In dating , what's the difference between being friendly/accessible and being clingy/needy?

How do you draw a line and notice a difference?

When getting to know someone initially, at what point does being friendly/accessible and making an effort transgress into clinginess/neediness?

78

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if you want someone around you wouldn't use those words. If you don't like them so much you are going to say they are needy and clingy.

I for one don't care anymore if you think I'm needy or clingy because it's too hard to determine the line. I think when the guy is right for me we will both be available to each other and want to be around each other as well as want to be just as affectionate. Not saying it will be perfect just that our compatibility will negate the desire to use those terms.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you resolve this problem or concern by establishing expectations. "How often would you like for us to get together? Weekly? Okay. Let's go out on Saturday night. If you want to get together some other time, just give me a call and we can probably work something out. Otherwise, I*'ll see you Saturday night."