Be honest, what's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone?

Be honest, what's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone?
Updates:
It's interesting seeing the different definitions of shallow being applied here. Some of the reasons listed aren't at all shallow in my opinion.

1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably doesn't take care of herself. Lazy on hygiene - never wears deodorant, never cleans her hair... NO makeup EVER... never dresses up... probably if she had really dark noticeable facial hair, and never took care of it. I don't expect constantly shaved legs, etc, but I'd want to go for someone at least a LITTLE feminine.

Probably being morbidly fat/obese. I know men and women who are older tend to grow into that... but if I didn't know her FIRST before she was heavier (so I'd be in love, which may mask a bit of that recognition)... it would probably not last. Dating a bit overweight, ok... "chubby" no issue. 200 over? BIG issue.

I think someone who was Bipolar or severely depressed (and not because of a recent death or some tragedy), but just constant depression and being down ALL the time. A "Debbie Downer."

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I couldn't date someone that has more gums than teeth show when they smile. I also like depth in eyes. Everyone goes crazy for blue eyes, but I only like them if they're a deep blue. The light icy looking blue that has no depth scares me for some reason. I believe that's why I'm not big on dating blondes either because they're more likely to have those light eyes. I can't date someone who can't hold a conversation, but I don't necessarily think that's shallow, and I would rather have teeth pulled than date someone boring. Also, people who are too "chill" and have no passion about anything drive me nuts.

4|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If they voted for Trump. So I guess, lack of education haha

1|1
    1|3
    • So you are discriminating against a huge amount of people that voted 2 years ago? Seems fair but then again women aren't fair. I bet you're all for the education system favoring women and I bet you enjoy the fact that young men are failing because of feminists and women like you.

• Show All
    • @Logan27 nope. But if you're trying to debate, I can't with someone like you 😂

• I didn’t vote for Trump. I didn’t vote at all, but I wanted Bernie Sanders.

But since then I’ve learned that the media reports on Trump, and tells us what to think about what he has done. They are brainwashing us. I think if you value education you should really dig into the sources and get alternate opinions on what Trump has done so far.

Or not. It’s up to you. But many Trump supporters are are just as left leaning as you. But we have realized that the news is actually lying to us, or at the very least trying to control how we think. This is what Kanye is all on about. And the people who are being told what to think are railing against him too. But all he wants is for people to wake up and think for themselves...

• I won't date if the other person doesn't understand the value of time and attention I am giving in the relationship to endure it

1|0
    0|0
  • Annoying accent and mispronouncing words. If their grammar makes me cringe.

1|0
    2|2
  • I actually like being alone, I don't want to hurt anyone, I can't give/accept love, I look scary according to others.

1|0
    0|0
  • Vanity,
    No long term goals,
    Immaturity,
    Not physically attracted to them,
    Same name as family member,
    No sense of humor,

0|1
    1|0
  • If she's fat
    If she's ugly
    If she's way taller than me
    if she's too dumb

0|1
    1|0
  • The person is too chubby. I hate myself for it but I can't like a person if he isn't fit :(

1|0
    0|0
  • Height. I'm 6'3" and if I decide to go out with a guy, he'd have to be at least 5'10" or 5'11".

1|1
    0|0
  • hygiene problems, i wouldn't wanna go ona date with someone who doesn't care about their hygiens and smell and stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Her name was 'smith' and her dad was a janitor. There was no way that was going to be something permanent. Good for a few pump and dumps though. ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • The shallowest I can think of is if she smokes, has tatoos or is black or chinese (just no sexual attraction)

0|0
    0|0
  • They're deformed, have moles, ugly, seem stupid... I am very shallow in a lot of respects.

0|0
    1|0
  • You should be honest and be simple on your dates you should not show of what you are not you should not hurt sombody feeling with an in appropriate answer

0|0
    0|0
  • Non-standard English or an unfashionable regional accent.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pervy, fat, poor hygiene, lazy, not talkative, boring and clingy

2|0
    0|0
    • Hmm why do you like a talkative?

• Show All
    • Good for you. I think it's good to talk with moderation. I like to hang out with talkatives at times but I hardly take them seriously and would hardly share secrets

• Ohhh
      Well it depends on what you talk about and how

• Shorter or same height as me. Being over-sensitive.

0|1
    0|1
  • Same name as myself or my parents (mum has a gender neutral name and my short name is a boy name).
    If they're too feminine.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they’re rude, jealous all the time, and if they have no goals in life.

0|1
    0|1
    • @jay001 damn it’s my opinion, im sorry (not sorry) .. im not a cold hearted bitch that only cares about looks.

• Show All
    • I didn’t know what they meant by that. Next time I response to something, I’ll make to look it up on urban dictionary.

• Annoying, shorter than me, bad hygiene (bad breath/smells bad) , long hair (really long)

• If she smells. If she smokes. If she is really ugly. If she is over 250 lbs. If she listens to country music in front of me (makes my ears bleed).

0|0
    1|0
  • 1) short
    2) self centered
    3) no job
    4) no car
    5) live with parents
    6) bad teeth
    7) fat
    8) much more

1|0
    2|0
  • Shallow? For the sake of the question. Bad teeth. Like extremely crooked and yellow. Meh. All I could think of

0|0
    0|0
  • They treat service people badly. Waiters/waitresses, bartenders etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • If he doesn't like animals or if cannot appreciate my cats & dogs enough, definitely not my type

0|1
    0|1
  • I just want them to be hygienic. I am ugly as fuck so I would be hypocritical or having lofty aspirations if I were to say otherwise.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a women is wider than she is tall.

If she has a bigger mustache than me

If she take longer than 45 minutes to get ready to go out

0|0
    0|0
  • Laziness, clinginess and poor hygiene are major no no's for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • whoever gets mho does that mean there's is the shallowest?

1|0
    0|0
  • Is it shallow to not be into people who are always on social media? Then yes.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm insecure and can't really open up to poeple and i'm scared that when i get in a relationship i get even more closed off

0|0
    0|0
  • -Fat, ugly, short hair
    -Shy
    -Needy
    -Expects me to mindread her
    -Lives with parents
    -Doesn't drive
    -Vegan/vegetarian
    -Hipster/dresses to show their political affiliation
    -To much makeup, always dresses up; afraid of you seeing them looking anything less than their absolute best
    -Socially retarded, shit personality
    -I'm a princess and the guy has to do everything syndrome
    -Bad breath, crooked or yellow teeth
    -Social media obsessed
    -Worries too much about others opinions
    -Doesn't shave her pussy
    -Acts like sex is an immoral act and slut shames other girls. Basically insecure about it
    -Her religion is against abortion or she doesn't see it as an option in the case of accidental pregnancy (I prefer atheist anyway)

0|0
    2|0
  • It's depends on me and my girlfriend what is our intentions at the dating time so it's prefer to Both...

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll always be aware about everything that could lead the cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • If they are shorter than me, have bad teeth, or a ugly laugh

0|0
    0|0
  • They're not good-looking.

1|6
    5|0
  • Everything that can be comfortably exchanged within a 5 minutes speed dating are shallow reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I'm not remotely attracted to her it wouldn't be fair for me or her to be together.

0|0
    1|0
  • His shoes looked old and extremely dirty, and he smelled like he didn't use deodorant.

0|0
    0|0
  • TOo short or a bad job. Which isn’t hypocritically as I am 5”3 and work as a bakery assistant 🤷‍♀️

0|0
    1|0
  • I wouldn’t date him if he is too cocky and full of himself

1|0
    0|0
  • If I can't stand your natural odor, I won't date you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would never date a woman who was willing to date me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we punch out all the basics like ugly, overweight and shit, I'd say if she wears ballerinas.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fat women, masculine body shape (apple shaped bodies)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any shallow reasons. Shallow is more a women's thing

1|0
    1|0
    • Check the guys comments before you post that shit

• Show All
    • In general I’m shallow asf and so are you the majority of guys are it is what it is the sooner you accept it and stop trying to play this nice guy saint bullshit the better life’s going to be

• I'm not playing anything, just telling the truth

• If she would drink too much and smoke, would be not nice like a bitch.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like guys with big beards :/

1|1
    0|2
  • And this is why i don't date. Too many checklist requirements.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. If she is large or fat.
    2. If she has tattoos, piercings, or thongs on.
    3. If she cusses.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow too many to mention, first thing comes to mind if she has a loud voice

0|0
    0|0
  • Any woman showing up with double " D's " and Stormy

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't really think this often if she crazy like actual cray cray i don't mind much

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess if they were smokers or were just odd to be around.

0|0
    0|0
  • The way they dress, or if they spend to much time working.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she had a flat ass and were hairy I wouldn’t date her

0|0
    0|0
  • You like them only for their looks and not their personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dick too small

5|1
    0|2
  • Too short

2|1
    0|0
  • ugly boobs

0|5
    3|0
  • Uncircumcised penis, short, no teeth, body hair.

3|1
    0|1
  • If he is less intelligent than I am.

2|0
    0|1
    • You mean dick size and money.

• Show All
    • @Logan27 That's what you think. I personally would 'drop' someone for lack of intellectual capacity before either one of those factors you stated.

• The extreme majority of women only care about money and dick size. I guess you are the one in a thousand.

• Show More

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

Recommended myTakes