Why is being single looked down upon?

80129

Most Helpful Girl

• "Being looked down upon"?
    OK, no doubt that "having" a a boyfriend or girlfriend is a social or cultural expectation. Is it a realistic expectation though? Absolutely not. People drift in and out of relationships as a normal course of life. Family and kin are possible exceptions to this if they are supportive of you as an individual... in other words they support you whether you are hooked up or not. The only big deal about this expectation is how it affects your self-esteem. If you feel “bad” or “less worthy” for not having a mate then, my friend, you have work to do on yourself….. the psychological kind. Get some perspective with a therapist or listen to audio books that deal with this.. You might start out with Dr. Wayne Dyer’s “Your Erroneous Zones.” It’s on You Tube.

Most Helpful Guy

• tell me about it..

This is what happens every time i go with my married friends, their wives give me the look as if i was a lost puppy, and the guys give me the lucky look.

and when i say i chose to be single because i do suck in any relationship, they all stare at me.