If you’re on a first date and she doesn’t offer to pay, are you turned off?

Would you date her again?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends
    Vote C
  • Results
    Vote D

23145

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest and I know this will sound shitty. I absolutely expect a man to pay for the first date. It would turn me off if he wanted me to pay half.
    Reason being is, I've never asked a man out, I've always been the one asked out. If you ask me out then I feel you should pay for the date.
    Now I don't expect to go to some five star restaurant and end up with a 300 dollar bill. I'm more than happy going somewhere really casual where the bill is 20/30 dollars.
    However, after the first date I have no problem paying half or he pays for dinner and I pay for the movie or whatever.
    I think after the first date it's more than reasonable to split things.
    I'm not a prostitute and he's not an ATM. I shouldn't expect him to pay for everything just like he should expect me to have sex anytime he snaps his fingers.
    The goal in dating is a long term relationship which is a partnership. It's not much of a partnership if you're unwilling to take on some of the responsibilities.

• So does that mean if he wants to have sex on the first date you let him? Because that is what I'm getting from this. You expect him to pay on the first date and act traditional but after that you will split things. So guess that mean on the first date if he pays then you're ok with him demanding sex from you? I didn't think so.

You are a hypocrite. You expect men to treat you like you are special because you are a women when it is in your favor but when it is your turn to play a more traditional role you don't want to go with it. You're literally asking for special treatment. The best thing is your last line shows how hypocritical you are. "It's not much of a partnership if you're unwilling to take on some of the responsibilities." Which is exactly what you are doing avoiding responsibilities in a relationship ie paying your share of the date. Let me guess you call yourself a strong independent woman too?

• Gosh ur pathetic.. u really are u have to be insane to come up with ur logic.. 10$ im cheapp. No your cheap for not wanting to pay.. most sit down restraunts is 10-15 as on first dates ur normally not going out to a super nice place.. i dont think my time is more valuable i actually dont think that at all. I was raised that the man works and the woman stays at home n raises the kids.. i am old fashioned im 35yrs old and every date i have ever beem on in my entire life the guy has always paid.. even when i did offer at times.. only 1 did a guy ask me to go dutch.. which i ovetlooked because i wanted to give him a shot but then he started whining about 5$ in gas and that i needed to drive my own car to his house which proves my point.. men like that dont want to put forth any effort at all.. and thats not my type.. you are outnumbered if you haven't looked throuvh this thread almost all men say they pay.. so im not the minority here u are and ur attitude..

• @leolioneye you're right about everything you said

Most Helpful Guy

• I read an article a while back from a woman about who should pay on the first date. The article writer was actually writing about herself and her first date that she had the other night. Long story short... they had a great time and the date lasted like 4 hours. Problem was they had a really really good time and the bill came to $130.00. The man said wow hey want to split this with me? The writer said sure no problem. They split the bill. I wish the story ended there but it didn't. She continued with the story by saying she got really turned off by him asking to split the bill. She got so turned off that she ended up ghosting him. LOL if guys are expected to foot the bill like this they won't get very far in their search for love.. they will go broke though. My advice.. first dates should always be coffee dates or similar.