What’s the difference between a fuckboy and a fwb?

I’m confused as to why FB is so derogatory and what the difference is with a fwb? I have two friends with benefits and I know them well enough to realize they’re actually really sweet guys. All of us have gotten out of some long term relationships and aren’t going for anything serious atm. Why is having fun bad?
Updates:
I saw. Some girls question about fuckboys and then I realized I don’t know what one is. I only date guys or have friends with benefits but my friends with benefits are like guys I’ve gotten to know and are nice guys. So my question is what are fuckboys? What makes a guy a fuck boy? And if girls don’t like they why don’t they raise their standards I’m confused
Sorry for my typos

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You definitely have a huge confusion between the terms. An friends with benefits is a relationship with a mutual understanding that there is no real "relationship". You two have sex, you two hang out, but you aren't mutually exclusive and it's understood that catching feelings for each other is highly not allowed.

A fuckboy is a guy who leads on women and uses them for sex without ever committing to a relationship. He uses his looks, charm, whatever to get women and typically the friends of the various women he plays all know that she's getting used. However, he has enough manipulation and player skills to keep his women in line.

The two aren't the same at all because in the former, both parties know exactly what the relationship is all about while in the latter, the guy is straight up manipulating and using the girl for his own enjoyment.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow! Did you know that GAG auto-expands "FwB"? You midwest developers sure are clever! ;-)

• Show All
    • I wonder why they didn't auto-expand it in your original question. I wonder if they look for that specific capitalization that I used, namely F w B. Hmm... friends with benefits friends with benefits.

• Haha yeah I just typed it out so maybe that’s why lol

• Fuck boys are dudes that only are into a girl for sex and that's it. They will go from girl to girl just for sex, that's a fuck boy. But not sure what a friends with benefits is

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s why I’m trying to figure out if they’re the same thing. I have friends with benefits, one is basically just a guy I talk to every day, we don’t hook up anymore but we flirt a lot. Then I have another guy that I hang out with and we hook up but it’s very casual. So I’m confused if they are fuckboys too? And if so why is that bad?

• Show All
    • Okay gotcha! 😊

• Thank you so much I never knew what a fuckboy was like most people that use the word don't know what it means. It's like the definition changes with whoever is using it.

• The question and your explanation doesn't make sense

0|0
    0|0
    • What about it doesn’t make sense?

• I’m just asking what the difference is and why FBs have such a negative connotation I don’t understand what they are

• And people post about fuck boys like they’re horrible and I just don’t understand what they even are?

Recommended myTakes