My boyfriend gets extremely Jealous over Kpop idols. What should I do?

Okay so my ex got really jealous over every little thing and I never told him about my love for kpop. And my new boyfriend told me in the beginning of our relationship that he's fine with me loving kpop. I love various kpop groups. Wanna One. GOT7. BTS. Jay Park. Black Pink. Red Velvet. Big Bang. 2NE1, etc... So I trusted him. Once in a while I would geek out in front of him but I really controlled myself. Anyways recently (the past month) he's been getting really jealous especially with male idol groups like BTS. And a couple weeks ago I told him that im going to south korea for a couple months to study abroad for school and he got so upset he accused me of cheating on him with male kpop idols and said "you're probably gonna dump me for Jungkook or cheat on me with other idols you love so much". (Ive had these Eduaction plans long before i met him) then he stopped talking to me for a week. he's starting to behave a lot like my ex. I never post about kpop groups or fangirl around him. And recently he's been sending me videos of my male idols to see how I'll react in front of him. If i blush he goes ballistic and it's so hard to keep my cool. I dont know what I should do or how i should handle this. I'm thinking of just breaking up with him cause he's making me feel guilty about loving certain things.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't blame him. K-pop fangirls in general are downright sociopathic with their boyfriends, and their ability to differentiate between the real world and romantic fantasy land is.. dubious at best.

How is the relationship between you two specifically? Do you think about him as passionately and lust after him as much as or more then these idols? Or do they spark more desire in you, and your boyfriend's just the more "realistic" choice?

• Depends. I absolutely love kpop and some of the idols are super attractive but unless you're insane (which yes a ton of kpop fans tend to be) you should be fine. Though blushing over an idol like she does definetly shows signs of an insane fan

• He'll sit right next to me and send me pictures of a kpop idol shirtless. Of course that would make me embarrassed. I'm sure anyone else would blush by seeing their celeb crush shirtless or posing sexy.

• No. Normal people don't develop that much of a crush on a celebrity. I find a lot of them attractive but I could care less if I see the topless or any of those things. My boyfriend loves messing with me and doing this and he gets nothing out of me cause I don't care, they're dudes topless nothing special. What's special is my guy not random celebrities

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him idols aren't allowed to date. And if they do they tend to sleep with other idols. Not normal people