What do you think about judging a woman on her sexual past as a factor for her desirability as a partner? Good or bad? Explain?

834

Most Helpful Girl

• This will be an unpopular opinion coming from my gender, but I think it's good.

It benefits us greatly to evaluate our potential partners and ensure that they have the qualities we deem desirable. This is an intimate relationship--someone you're going to be vulnerable around, and whom you're trusting to NOT exploit your vulnerabilities.
    Does that mean they have to be perfect? No. But, it does mean that you have the right to make an informed decision as to whether your partner is right for you.

I have to stress something here, though: when I say it's right to judge, I mean that within the context of making an INFORMED decision--that means you don't look at things in a vacuum; you don't fixate yourself on one or two aspects of the person--no, you look at multiple variables and how they interact with each other.

With regards to sexual history, for example, you don't want to just look at the number of her past partners and leave it at that. Take into account other factors, such as the distribution of her partners, the type of relationship in which they occured, etc.
    The point of making this kind of judgment is not to be a critical over-analyzer. It's to gain a greater understanding of the bigger picture--in this case, your partner's character.

As much as people want to deny it, behavioural history--and that includes sexual history--has been shown to correlate with future behaviours and outcomes. (I can cite here, if you like).
    It's not an unreasonable factor to take into account when evaluating a potential partner.
    The only way it becomes unreasonable is when you freak out when they, in turn, evaluate you.

• That was honestly so well written and couldn’t have put it better even if I tried. You’re a beautiful woman Quintessence, but I actually think your intelligence and communication skills are the best qualities about you easily.

• @Quintessence Thanks for sharing your thoughts! You nail it with your so well writen post, that is the most insightful thing I've ever read about the matter.

• This is a great answer.