In dating , what's the difference between being friendly/accessible and being clingy/needy?

How do you draw a line and notice a difference?

When getting to know someone initially, at what point does being friendly/accessible and making an effort transgress into clinginess/neediness?

In dating , what's the difference between being friendly/accessible and being clingy/needy?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if you want someone around you wouldn't use those words. If you don't like them so much you are going to say they are needy and clingy.

I for one don't care anymore if you think I'm needy or clingy because it's too hard to determine the line. I think when the guy is right for me we will both be available to each other and want to be around each other as well as want to be just as affectionate. Not saying it will be perfect just that our compatibility will negate the desire to use those terms.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you resolve this problem or concern by establishing expectations. "How often would you like for us to get together? Weekly? Okay. Let's go out on Saturday night. If you want to get together some other time, just give me a call and we can probably work something out. Otherwise, I*'ll see you Saturday night."

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It depends on the individuals and the type of relationship both of them create
    I am a person who need a lot of space and time alone or just in silence and if my partner do this for me this would be great
    Its okey to be clingy and needy sometimes, if you are not it means you don't need the other person
    But everything is life should be balanced, or at least we can try to balance it

0|1
    0|0
  • Needy Clingy wants you to spend all your non work time with them, must see and talk text every day!!! I set boundaries at the start, that I have a busy life lots of friends, family, framily, clients, that take up a lot of time I do set aside two to three days week for my guy now some weeks we get together more. He's also very busy, we are perfect for one another!!!

0|1
    0|0
  • I think a person becomes clingy when they start demanding your attention when they don't have it, and aren't making the most of it when they do have it.

3|2
    0|0
  • I've always lived with partners at least after a week or so. So I've always had contact pretty much whenever I'm not working just normal for me.
    I think it would always be ok if both people want the same kinda contact.

I dated a girl once where contact was basically only a phone call a day and seeing each other occasionally. Felt single to be honest so slept around

0|1
    0|0
  • I dunno the difference, but I do know that I am clingy and needy and that I prefer clinginess and neediness in a partner.

0|1
    0|0
  • Needy and clingy means you get on my nerves and if you get kidnapped I'd tell them to keep you. Friendly and accessible means I like you and you have a special place in my heart.

0|1
    0|0
  • when being in a relationship with said person feels like a chore, or a bother.

0|2
    0|0
  • Always want to talk or text and needs you for this or that. Like chill the hell out.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like to say, 'never stick your dick in BSC.' :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know I’m clingy and needy

0|1
    0|0
  • No difference

0|1
    0|0
  • It's the digital era everyone is paranoid

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know and idc!