Is it racist to only date within your own race?

For example if I only wanted to date white guys does that make me a racist?
  • I'm White --- Yes, it's racist
  • I'm White --- No, it's not racist
  • I'm Black --- Yes, it's racist
    Vote C
  • I'm Black --- No, it's not racist
    Vote D
  • I'm Asian/Other --- Yes, it's racist
    Vote E
  • I'm Asian/Other --- No, it's not racist
    Vote F
  • Not sure
    Vote G

48105

Most Helpful Guy

• If someone only wants to date within their own race, it COULD be racist. But it would only be racist if the reasons fit the definition of racist. Being a racist requires that someone show prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. So, if I only dated white women because I believed they were the superior race, that would be me racist. But, if I only dated white women because I was not attracted to black women, that would not make me a racist. We like what we like and we cannot invent chemistry. I've done relationship coaching for 10+ years and these are realities. No different from someone saying they are not attracted to short men or obese women.

Personally, I have dated all races but that is me.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• no, its not racist unless you think that whites are the superior race and that you choose them as they are better than any other race and that they are inferior and must be dominated (or something along those lines, I looked up the definition of racism). So, no, your not racist, you just have a preference, like how some people like black haired, tall guys, or chubby red heads, or blonde guys with blue eyes or brunettes with brown eyes, etc. Its who you prefer to date, doesn't make you racist, its just what you define as attractive to you. Hope this helps :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE