Be honest, what's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone?

Be honest, what's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone?
Updates:
It's interesting seeing the different definitions of shallow being applied here. Some of the reasons listed aren't at all shallow in my opinion.

1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably doesn't take care of herself. Lazy on hygiene - never wears deodorant, never cleans her hair... NO makeup EVER... never dresses up... probably if she had really dark noticeable facial hair, and never took care of it. I don't expect constantly shaved legs, etc, but I'd want to go for someone at least a LITTLE feminine.

Probably being morbidly fat/obese. I know men and women who are older tend to grow into that... but if I didn't know her FIRST before she was heavier (so I'd be in love, which may mask a bit of that recognition)... it would probably not last. Dating a bit overweight, ok... "chubby" no issue. 200 over? BIG issue.

I think someone who was Bipolar or severely depressed (and not because of a recent death or some tragedy), but just constant depression and being down ALL the time. A "Debbie Downer."

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I couldn't date someone that has more gums than teeth show when they smile. I also like depth in eyes. Everyone goes crazy for blue eyes, but I only like them if they're a deep blue. The light icy looking blue that has no depth scares me for some reason. I believe that's why I'm not big on dating blondes either because they're more likely to have those light eyes. I can't date someone who can't hold a conversation, but I don't necessarily think that's shallow, and I would rather have teeth pulled than date someone boring. Also, people who are too "chill" and have no passion about anything drive me nuts.

4|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Too short and submissiveness.

0|1
    0|1
  • Ugly
    Don’t make me their priority
    Small dick
    A bad laugh
    Obese
    Having the same name as a relative of mine

4|5
    0|3
  • I once rejected a dude because his head is disproportionally big compared to his body. I'm sorry, I'm an art student and it just pains me to see that kind of body proportion. And given that I'm not God and unable to just change it like I do in my drawings... I avoid.

3|0
    0|2
  • I’m picky, so here is a list.
    Little or no personal hygiene
    No ambition (it’s okay if he isn’t in the best place, but no effort to get out of it? Nope. Bye)
    Wants to live with parents forever (dealt with this twice. Absolutely will never do it again)

Basically I just want you to be clean, and put some effort into the future.

1|1
    0|0
  • I know this is the silliest reason in the world, but I wouldn't date a girl if she showed me, consistently, that she didn't know how to dress herself properly. I'm not talking about a disagreement over her sense of style, I'm talking about someone who either fights against style, simply doesn't understand basic matching principles, or the etiquette of dressing properly for an event.

5|0
    0|0
  • Overweight. I'm athletic, so it's not hypocritical.
    I don't date women who make weird noises.
    You said shallow.
    Crude, like telling crude bathroom jokes. Hate that.
    Women who make it a point to tell you all about their bodily functions. Don't really want to know. Thanks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will admit i am a fairly shallow individual. Physical appearance ways a lot into my decision. However, i expect the person to have a personality to match as well. Maybe its too much to ask for someone who looks like Hercules and has a heart of gold, its like looking for a unicorn...

1|0
    0|0
    • Weighs*

It’s OK if you are a unicorn as well. But I think for men and women, no matter how ugly fat and lazy we are, we all think we deserve that unicorn.

Me too lol. But I think pretty highly of myself :)

• Show All
    • @Kaazsz i totally get it! I work hard to maintain my health and appearance i have amazing moral character and and i would consider myself a very accomplished woman. I know how to do a myriad of things and yet somehow i still let the world tell me im expecting to much. Im not. And i bet niether are you. Like you said earlier its one thing to be a complete loser and free loader and expect to date and underwear model who has a heart like richard the lion heart. its not realistic. Everyone is looking for the right one but few of us are actually trying to BE the right one.

• so basically i feel completely justified in looking for a freaking unicorn because thats what i am! I just have a hard time "selling myself" as one.

• I am not going date guys from college. too immature two cheating , a aasshole and jealous girls that why I don't like anyone part from my current boyfriend. now I keep rejecting the boys in college since they keep asking me out and will still say no. i have a boyfriend.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bad teeth
    Can’t dress
    No job
    Can’t dance
    Ugly

2|5
    5|1
    • For the ones down voting me, these are my reasons. The question says shallow for a reason.

• If he's not super smart. I just really like intelligent guys who will tell me the dorkiest facts. I love that.
    (Also I must state that "dorkiest" autocorrected to "dirtiest" at first. Lol.)

3|2
    0|0
    • I like that too. He has to be as intelligent or more i intelligent than me. I used to work in IT and I kid you not, a guy I was talking to asked me what IT meant... i had to let him go

• -Her second toe is bigger than her big toe
    -She squeezes toothpaste from the top of the tube
    -She believes gender is a social construct
    -Vegan (Not sure if that's shallow)
    -Doesn't like pineapple
    -Uses the words "woke" or "problematic"

4|0
    0|0
  • If they are poly/ prefer to be with multiple people at a time. If they don't share the housework load. If they don't work. If there will be no oral sex. If they refuse to use a condom during sex. If they think they can tell me what I can and can't wear/ do/ be/ go etc. Not communicative. Not respectful. Not appreciative. Not understanding. The list goes on...

0|1
    0|0
    • And are you prepared to follow those lists as well. Most women are poly and have been with many guys - does that apply to you? Also by share the housework I hope you mean you both work equal hours because if you work part time/or don't work at all and expect him to come home AND still do housework than you're an entitled bitch, like most girls these days. Hell I bet you want him to do it all because women refuse to do housework these days and refuse ti cook for their men.

• Show All
    • @logan27 You should try dating a real woman/feminist instead of the girls you've been dating. She'll teach you how to take care of yourself, your wife and your kids like a real man would.

• @VijayPlung a real woman? ahaha they don't exist and even if they did what would that do? There is no incentive to treat women well, they just cheat and use you so really it's be a dick or get used. I know which one I'd pick.

• That they don't earn enough money; I have had a LDR with someone who wasn't a Student at that time but wasn't earning enough to come see me (I did go see him a few times) but then decided we can never close the distance and I couldn't be the only one traveling all the time so broke it off.. But I think this condition of mine only applies to LDRs

0|0
    0|0
  • because they're ugly as fuck. I can't be seen with them in public fuck that shit is embarrassing.

sorry... that's only because she came with terrible narcissism and in reality dumber than my pet rock.

0|1
    1|0
  • Unibrow
    Too short (I'm 5'11'' so short guys don't want to date me anyway)
    Doesn't take care of himself
    Overweight AND not willing to make any effort to get in shape
    Isn't doing anything with his life (not studying, not working and isn't looking for a job/doesn't have any project)

1|0
    0|1
  • I wouldn't date someone who has more than one dog if they eventually want to live together.

I've dated people with bad teeth, but definitely not a first choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • If their personality is similar to mine and we are a match that way, I don't care if they're a little fat or something like that but I might not want to be with them if they are extremely ugly or extremely fat...
    If it's just a little bit, it wouldn't bother me at all but if it is not too much then I hate to admit it but yeah...

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad hygiene
    Not much hair
    Egoistic
    Someone who gets pissed off quickly for nooo reason
    Annoying

2|1
    0|0
  • None of my reasons are shallow, if he's not Nick Bateman he has no chance, quite reasonable if you ask me.

2|1
    1|3
  • I'm not a fan of Fat/thin women and I'm not a fan of shy people either. Yeah shitty reasons to not date someone, I know, but it isn't something I want in a partner.

1|1
    0|0
  • ehhhh
    She’s not into sex or cuddling
    Bad breath
    Messy hair (only guys can pull it off)
    She’s rude
    Messy
    Crooked or broken teeth or dirty teeth
    And ugly 😂 but I’m not that shallow

1|1
    1|0
    • I don’t think you can ever date me... my hair is always a mess

• Show All
    • @Jon_25 yep it feels good at the time but then it comes back to bite you in the ass when the girl you love tells you she only wants a Virgin

• Definitely.

• Too sexual, too many condoms. To Start with or to go Back out with.
    In general, Just not my Type. xx

0|1
    1|0
  • i have a few but i dont think their shallow.. lol

reason 1 - if she has a horrible personailty and ego ( my god big turn off )

Reason 2 - standerds are wayyyyyyy to high in life.. (i understand everyone wants the best but my god )

Reason 3 - when a girl is to superficial and vanity comes into play ( oh lord i just wanna throw some kinda liquid at her and leave)

0|1
    0|0
  • If they had a lazy eye. I just can't seem to get in front of this one. No matter how hard I try it remains just out of sight. Horrible jokes I know but that's exactly why I couldn't do it personally. It's not so much the other person but my personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Somebody who has a lisp, or can't pronounce certain letters or words.

2|2
    0|2
    • What's lisp? And also this is kinda abnormal to not like some for not knowing to pronounce few words from the thousands in dictionary

• Show All
    • Mike tyson would not be able to date you then.

• Why would Mike Tyson want to date her? The guy became pious & is now trying to live a spiritual life.

• Expects men to do everything when dating (planning, flirting, buying, etc.)

1|3
    0|0
  • If the guy is a bit on the feminine side I would probably not want to be with him.

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s a turn off for me and I won’t date someone if they have no ambition and don’t go to school for their future.

1|1
    0|0
  • Fat. I don't see fat as beautiful. Just lazy and unhealthy

2|0
    0|0
  • Not being tall enough but also being too tall. I'm 5'2 so it's not hard to be taller than me but I'd prefer they were like 5'6 and would prefer they weren't over 6'0.

1|0
    0|0
  • They listen to country music, I can't stand it but my family listens to it all the time so I am just tired of it

0|0
    1|0
  • hasn't graduated/Isn't in school/doesn't plan on going to school, no ambition to improve their life, no higher aspirations than a shitty minimum wage or office job.

0|0
    0|0
  • There aren't any shallow reasons; there are only reasons.

1|3
    0|0
  • Their fingers have to look a certain way lol. I like this guys hands (in the pocket)! But i wouldn't date someone with these other fingers
    https://m.imgur.com/YEXU5mV

https://m.imgur.com/F1QDj0q

www.nairaland.com/.../6585978_5a6513ac719ad_pngf5b9e9ffb061d1adcba157fb914d01d4

1|0
    0|0
  • I wanna date someone but they don't want to date me.
    Because I was born with cerebral palsy on my right side.

0|0
    0|0
  • small boobs jk

girl being ugly af would be a reason for some but to me feels natural. if she's a brony or too acceptive of trans rights and feminism stuff. I rather avoid crazy people (the bad crazy kind I like sane insaneness)

0|0
    1|0
  • Nothing in common. Me I find any date a way to get to know someone it may not amount to anything as in a lasting friendship but you may have made a friend.. I like a irish saying ,, a stranger is a friend I don't know yet...

0|0
    0|0
  • Assuming that I am attracted..

A history of drug abuse or criminal records.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can sum this up in just three words:

Trust, love and freedom. If any one of these is missing, the relationship will not be there.

1|0
    0|0
  • If he has really really really bad teeth. Not just a little bit bad, like rotting teeth. I can’t I’m sorry. I hate bad teeth!

1|1
    0|0
  • -Chubby
    -Ugliness
    -Bad Hygiene
    -Not Vegan/At Least Vegetarian
    -Bad Teeth
    -Super Hairy
    -No Sense of Humor
    *Guidelines, not rules

0|1
    3|3
  • If she has fat features, like round chin, thick neck, arm flabs, etc. Even if she's not fat and still cute, turns me off.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a girlfriend and it doesn´t have anything to do with crushee, that dates me, so in relativity to her, it´s the shallowest reason, because she may be perfect and there is not even a shallow puddle

0|0
    0|0
  • not break their heart if they start liking me too fast.. I'd feel super bad if I didn't reciprocate their feelings, while they were like in love with me.😞

0|0
    0|0
  • If they were just a “follower of the crowd” I like an independent thinker and someone who isn’t afraid to do so

0|0
    0|0
  • If I don't find him attractive... that's not really shallow to me though, we ALL do this we are kinda programmed to go after people that we find attractive... However if there personality is shit then fuck that dude.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz I'm married? Wait you are seeking another answer, how about their reputation, or bad habits, maybe a ambition? Sorry, actually those aren't shallow, how about mismatched clothes?

0|0
    0|0
  • If the first picture that I get from him is his dick

1|1
    0|0
  • If they start flirting with other girls. If they Ignore me a lot. If they are agressive and rude. etc.

1|1
    0|0
  • If they come from a broken family. Nothing against them on a friendship level, but I’m not dating one.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

Recommended myTakes