I cheated on my girlfriend, but she forgave. But she is still mad that I did that to her. How do I tell her how sorry I am?

Like I understand that I hurt her really, really bad, and I am extremely lucky that she forgave me. I also understand that she loves me a lot because she was willing to give me a second chance. But that doesn’t mean that she’s forgotten what I’ve done. This week everything was good, we talked/ FaceTimed everyday (because I’m out on vacation), but then today when I was having lunch, she was good for a second, but the next she told me that she’s stalking the girl I’m cheating on her with and started saying that I’m trashy and stuff. She said that she was still mad at me for cheating on her. I tried reassuring her a lot but she’s not having it.
I tried texting her.
I don’t know what to do
I cheated on my girlfriend, but she forgave. But she is still mad that I did that to her. How do I tell her how sorry I am?I cheated on my girlfriend, but she forgave. But she is still mad that I did that to her. How do I tell her how sorry I am?

67

Most Helpful Girl

• Look, it's good that you recognize you mad a mistake and that you are lucky she gave you a second chance. So, I see two points in this situation.
    1.- You need to be patient with her. If she had cheated on you, you don't know how you would have reacted. She feels insecure and it's going to take her time to fully get back to normal, if that ever happens. So you need to be patiend and understanding.
    2.- Even though you made a horrible mistake, you have apologized and she decided to forgive you. If you guys want to work things out and if you have any hope at all to make it work, she needs to really let it go. It must be incredibly hard for her, but if she really wants to move on, she can't keep bringing it up anymore. If she doesn't begin to trust you again or tries to move on, things are not going to work out.
    If I were you I would told her point 2 in a very loving and supportive way.

Most Helpful Guy

• The solution is simple, but definitely not easy. Understand that you alone have the power to prove how trustworthy you are in light of recent events. On the other hand, she alone has the power determine how much she trusts you again. The best thing you can do is give it your best, give it time, and let her come around on her own. And if you don't think that her love is worth all that, then just save you both some time and frustration.