Is a guy a jerk for walking away from the friendzone?

Guy likes girl.
Girl says she doesn't feel that way about him (meaning she thinks he's ugly) but wants to stay friends with him.
Guy says he has enough friends so its going to be relationship or nothing.
Then walks way.

Is the guy a jerk?

1748

Most Helpful Guy

• Ummm depends on how long you have been friends... But yeah, a little, if you "like" her than being friends wouldn't be so bad. But if you run off just cause she doesn't wanna reciprocate that kind of says you don't like her as a person, you just like the idea of her as a girlfriend. You know?

Also, when girls say they wanna be friends it DOES NOT mean they think you are ugly. Granted, they might, but do not try to assume a negative connotation from something a girl said just so you can play them up as the bad guy for not reciprocating the feelings that you have. Woman do not owe you their affections. They have a right to their feelings.

As for being a jerk, I think jerk is a bit much, but yeah, you are definitely not the shining model of a nice guy. By running off you are essentially trying to "punish" for not doing what you wanted.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's a good thing he did that cause a lot guys just say okay and stick around hoping sooner or later that the girl will change her mind about him which usually doesn't happen once a woman sees a man as just a friend or brother figure. It's best to walk away altogether and find someone else. Also sometimes it doesn't mean he's unattractive, it could me they been friends for so long that she can't see anything else but being friends. Girls cherish friendship, they don't want it to be ruined if the relationship ends badly.

• I don't think a guy is jerk for wanting more than a friendship. At some point everyone wants to find a relationship that isn't just platonic, they want to find love and possibly grow a family someday.

• Exactly, it's good to have enough self respect to be able to walk away. There are tons of people that just want to only as a friend because you make them feel good but don't care about you as an individual.