I cheated on my boyfriend... should I let him know?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Just break up with him
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Let the one who never sinned cast the first stone...

Lets leave the judgements and blame aside for one second and look at this realistically. You fucked up, ok, that just happened. Here are your options:
    -Don't tell him. Try your best to be faithful and hide it from him. Your conscience will betray you, the secret you keep from him will drive you apart. He WILL know. I guarantee you that he will figure it out even if no one tell him. And you will not be able to fix it once he does figure it out by himself. It will be 150% over. He will probably hate your guts and cut you out completely and for good. Probably.
    -You tell him and break up. Its gonna hurt. Its gonna be hard. If there's any chance left for your relationship, maybe by doing this you can figure it out. There's no guarantee but this is your only shot at saving what you may have.
    -You don't tell him and break up. He will figure it out and the result and the result will be the same as the first option.

So that's what you can do about your situation.

Additionally there's a few things I would recommend you do. Figure out WHY you cheated. This is important. If you want a happy life, you will need to work on yourself to figure it out.
    Are you self destructive? Are you promiscuous and didn't want to admit it to yourself? Are you not actually in love with him? Why did you do it?
    Figure it out. If you don't there's a good chance you won't learn anything and it will happen again. It will hurt you as much as it hurts the people you are with, and you won't have a chance to be happy.

3|3
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • the why is a biggie. no healthy emotionally stable person feels the need unless long neglected and mistreated which wasn't the case here

• Show All
    • This is a bull shit question. I sense this girl is a queen bee trying to stir up controversy for attention. The survey says: tell him. And she picks the two opinions that give her an out to not do the opposite.

@sarah009991 Don't ask for advice if you won't listen to it. I suspect there are a number of cheaters in here. This is why you are stuck as outcasts.

• And the result and the result will be the same as the first option.

So much truth he said it twice for you.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 59

• Well duh? What do you think? He's not your boyfriend while you're lying to him. You don't have the right to call him that. He's just some guy you are stabbing in the back. Get some balls and be honest, or at least break up with him and allow him to be with someone who treats him better.

2|4
    0|0
  • Yeah, tell him so he has the chance to dump you. Don't expect anyone to have sympathy for you either, there is absolutely no excuse for cheating, it is unforgivable. Only doing it the one time and no matter how regretful you may feel makes no difference, once a cheater, always a cheater.

3|2
    0|0
  • What the hell is up with woman like you? What is so wrong with your marriage that makes you want to cheat or have an affair? Why are you in the relationship in the first place then if you have those kinda intentions? Girls like that really fuck up some really good guys out there. Ever wonder why some guys are complete assholes? That goes both ways.

2|2
    0|0
  • It might be nice. It may not have dawned on you that he cares about you. You may wish to ask yourself how you would feel if the shoe is was on the other foot.

At a minimum, you might show him what you are and that you see him as not your boyfriend - which is for you a term of convenience and not a word with any meaning behind it - but as just another toy to play with.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes... and then proceed to break up with him. I don't know what kind of guy he is. He may not be worthy of you, he may not deserve anything good. But no one who cheats can ever claim the high ground or claim they are justified in doing so.

1|2
    0|0
  • It depends. Would telling him do more harm that good? Will it likely affect his health? Are you considering telling him to alleviate your guilt, and lay the burden of the situation on him? Are you determined not to cheat on him again? Have there been other incidents of you cheating on him? These are the kinds of questions you need to ask yourself.

1|0
    1|0
  • Yeah tell him so he can dump you like the trash you are.

4|5
    1|0
  • Telling home will lead to a breakup anyway... so either tell him and eventually break up, or don't tell him and continue the relationship.

If u choose to not tell him, u need to do some soul searching and find out why you cheated

1|1
    0|0
  • You stupid ass cunt ! GODDAMMIT you need to have your ass beaten to a pulp ! You're a vile POS and I hope you burn in hell !

4|3
    0|0
    • Hey whore, yes bitch I condescending to talk to you. I hope he cheats back on you and crushes your sorry ass self like the cockroach that you are, you are one vile POS and I hope he finds out, rest assured he will, aND WHEN HE DOES HE BEATS YOUR SORRY ASS TO WITHIN AN INCH OF YOUR LIFE. aND THEN GET A GANGSTER LIKE ME to hunt down the guy you cheated with, kick his ass, cut his balls and dick off , shove them in his mouth and dump him on your front porch. I hate you and cunts like you. Bitch, I hope you did a slow painful death.

• Oh jeez just the way you worded the question makes me think you don't really care just break up with him and if you do care then try talking it out tell him why you did it and see if you can come to a solution and hope HOPE he forgives you good luck your gonna need it

1|0
    0|0
  • Shame...

3|3
    0|0
  • Hmm, well do you still want to be with him or do you think you want to move on from him?

2|0
    0|0
  • You should probably just break up with him. Is there a specific reason you are chatting

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes absolutely. Let him know. Then, see what he does. Don’t be surprised though if he breaks up with you, because you absolutely deserved that

1|2
    0|0
  • Ask yourself: Did what happened affect your feelings for your boyfriend? Do you like/love him any less? Yes? Then tell him, and likely break up with him. No? Then keep it to yourself. There's no reason why it should affect your relationship and end it unless you want it to.

0|0
    0|4
  • Breaking up with him and hooking up with your cheatee is the easy way out.

If you can find it in yourself to not cheat ever again, and work on rebuilding broken trust (because you "made a huge mistake and you were drunk and you love this guy"), then tell him before someone else does or he finds it out from your guilty conscience.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're the lowest of the low. Well done. Tell him so he can dump you and find someone that has a set of morals.

2|1
    0|0
  • Why did you cheat? Clearly there's something that's not working out in the relationship so just break up with him. That'll be the best for both of you and he can find someone loyal.

2|2
    0|0
    • I actually think he should be given the choice on whether or not to continue the relationship since he was the one that was betrayed.

• Tell him you and him aren't meant to be and that it's over. Like as soon as you can, now would be a great time.

by the way, don't be a cunt.

2|0
    0|0
  • What do you think? Of course you have to let him know, he deserves to know the truth. Than break up and continue your thottery.

1|4
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 32

• You should tell him and then part company. This relationship is going nowhere. There were NO excuses for cheating, whatever happened. Cheating is NEVER the answer.

My guess is, though, that you will not have the guts to tell him!

0|4
    0|0
    • If he's lucky, at a minimum the bitch won't miss whatever life she was sucking out of him and come back to do it again. That's the best he could hope for at this point. If you don't tell him, please, at a minimum, stay away and go find another life to F'k up. I know exactly your type of selfishness. It deserves the worst treatment because you know you're a whore and own it proudly.

• Break up and don’t tell him you cheated. Clearly your heart isn’t in the relationship so you’re better off just leaving him. And instead of dropping this bomb on him that will crush his self-esteem and potentially ruin his trust in other people (i. e. you’ll ruin his future relationships), do him a favor and don’t tell himz

1|1
    0|5
    • minus the z. Should have been a period.

• Show All
    • @TheUglyMan yeah because cheaters go around with a message on their forehead that says "I'm a cheater"? Your opinion is irrelevant, Ugly Man.

• Nope I mean the partner of the cheater should know lol.

• Telling him the truth and you initiating a break up are two separate decisions.

You need to tell him. It's completely unfair to him and makes your entire relationship seem like a lie of you don't. Besides if he found out some other way it would hurt him a lot more.

If you are honest with your self and feel like you cheated because you're not entirely happy with the relationship and want to break up, then you need yo tell him that too.

You need to be completely honest with him... dont just leave him to try and figure it out for himself coz that will mentally torment him. It may be harsh but he will appreciate it.

You've made a mistake but you're not a horrible person... what you do from now will impact that. Good luck (: x

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes, I'd let him know. It's his choice now whether you two stay together or not. Let's hope after this you don't do that again.

1|1
    0|0
  • You should tell him, it's his choice whether he chooses to forgive you or not, but seeing as you still love him, can I know why you did it?

But overall, even if he dumps you or doesn't you should tell him

1|0
    0|0
  • Just break up with him, say things aren't working out so he can find someone better.
    It's a waste of time to continue being with someone you're not loyal to. Why bother being in a relationship if you're going to cheat?

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him, You were bold enough to cheat, don't get scared now.

1|2
    0|0
  • You should definetely tell him. Then its up to him either to forgive you or to breakup.

1|1
    0|0
  • The truth will come out eventually so you may as well tell him sooner than him finding out later.
    Then let him decide what he wants to do.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes you should tell him and accept the consequences that either he will break up with you or if he does stay, he will have a hard time trusting you.

0|1
    0|0
  • He deserves to know regardless of the consequences. If he decides to forgive you or leave you, that's up to him.

1|2
    0|0
  • You can’t let a lie become part of the relationship. tell him.

0|3
    0|0
  • Uh.. at least you're honest.
    That being said; Scumbag move. Why would you cheat on him?

1|1
    0|0
  • Are you an idiot?
    Tell him what you did. Hope he leaves your cheating ass.

1|1
    0|0
  • Break up with him as you obviously are bored with him

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously. Then, at least I'd hope, he'll dump you

0|4
    0|0
  • Is he good in bed? No= tell him. Yes= don't

2|1
    4|9
  • Yes..