Is being comfortable in silence good?

My and my boyfriend were staying together for the first for 3 days... during the time there were times when were sitting together and we where just in silence watching tv
Is it good be comfortable like this?

630

Most Helpful Guys

• My grandfather is over eighty. When I'm at my grandparents' there's often long stretches of silence. I've grown comfortable with it. I think it's good to be able to be comfortable with it.
    However, you do not really mean silence. You mean sharing an experience without sharing words. That, too, is good.

• If you can sit in silence without feeling awkward, then yes. The company of someone can bring a smile to your face, rather than the words they have to say.

Most Helpful Girl

• YES!! This. This is good. My mom and stepdad do this thing where they sit next to each other and completely ignore each other's existence. It's the cutest thing ever. He'll play a video game and she'll read a murder mystery and it's adorable. Being comfortable just existing together is the ultimate relationship goal.