.

• What's up with the same retarded question on gag every other day?

Answer: NO, regardless of what some autistic leftist has to screech on the matter.

• For some people it is.
    Here we have a poster warning that they will not tolerate White people dating withi their own race and we know what kind of people post these posters.
    And of course no media outrage and condemnation anywhere, no reaction from any anti racist group. It further shows that White people are targeted for demographic genocide and are the only people you can legally discriminate with a whole legal system to back you up.
    bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/.../...ge.jpg

• You're attracted to what you're attracted to. You can't control what you attracted to. It's not racist at all and I seriously laugh at people who say otherwise.

• voted not sure as it depends on your reasons for only dating within your race. if it's simply that you have a preference then it's not racism. if you think that a certain race is superior or inferior based on a generalized belief that certain races possess certain characteristics or traits then that would be racism playing a part in your decision

• Yes. And it's sexist to only date women. It's ageist to not date grandmas. It's xenophobic to not date refugees

• Its not racist its more a preference. Its racist if its done out of spite of discrimination but if its done cause it feels right and its not to just put down the other races. I dont see an issue so long as your clear its not to be discriminate against the other races. Or an elitestic reasoning.

• I despise this question, because I despise the idea that someone else has the right to instill in someone else the fear that they might be bigots for having personal preference, when it comes to what they are attracted to.

It is in no way racist, but everyone who would tell you it is racist is a bigot of the highest order.

• I'm a black dude, and I voted G.

Whether this is racist or not, TOTALLY depends on the reason why said person only dates within their race.

This would be racist if said person found people of another race appealing in terms of looks, culture, personality, interests, etc... but still turned down that person.

ALA, if said person WOULD have dated that person if he/she was not of a different race, that is racist. Because that means that said person likes this potential partner, but race alone was the deterrent, seeing that in terms of attraction, personality, culture, interests, etc., it was a match.

• It is not racist. Just personal preference and being comfortable with one culture more than another. I was hanging out with an Asian gal much younger than me last year who thought the world of me. (It wasn't a dating situation.) She was looking for an Asian boyfriend and found one. I don't take it personal as we weren't dating anyway... LOL But Asian is her preference for a long term relationship for cultural reasons. No way would I call her a racist... LOL

• I've racial preferences. Not because of the culture, but because I finds some more physical attractive than others. I doesn't get attracted to certain features.

• Some people get offended by it easily. One girl wanted to try to hook me with some of her friends. Because some of her friends were black and I didn't want her to think I was a racist, I said I only into dating my own race, when I date all races except black. The truth was I just didn't find black girls attractive. I can't help who i find attractive.

• No, you should be dating who you are attracted to. If a gay guy only wants to date another man instead of a women, does that make him sexist?

• Racism is the belief in the inherent superiority of one "people group" such that one group has the right to control and even own members of another group. American over Negro slavery was the essence of racism. My wanting to date someone from my ethnicity and culture is not racism. It's a preference like preferring a BMW to a Mercedes. The words racism and racists are so over abused as to no longer have meaning. I freely date outside my race because I enjoy the differences.

• I feel like we all have our own preferences. Maybe it's cause of where we were brought up, or our internal wiring.

I feel it's only racist if you refuse to date anyone in another race for a specific reason.

• Tell me how this sounds.
    1. You're a very awesome, amazing person and i really like you. But i dont want to date you. Dont worry there's nothing bad about your you're perfect it just that you're not white so it a deal breaker. If you were white than i would've love to be in a relationship with you.

2. You're a very awesome, amazing person and i really like you. But i dont want to date you. Dont worry there's nothing bad about your you're perfect it just that you're not black so it a deal breaker. If you were black than i would've love to be in a relationship with you.

3. You're a very awesome, amazing person and i really like you. But i dont want to date you. Dont worry there's nothing bad about your you're perfect it just that you're not Hispanic so it a deal breaker. If you were Hispanic than i would've love to be in a relationship with you.

4. You're a very awesome, amazing person and i really like you. But i dont want to date you. Dont worry there's nothing bad about your you're perfect it just that you're not Asian so it a deal breaker. If you were Asian than i would've love to be in a relationship with you.

5. You're a very awesome, amazing person and i really like you. But i dont want to date you. Dont worry there's nothing bad about your you're perfect it just that you're not arab so it a deal breaker. If you were arab than i would've love to be in a relationship with you.

Now tell me does that sound racist or not?

• It is not racist!!! There should be an automatic assumption that the person wouldn't be talking to someone outside of their race in that situation. They only date within their race!

• You date who you wanna date. Doesn't matter what people say about it, you can't your heart to love certain races or religions. That's your preference on who you wanna date. The heart wants what the heart wants

• You can't be force yourself to be physically attracted to a black person as a white person. Same vice versa.

• I think to a point, we can't choose our skin color and to have that be a deciding factor in wanting to be with someone seems kinda rude. I think I feel this way because I have seen families of all types, where someone is dating within their race and that person sucks on all levels but the family tolerates it. But then they date someone outside their race who is better and then all the sudden all the racist words come flying out their mouths.
    So for that reason, I feel that way. So you have to ask yourself, would it be better for you or someone to date someone within their race who is terrible on all levels or for them to date outside their race and is better? And why do you feel way?

• I even think it is racist to not date anyone of your race. I saw a video a long time about two men who don't date girls of their race. The one guys it was stupid, he basically had bad sex with her to to his lack of experience and the other guy, asked a girl who was a different skin color in his middle school (he is in his 30's now), what was for homework next class because he missed a class the other day. Low and behold his girlfriends sister saw him, told his girlfriend he was flirting with another girl of a different color. His girlfriend, her sister and a few of her friends all jumped him on his way home from school and told him to never talk to a girl of a different race again. Was he okay in his logic? No but I can see why

• Let's just say it can be but not necessarily
    Preferences can be racist but racism can't be preferences... if that makes sense

Not dating your own race or only dating a certain race - Just raises eyebrows however you slice it

--> The question isn't whether it's racist or not... The question in this case becomes whether it is your 'right' to choose even though it can come across as discrimination --> The answer to that question is; that it's certainly your right

• You're confusing preference with race, love is non-discriminatory, doesn't matter who you love, how you like to be loved, there's ways of classifying it, but that doesn't affect who you love. on the same note though, that doesn't excuse discriminatory acts in every day life, we're all people, there's literally no difference, doesn't matter where you're from.

• a wise girl once said, you do you.

• You can in no way be racist by avoiding or choosing to do certain things in dating in regards to race. You date based on preference and you can not be racist for having a preference. Whom you choose to date is no one's business but your's.

• Not at all.

I only date Hispanic women. Love em. Love the shit out of em. Not cuz I hate any other races.. I just like Hispanic women. Culture, general shared attitude and traits. lovely.

• No, it's just what you prefer. If you were to say "I only date white people because they are superior to all races" then that would be racist.

• I am SICK of seeing / hearing " RACIST " everywhere & ONLY white people can be waycisst... dickheads & bigots come in ALL races , shapes & genders. It is nobody else's business , but your own on your personal preferences.

• Black people are the most racist group in America. Then they throw on the pity party and sob stories.

• So you're attracted to a guy of another race and you don't give him a chance, I think so. If you just have a predisposition to check out guys of your own race you're actually limiting your lifestyle and it may cause resentment to the men of your own race. What if you meet a guy of your own race and your subtleties are made apparent to him? He may find that mentality repulsive especially if he has a relative or friends of another race

• I don't personally think so. There's nothing wrong with having a preference, i prefer to be with white and hispanic girls because that's who I'm attracted to and they both happen to be the same races as i am. I don't exclude women of other races, honestly for all i know my soulmate is Asian or black, and if that turns out to be the case, then so be it. Personally, im just not attracted to those groups of people. It only becomes racism when you choose to hate those people because of your lack of attraction.

• Good lord I'm so fucking sick of this. NO it is not racist. Google the definition of racism. It's "Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of another race on the basis of one race being superior to another" So NO it's not racist

• If you don't want to date a specific race you should really explore why that is. If you just find the features of that race less attractive than that's fine. It could however be because that race has been devalued in your society and you should reconsider.

• Nah, but can someone please tell GAG that no girl that gorgeous would kiss a nebbish like the guy in the picture?

• More from Guys
    74

What Girls Said 47

• no, its not racist unless you think that whites are the superior race and that you choose them as they are better than any other race and that they are inferior and must be dominated (or something along those lines, I looked up the definition of racism). So, no, your not racist, you just have a preference, like how some people like black haired, tall guys, or chubby red heads, or blonde guys with blue eyes or brunettes with brown eyes, etc. Its who you prefer to date, doesn't make you racist, its just what you define as attractive to you. Hope this helps :)

• I don't think it's racist if you just happen to date your own race, nothing wrong with it, as long as somebody does not OFFICIALLY OFFEND people in public and call them racist names being LITERALLY a racist, it's NOT..
    Everyone is free to date whoever they want to whatever color they want to. :)

• No.

I personally prefer the features of white men overall but I do find black men and women beautiful too. My sister in law is black and she is stunning.

It's not racist to have a preference.

I'm auntie to 2 beautiful mixed race children. I've found the whole process of mixed race children eye opening.
    When a mixed race child is born some have a pigment pocket on their back/bottom instead of it already spread. It looks like a nasty bruise. As they age the pocket breaks down. I've watched my two nieces go from white to coloured during their life. It's very interesting!

But your question, black people and white people have very different looks. There is nothing wrong with having a preference.

• i am a mixed woman. when i was a baby i looked white as hell and even my doctor (I have heart problems) wrote down that i was white. Now i have this natural tan skin tone with dark brown curly hair

• Yeah, both my nieces have gotten darker as they've aged. They started off white with what looked like a huge bruise on their backs - the doctors had to draw the shape of the pigment as proof that they weren't being beaten

• The only reason that'd be racist is if you didn't date other races because you thought you were better than them. Otherwise it's just a preference.

• Even your poll is racist. What does it matter of which race I am, when I'm answering the question? What is wrong with you?

• I'm just going to throw this out there..

There are 2.5x more latinos then there are blacks, wouldn't it make a shit load more sense to make a latinos their own yes / no poll and put blacks in the other poll instead? Also its not racist.

• Hell no its responsible.

• We all have individual ideas of what is attractive, who's to tell you otherwise what you should or shouldn't attract. I don't think it's racist.

• your question has 2 answers and that is yes and no regardless either your are black or white.. and all this depend on what you feel and act coz some people have white or black friends and they get along very well and are very close but its just that they feel attracted to white than black (or black than white) and one day they meet someone of different race and like them they won't hesitant to go out with them (coz they are not racist its just their preference and liking) but some people (the racist ones) they tend not to get involve with other race even socially (sometimes they force themselve) but the mere thought of them they feel disgust like what me and them no way (RACIST)
    i hope this answer your question and you will know which category you are😥(did i make sense coz am sleepy😴)

• I've messed around with majority of the rainbow. I personally don't care for my own race. I have a preference for white or black. This doesn't make me self-racist. Honestly, you like what you like. And to some, it's as simple as a cultural comfort thing.

• it actually depends on the reason , if it's because you think it's a inferior race , then yes it's racist , if it's because you are more attracted to white people then it's not. I'm white and I'm more attracted to white people, in my country there is only 10% of black population , maybe that influences me , but I could date a black man of course I don't mind

• No, it's just a personal preference. You might only be atttacted to a certain type of person, and that handful you've dated with that certain characteristic just so happen to be white- but that doesn't make you racist.

• Black and no it's not racist... as long as their reasons aren't racist

• My mom did not have any support from her family cuz they found out that i was mixed. she had raised me by herself (My birth father not in the picture) and she went into the army. The last guy that she had dated was a black male and my current step-father is black. i see no problem dating someone outside your race. though it did suck that my moms family didn't support her at the time i was born (94) so i dont have any problems cuz hey, i am white and black lol. And i dont see color. i see the personality

• No it isn't. People want to bully people into dating someone they dont want to. It is ridiculous. I think they do this just to make themselves feel good. They may have been rejected by another race.

• It's absolutely not racist to only want to date within your own race. That's crazy. Life is all about preference and if that is what you prefer then it is fine. Some people do it because they are scared of what other people might think, but whatever your reason is, it's not racist unless you are racist and you just don't like other races.

• No, that isn't racist. Racism is when you think a race is superior, not being attracted to a race.

• when you think of somebody of being inferior, because of their skin color, it is just as racist.

• @Muglintar That's what I said. But careful, even if you think that a race isn't attractive, that's till not racist. I find ''Nordic people'' ugly as fuck, but that isn't racist, I'm simply not attracted to them.

• Its not racist unless you have a reason for it. (For example, you won't date mexicans because they're mean. That would be racism sort of because you're discriminating against an entire race because of one judgement) It is close minded though if you refuse to even think outside of your preferences. You should always be open and willing to try new kinds of people even if its not typically what you're attracted to.

• Date whoever you want, I've been around the rainbow and it just so happens this guy is French white. Doesn't matter where he's from.

• I'm biracial and no it's not racist it's only racist if you're like "because other races are disgusting animals!" But I like black guys I've dated Latino African British American and Islander but they all had dark skin that's what I'm into be into what you're into

• no it is not

• It depends.
    If someone has everything you want in a SO but their a different race then that's pretty screwed up.

• No it's not racist. It's just a preference.

• No, everyone's allowed to have a preference.

• i dont think its racist, it's just what you prefer.

• No. Being racist means you're against a race. You just have racial preferences.

• Depends on the reason, if you don't date them cause it's just a preference, such as I don't want to date blonde guys, it's not racist. It's racist you don't want to date them cause you think you're better as a race and if you act racist.

• If you think it is then you must be racist. It doesn't matter if you want to date just within your race or outside. It only becomes racists when you talk down on other ethnics the reasons you don't date them.

• I don't think it's racist. It's just a preference

• No, you like what you like, you have a right to it.

• More from Girls
    17