Do you think cheating is getting more accepted?

Now before you ask... i think cheating (in a relationship) is one of the most awful things any human being could do. The cheater was lucky to be in a relationship in the first place. But I'm asking this because it seems like to me in this modern decade cheating is being seen as okay/acceptable when it's not.

941

Most Helpful Guys

• Unfortunately, cheating is more popular now.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I think it depends on the situation. If their other is just using them for sex anyway, it doesn't really matter, since it's not a REAL relationship. If there's abuse, the victim needs someone to comfort them in a way they've almost forgot existed.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• It's not that it's getting easier to get cheated on, that still hurts the same. But the idea of 'side chick' is more mainstream. Cheating is actually a lot less accepted now because in the past if your husband slept with other women you just took it... for the kids or traditional values or whatever. It's just something that will always be there, the way it's portrayed in the media changes, but on a personal level it will probably always hurt.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • For me, even it's old or modern decade, cheating was never acceptable and never will.

Honestly, I was in a relationship where in my ex boyfriend cheated not only once, not twice or thrice but a couple of times I lost count. It's normal for a girl in love to forgive, once, give a chance once. But it's true that if that cheater cheated on you twice and you accept him/her, it's already your fault because you also accepted the fact that he/she can do it again and again with your consent.

We should be aware that we deserve more than that. We deserve to be respected. We should only give our trust to someone who deserve it. Let's not make them think that cheating is okay, because it's totally not!

It's either, stay honest, stay loyal or stay away.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE