He invited me to his place after dinner on our second date. Can he still be serious about us?

After having dinner after the second date, he asked me if I wanna go back to his place and Watch TV.
I did, and we made out, went pretty sexual, but didn’t actually have sex (I rejected).
He was pretty cool about it and asked me if I want to stay over, which I rejected too.

P. s. He didn’t insist me to going back with him or to have sex.

But was he taking me seriously when he ask me to go back with him?
Can he still take me seriously after we made out?
I am confused. Did I screw it up?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you mean 'seriously'? He wants to have sex with you. Period. It's not any more complicated than that - the complication is in YOUR feelings and reaction.
    If you're not ready, then date some more, get to know, perhaps you'll become 'ready'. If you simply are not interested in ever having sex with him then don't lead him on, don't date. His intentions are clear, and normal. Sex is a normal part of man-woman romantic relationships. If you don't see that then be clear up front or don't date.

And no, you didn't 'screw it up'. You'll have another chance - IF YOU WANT IT. It's up to you.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You're Still in the Running Here, dear, He took you Back and Made you a Meal Deal, But Be careful on Sloppy Seconds. You almost lost your Dessert. Could have been a Sweet Tart.
    Don't be so quick to Give in all of the way. You nearly did. Be that Chase and Challenge so you can be Way at the Top of his Apple Of... His Eye Guy. xx

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think you're doing just fine and you've handled it well. After two dates you've gotten to know more about each others personality and it sounds like you like each other so far. With making out you know how each other smells, tastes, feels and reacts to each others touch. That's very important.

So you're in the drivers seat. It's up to you to decide when to have sex. I had sex with my wife on the third date. That was 36 years ago. Good luck!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • You're fine and did exactly as you felt was right. Rare that a man does not try to get a little action. It is up to you what happens though. There is no right or wrong in this though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him you still want to see him and ask if he still wants to see you. We really aren't mindreaders. I don't think you did anything wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • No my girl and I slept together after the first date and she stayed the night. It doesn't mean he's any more or less serious about dating you it just is following the pace you want to go at.

0|0
    0|0
  • Second date... ? He may have moved on. Guys do look at being worked up by making out then getting shut down as a turn off. With just 2 dates... even I would move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • OMG
    First.. why did you reject him? You reeeally didn't feel a connection or for some stupid rule women think can work to get a guy?

0|0
    0|0
    • I just don’t feel ready for sex. Nothing to do with any rules.

• Feel ready? What do you need to feel it then? Dont say after to know him longer please

• It depends on how you rejected his suggestions. If it's like hey let's take it slow and see where we go... It's ok
    If it's like hey you Took advantage of me... Then it's probably not going anywhere

0|0
    0|0
  • he's obviously interested enough. Frankly, if it felt too soon it probably was. Continue to show interest and you'll get there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course he can lol
    Its perfectly normal for relationships to begin with sexual encounters.

Having sex with someone isn't just about stuffing meat into a hole, there's a lot more happening emotionally and psychologically, it can serve to strengthen a relationship, screen for compatibility, deepen the emotional bond.

But people are so repressed sexually and live in this ilusion that romance is what Holywood movies tell you it is they don't realise.

You think romeo and juliet is a tale of romance? It's a satire to what romance has become, those kids met one day, fell in love the next day and were willing to kill themselves for each other the following day, that's not healthy, natural or even sane if you ask me 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Jesus...🙄

He's a very good lad...

When a guy asks a girl.. Will you come over to my place...
    He assumes, that you'll assume, that he assumes that sex is in order...

When you say yes... He assumes, that you assume that he assumes that sex is now on...

So...

He should be the confused one... When you rejected sex after "agreeing" by coming over...
    But sounds like he kept his cool and behaved like a gentleman...

Most guys... Well, for me at least... If I'm not serious about a girl... I won't ask her over after a date.. I'll just ask her over...
    And... Why wouldn't I take a girl seriously just because we made out?

And to kill one more myth even though you didn't ask...

No... I don't lose respect for a girl just because she slept with me... First date or at any other time..

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure he can.

Here's the thing. If a guy loses interest in you after sex, then chances are that's all he wanted in the first place. Really the only points in waiting are a) to make sure you reasonably trust this person before putting yourself in a vulnerable position (very understandable) or b) trying to get a guy that might have had scummy intentions to begin with to care about you too much to leave (a terrible plan).

I never understood the "he won't respect me if I sleep with him early" thing. I think that misconception comes from shitty people who were going to use you anyway. What, do people thing because when you're single if you were quick to have sex, that means you'll do the same thing with other people while in a relationship? That's kinda silly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Come on over I'll give you the same thing that he was thinking without paying for shit

0|0
    0|0
  • yes he could still be taking you serious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. You didn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why is something like this on the front page?

0|0
    0|0
  • no you both screwed so get over it he wants you?

0|0
    0|0
  • That's fine, nothing major, don't worry about it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes