Taking it slow without losing her interest?

Her brother in law gave me advice to take things slow. Hang in group settings and if you get to a point where you want to take her on dates it would be best to talk to her dad. I am game with all of that. But what is the best way to "take it slow"?

Could texting lead her on? Or is that a safe way to show interest without spilling my feelings? Is there a better way to show her my interest while getting to know her? I am planning group events and stuff but man I just want to get to know her better...

Thoughts?

01