Who has gone mgtow on GAG? and why?

Would love to hear everyone's opinion on this currently since it has now been out a while and not new anymore. Are you a MGTOW? Were you and you decided it wasn't for you? Maybe you are thinking about this lifestyle choice...

Ladies let us know what you think about this lifestyle? Don't forget to smash that like button.. it's just my ego on the line HA

• I HAVE
    28%(8)29%(25)Vote30%(17)
  • I HAVEN'T YET BUT AM THINKING ABOUT IT
    3%(1)14%(12)Vote19%(11)
  • I WOULD NEVER GO MGTOW
    69%(20)57%(49)Vote51%(29)
Select a gender to cast your vote:
M. G. T. O. W – Men Going Their Own Way is a statement of self-ownership, where the modern man preserves and protects his own sovereignty above all else. It is the manifestation of one word: “No”. Ejecting silly preconceptions and cultural definitions of what a “man” is. Looking to no one else for social cues. Refusing to bow, serve and kneel for the opportunity to be treated like a disposable utility. And, living according to his own best interests in a world which would rather he didn’t.

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems to me that there are as many different definitions out there of what MGTOW means as there are definitions of what feminism means.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was MGTOW before there was a name for it.
    It was a reaction to female behaviour and the changing legal environment, in which it is too dangerous to form a relationship with a woman, or, in some places, even approach a woman. In Nottinghamshire, England, a man can be arrested on an Orwellian thought crime charge and serve prison time for simply saying hello to a woman. See:
    www.theguardian.com/.../nottinghamshire-police-count-wolf-whistling-hate-crime
    I have been hurt and fucked over by women in almost every imaginable way. I realise that I am far from alone in that experience. I decided that continued attempts to interact with women on that level were a form of self harm.
    Subsequent events showed that life and the gods had a perverse and dark sense of humour.
    When I was a teenager and then a 20-something I could almost not get a date, because I was not an 'exciting' bad boy.
    After 30, women began to come on to me. By the time that they and I turned 35 women were hitting on me. Even at what the younger people in this place may consider to be my somewhat advanced age, I am the target of more than a little female interest. The women who are doing the mating dance in front of me, at this time, range in age from 36 to 51.
    I have not touched a woman for 15 years and four months, as a matter of choice.
    Why?
    When I was young, women, as a collective, were not interested. After they hit the wall, women, as a collective, became very interested in me.
    How should I feel about that?
    What I see are former nightclub party princesses, for whom I would not have been 'fun' or 'exciting' enough when they and I were younger, who are looking for either a retirement plan or a man who they can asset strip in the Family Court after a couple of years of cohabitation and/or marriage.
    When a woman approaches me I feel used as a convenience (in a public toilet sort of way). I would not have been 'fun' or 'exciting' enough then, but I am good enough now that her range of options is dwindling due to the effect of the wall.
    Should I risk being hurt again?
    Should I take a 50 per cent risk (the current divorce rate) that any female with whom I form a relationship will steal everything that I have, which would leave me on a park bench in the rain?
    In December, last year, I weakened and allowed myself to be attracted to a woman. I was rejected, which is 100 per cent her right.
    If a dog is kicked often enough, it learns to stay away from the source of the pain.

• Carl I'd put my bottom dollar that you copy and paste these short comment essay's for future use lol

What Girls Said 12

• How someone chooses to live is up to them. I may not fully understand MGTOW, but... I don't have to. Good luck to the MGTOWers.

• All I can say is good luck to you.

I fully understand why people would go MGTOW. The courts are pretty biased against men.

• MGTOW is just a way for men to bitch, like how new feminism is a way for women to bitch. Stop bitching about how unfair the world is and solve these issues. I don't really care what others do with their lives so I'm not going to get onto people who join either movement. But that's my opinion

• offline, i've only met one guy who identified as mgtow. and it was scary shit: he blamed women for all of his problems and was so bitter that he regularly talked about murdering and mass-raping women because he couldn't get any.

and that's what most of the mgtow i've encountered online are like as well. bitter, violent, and would rather hurt someone than work on themselves.

• LMAO you're lying so hard.

• dangerous decisions*

• @Love_Is_Eternal Marriages today created by feminism that are based on emotional/irrational decision= highest divorce rate in human history.

Traditional marriages before was based on both logic and emotional decision making= Most marriages on average were successful.

Arrange Marriages that are based on pure logic and stability= Nearly all marriages are successful with little to no divorce.

• If a bunch of bitter dudes wanna remove themselves from the dating pool, that is fine by me! I'm no longer in the dating game anyways, but at least my friends who are still single will have a bit less bullshit to deal with :)

• sry but you're wrong. Most mgtow guys are still sleeping with women, we just avoid spending much money on them and avoid relationships and marriage.

• So like, I'm pretty sure this is just an online hermit thing, cuz I never hear anyone talk about this IRL.

• of course you won't hear about it in real life. most guys who are mgtow still sleep with women, we just avoid relationships. But if we talked openly about mgtow around women, our chances of sleeping with them would be drastically lower. I thought this would be common sense.

• I've only ever seen MGTOW online, so even if it's popular on GAG I don't think it's common IRL. I think its a silly movement. I think the guys into it, don't really mean it, since they focus on women so much.

• no hun trust me they mean it there just angry

• I can never know 100% for sure wheter a woman would sperm jack me, or if she really wants a kid or not, but i can make a very good educated guess based on my interactions with these girls and how they act and what they say. And so far its worked out fine as I've avoided any potential problems.

• How does it sound lonely? I'm not lonely, I'm just free from the BS dating gives me.

• I'm WGTOW. Because men are impossible tu please

• It's more of a "it'll never happen so why bother having hopes to let me down" type of deal.

It's much easier to give up than to keep waiting for something that was never meant for me

• Men are not hard to please... maybe you're just too fat.

• @Mrwoo99 lol i wish

• I can't because I'm not a man.

• It would be of help if I knew what MGTOW stood for. Since you didn't tell, I wouldn't know.

• I think it's for men who are secretly gay.

• No, but you wish it was.

• lol I sincerely hope not all MGTOW men are as illogical and biased as you are.

If so, I change my original post to it's for men who are stupid.

• Its you who are illogical and biased. Everything i said here was logical and based on fact, wheter i am biased or not doesn't change anything because the facts are out there for anyone to see, its just that biased stupid people like you refuse to see it because you would rather be in denial than admitting that you where in fact wrong.
      So no, mgtow is for smart straight men. its smarter for a man to be mgtow compared to a man who wants to get married because of reasons i have already explained.

• If I was a man, I probably wouldn't join. I'd acknowledge the fact that the courts are more favourable of women in terms of custody and divorce, but I wouldn't withdraw from having relationships altogether. Any relationship for both men and women have the potential of going bad, sometimes these things are out of our control, but life is about experiences, learning lessons, and making meaningful friendships and relationships. I wouldn't sacrifice that part of life just because I'm afraid of getting hurt or screwed over, I'd just be cautious, selective, and smart about my relationships. Honestly, I probably wouldn't get married and I'd probably get a vasectomy as well. There are ways to protect yourself without completely avoiding women, I think that's childish. Sometimes MGTOW can seem like a bunch of babies to me.

• you seem to have failed to understand, most mgtow guys dont avoid women completely. We still date them and sleep with them when we get the opportunity. But we are careful, and use condoms and avoid relationships and marriage. Feminists are the ones who are always acting like babies.

• @alphadoggystyle Yeah but you personally what do you do to get sex? Myself I just sleep with whores.

• @Mrwoo99 i use tinder and i get quite a lot of dates and casual sex from that. Im quite good-looking and masculine in appearance, so its not that hard. The most i will spend on these women is maybe buying them dinner at one occasion. But only if we have talked for a while and I'm certain of her interest level, after i have banged them for a couple of times and i get tired i dump them. Sometimes they suspect I'm only after sex and stop responding to me, but then i just move on to the next woman.
      I have also bought prostitutes at some occasions, but i mostly do that when I'm traveling abroad to other countries. Sometimes i do it at home too because I save a lot of time and can fuck a 10 for no effort, but it would get too expensive to get all the sex from only escorts.

What Guys Said 28

• No intention to date anytime soon - yes.
    Whining like a kid about how unfair the world is - no.
    If people would spend as much time in solving their issues as they do in bitching and finding others to bitch in groups, the world will become a heaven.

• I have educated myself about MGTOW but I'm not a part of it. Neither do I fully agree with them with everything.

• I would never go MGTOW.

• I'm not MGTOW. But they have the right idea towards relationship; Throwing away marriage/cohabitation is the smartest option for men.

• Well we are discriminated against... even in dating.

• Well you can't exactly walk away from dating because a mans primal need is to have sex which is part of is health. What can a man do? In US prostitution is illegal also so he even can't do that. Obviously men won't die but lack of sex can cause mental and physical health problems. Go research it...

• @Mrwoo99 Ik that, but who gives a fuck about it being illegal? You're better off paying escorts, than having a LT girlfriend, it's much cheaper if you think about it.

If escorts aren't your thing, that's cool. No one said you have to date, you can have FWBs, there are even swinger websites if you really need it. My point is: it IS a man's primal need to have sex, but there's other ways to get it than enter a relationship.

• I can only think of someone here that is an EX-MGTOW: @Unit1.

I'm a "Single For Lifer and Childfree", at least that's the label I make for myself, MGTOW doesn't fit for me. I would want to be friends with and follow ANY user that is part of either the "Single For Life" and/or "Childfree" crowds here at GAG, REGARDLESS of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, blah, blah, etc.

• I don't identify with MGTOW but I find the core message valid.
    I value one's own sovereignty over anything and I find men who are so insecure about their own masculinity that they are willing to conform to societal standards, that do nothing but villainize and exploit them, to the point where they not only violate their own integrity but challenge the integrity of those who actually have it by saying things like "MGTOW are whiny victims" for it is easier to reflect than accept your own utter lack of dignity - as sad and pathetic.

• I never was an MGTOW officially, but I had a messed up life growing up, and didn't even get into dating until my twenties. I didn't hate women, or anything like that. I kind of thought that they just wouldn't want me anyway, so I just went my own way and didn't even try connecting with them. At the same time, I was getting some shit from peers, who thought I was some kind of faggot or pussy, just because I wasn't out scoring with girls. Eventually, I did do some growing up, and started connecting with women.

• Just like me, pal.
      High school is a fucking battlefield, a prison with mandatory conviction regardless of innocence.

• For what I see that's just dudes who went full retards, they don't want to marry and make a sort of community/logo on that concept... wtf? I don't know man, live your life as you want to live it no need to tag yourself with some bullshit like you are a member of a gang : "oh, I'm a MGTOW"

• Maybe MGTOW on the back of a jean jacket would look good? No? LOL

• never say you have made it, I just enlight that it is an empty concept in my opinion.

• That's cool... just saying it's not my concept!

• MGTOW is the poster child of an individual with issues that they never take responsibility for.

Instead, they play the victim card

• I hate it. The guys who join MGTOW are extremely closed-minded in my opinion, because they act as if they have no control over their relationships so they abandon them all together. It's a very self-disempowering philosophy.

• What do you mean no control

• @Mrwoo99 the simplest way I can put it is that they run from relationships instead of doing what they need to do in order to grasp the reins.

• Well men dont have legal control in relationships. Men will always risk false rape, alimony, child support, have kids taken away and half of his assets/resources/money taken from him. Until the laws of that change I'm not cohabiting with a woman.

• Most real mgtowers are men who habe been serioulsy hurt or screwed over in the past. The younger , less experienced guys, who follow, usually dont quite have their heart in it and i bet that the right , cyte or hot woman eould easily get him back.

I have known quite an amount of horrible women, but , i haven't quite given up on marriage. I do want to have a wife and kids. Even now, i know that thats what would make me happy.
    So i can't give up on it. Willing to take the risk. Besides im kinda good at weeding out bad females, so ill probably be alright.

• I won't go MGTOW, I like the pleasure of women too much.

• Never. MGTOW's are incredibly annoying and narcissistic.

• I share the MGTOW ideas but I'm not bitter towards women. So what if I like being my own person and doing what I want to do. I'm open to relationships but I'm very closed minded on who I want to be interested in. Freedom is nice but not at the expense of treating women like shit.

Why not become friends with girls?

• MGTOW do not 'treat women like shit'.
      We refuse to become the disposable economic support units of women.
      Those strong independent women can do it for themselves.

• @cth96190 I guess girls just see this as the male equivalent to feminism but i completely disagree. You are just tired of giving out and being used by horrible women. It's just an individualistic view to save yourself from getting hurt.

• am not and would never go mgtow

• Nah if feels too much like quitting to me. It feels like abandoning unforeseen opportunities at any given time. That isn't how I live my life. I never surrender anything.

• Not me. That movement has nothing to do with me.

• Same here bro, same here. I believe in if relationships or marriage isn't for you then don't bother. Same for children and having kids. There's really no need to hate, blame, belittle the opposite gender frequently or constantly, geez. If they want to vent their frustrations with the opposite gender I can understand, but being like that 24/7 all year round constantly, c'mon...

• @JudgmentDay Yes but that's easy for us to say. I'm not sure I'd be so calm if I had my children taken from me, was imprisoned, falsely accused, was the victim of paternity fraud or discovered my children weren't mind. It is very easy for those of us that haven't suffered to dismiss their anger. No one is forcing us to listen to their 24/7 rants either.

• i am probably the most pure Mgtow all of you have talked to. the thing is the term "mgtow" is an online thing.

Ask what you want but don't cry when I bust you some knowledge.

• id never go mgtow i like women too much and they like me <3

• Sure but besides sex... what is there? Whiny, mind gaming and drama.
      Not to mention the financial, time and energy drain

• Not me, I think guys in MGTOW are plain stupid

• @Mrwoo99 I think they are guys who lack a social life and maybe blame women for all of their problems. Seriously, have they talk to women in their life?

• Four girls have gone MGTOW! Smh

• I'm normal, so I'll never be a part of that.

• NOOOOOOOOO never male version of feminism

my god wants us together not separated

• It's a possibility in the future i'd turn to this, but I highly doubt I will.

• Yes I am cuz girls are worthless fake lover

• I think they're basement dwellers who only talk to their mothers

I was never one or never would be

• So many betas in the response who think slandering a movement that has their better interest in heart to pander to women is the way to go.