My boyfriend asked me to pay for drink?

We have dated for 2 months.

He lives in the other city so we only can meet during the weekend.

But not all weekend.

Yesterday we went to theater and pubs.

He paid for the movie and first drinks.

Then he asked me “How about paying for next drink?”

my ex boyfriends never asked me to pay.

But i paid at a cafe or somewhere for our date with my exs.

Actually i dont understand my boyfriend well.

1015

What Guys Said 15

• You should break up because you obviously are selfish and think of him as an ATM.
    Two months and you haven't paid for anything yet?
    Pretty easy to tell that he is just an ATM in your relationship.

• do you need to join a support group for this trauma?

• You should be fair when dating and share expenses. Why should he pay all the time? It should be close to 50/50.

• If you're argument is that he gets "sex" or anything like that in return and that justifies him paying always. That makes you a prostitute in a way

• Stop being selfish and cheap. If I was your boyfriend I would end the relationship. It's about team work not one sucking anther's personal resources. it's different when women didn't work but women can plenty of money now.

• Um. Pay for the bloody drinks. Are you serious? This feels like an obvious troll post.

• It's an equality thing! If he wants you to step up in the relationship to prove that you are actually invested into it.

• And rightfully so. Why do us men have to pay for everything all the time.

• It's just a drink that's not a big deal.

• Halfing it seems fair

• okay

• What's weird about this? You should be able to provide for yourself and him as well

• Just testing the waters to see if the relationship is really mutual.

Cost of all the posts of mytakes of women feeling as though they are indebted and deserve automatically to have everything paid for them. Which by the way is a very low standard to live by as it just renders dating that woman or girl to be no better than getting an escort.

• It's not fair that he should have to pay for it all. He wants equality. As it should be. Even if you bought a round, he's still paid for more than you have so far.

• Would you like directions to the nearest safe space?

What Girls Said 10

• Seems more than reasonable to me. He enjoys your company but doesn't want to bankroll the entire thing.

• I don't see what your problem is? I pay sometimes, he pays sometimes, whoever has money at the time pays. If we're broke we stay home. I'll take him out for dinner because he's worth it and he takes me out to dinner because I'm worth it to him. Give and take is not a hard concept.

• Then pay? He's fine

• Well why not? :0 the man shouldn't have to pay for everything! Maybe he would like his girl to pay for him too a few times here n there. I love to splurge on my boyfriend ! There will be days where I want to fully pay, and same with him. And days where we split it. Fair enough right?

• Is he supposed to pay for everything? Is he rich? I think everything should be shared, including finances. If you expect your boyfriend to put you on a pedestal and provide everything you want, you're dreaming.

• If he paid for the movie and first drinks then yeah, pay for the next! It's not like he asked you to pay for the whole date.

• pay then

• I don't know im from a cultural background and the guy pays for everything and its not that i dont have the money but i prefer if the guy pays. It turns me off espeacialy if he is cheap.

• Dump him, he should be paying.

• He should pay for the movie/meal if you're going out, and you should pay for drinks/coffee. He's a boyfriend, not a bank. In fact it won't be bad if you offer to buy him a drink rather than him asking you to pay for it.
    But you should never pay for the main thing (meal/movie etc)