Why do you give hickeys?

What does it usually mean when YOU give a hickey to a girl/boy you’ve been dating for some time?

Ps: really curious about the results 😂
  • I find it attractive/sexy/hot so I do it.
  • I like to mark my partner to show others they are mine.
  • I do it out of sexual pleasure.
    Vote C
  • I do it cause I like them/want them.
    Vote D
  • I do it because I’m a vamp
    Vote E
  • No reason tbh/ other (mention bellow)
    Vote F

1743

What Guys Said 43

• The neck is an erogenous zone. I bite, nibble and erotically asphyxiate because I’m a kinky f*cker and women seem to like it.

Hickeys are just a consequence of certain sexual acts, not a goal for me. 💁🏿‍♂️

• 3d

so you aren't a fan of it tho

• 3d

@LuvAsh I don't want hickey to be too appearant either, If It's light then I'm cool with it. I don't want to be in the center of attention anyways.

• 3d

Damn, this actually got surprisingly deep. 🤣I f*ck with it. Y’all go ‘head and explore that sexuality. “Release your inhibitions feel the rain on your skin...” 😂😭

• I never gave them myself, but now that we have started to make out my girlfriend started giving them to me.
    I don't complain, as long as it doesn't bleed.

• You caught me, I am a vampire...
    Lol no, I don't do hickeys, kissing on the neck is sexy but there's no point in a hockey and I don't find it sexy either...

• That was a tough choice. I picked A but it's a combo of some: A, C, and D. It's fucking hot to give a hickey and get one. Also a way of foreplay so sexual pleasure.

• 3d

Interesting answer haha

• 3d

I read someone got a heart attack or smtn lol

• 3d

hahaha. I don't believe them. Blood clots happen from genetics or being unhealthy.

• Why do you give hickeys?
    They're more deadly then tampons. You can get a blood clot and die of a brain aneurysm.

• It's a sign or behave when you feel mad about someone beauty or someone nude body and may be it's happen when someone deeply love 😍 you from heart ♥, personally I love to give little soft hickeys at breast not bite or hurt only love 😍 signs

• Well it depends of the person, I consider it hot and I would turn on, on a date if she wears it, so to me it's sexual, but there are men who are dominant and they use it to mark her, and I wouldn't discard both. So you must know how is him to get a good meaning.

• Not something I do but I believe it to be a way to mark territory

• Probably a little from column B and a little if column C. It's been a long time though they're kind of ugly looking and can be a total pain in the ass to hide when you have one.

• An expression of animal instincts that wake up inside of us when we're being intimate with someone we love.
    I personally love when my better side does it.

• Is a few reason why guys give hickeys one if you do it while you're inside of a girl you get a different response and the second reason is we like to Mark our territory

• Just marking my territory... Same reason I piss on the trees and bushes in my backyard.

• If I ever did it, it would be by pure accident from getting sucked up into the moment.

• Well I never enjoyed receiving, but my partners liked it so I've given solely for their pleasure.

• Just a little thing that happens as a result of intensity of the moment.

• Not a thing for me. probably never done it or got one what I know of.

• I think it's some carnal instincts.
    It's a bit of fun too. Not to mention the girl at that time seems proud that she has one! :)

• It means you want to increase your risk dramatically of getting HIV

• One way to look at it is that among the greatest feelings a person can experience is temporal invincibility. In relationships it's often the main goal to create such a strong bond that a person may express themselves without prohibitions set by the greater society, to open their hearts.

There's not many people in the greater public that would allow you to give them a hickey. Most people would file sexual assault charges obviously. At the same time many behaviours are restricted, especially good behaviours like honesty and individualism. The act of a hickey may be significant in symbolizing the attainment of "love", "liberty", or it may be a gesture to convey these two notions to their partner. So, if somebody is willing to do have a hickey on them, it's special.

• I head a bloody experience.
    Whatever rocks her boat.
    I love to kiss her neck during the intercourse.

• My mouth does not give enough suction power, so I havt given any girls hickeys. But girls give me hickeys. I like to be marked with her love.

• Sexual pleasure. Its fun, the suctions good. Plus it feels enthralling to get them.

• Vampire hickeys. lol
    I don’t like the idea of them, personally.

• I never did that before. It looked like it meant to mark their partner.

• I don't find giving nor receiving hickeys attractive; it's not my thing.

• I have not given a hickey 😅 but I will give it because I will like her 😍

• I like my neck to be sucked on it or bit it really turns me on

• I have never done it TBH, I find it to be weird, I don't know if it's just me but whatever!

• The people I am usually with are into the same as I. Sensual sadism and enjoying pain, within reason. It is enjoyable seeing the results.

• I’m a virgin?🤣

• Show more from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 17

• Hickeys or Love Bites are a sign to show off their passion or immense love to your partner. These are just teenage things who love to have them not aged people. I, personally, am notorious for that. I absolutely love giving and receiving hickeys. Not sure why people automatically think it is toxic. Both of us find this really hot and we love doing it. Plus it feels amazing. You get a tingling sensation and then there is this sense of euphoria travelling throughout your body. I give my husband lots of hickeys/love-bites all over. My preferred areas are neck, inner thighs, cheek, and arms and . . . . . Most common reason observed is they want to show off their friends that they are in relationships and enjoying it. Some think as a mark to show others that she is occupied and dating with him. Hickey’s are marks of possession, love biting for me is more a little nibble, just letting the teeth slowly close over / brush over the surface of the skin. In that moment, the woman is completely vulnerable, she revealed a very vulnerable part of herself to him and both know this. It is an extreme turn-on for both involved. Men want to show off themselves that they are men, how wild they are and they find giving it very hot symbol. Some girls also love to show off the love bites and jealous others that they are in relationships. They want to show what a fabulous time he / she had last night or day. Some really consider it as beautiful moment of love and give very soft love bites that go off from body in hour and so. And last but not the least one do this to show off their desire and love in his / her partner. Hickeys are not caused while having fun they become hungry and start eating each other. Some people find pain seductive. Pain increases some hormones, which starts to increase in seduction and excitation of human. It just came up with the flow of having fun. Marks are different thing. Intentionally given marks can be for fun. Just do not do it unless your girlfriend expresses that it turns her on. They are a symbol of trust if willingly done. When a girl / guy are vulnerable with you, leaving a small mark of affection gives you both a whole new level of intimacy.

• My ex would do it to make it known that I was his and noone else's in a possessive way.

• I don’t really give them, does nothing for me really. I love neck kisses but I’m indifferent with hickeys. I don’t really like having them either coz it doesn’t look great at work lol

• I did it by accident😂 got way into the moment and was trying not to scream.. 😬

• damn i love it so much. it works like a visible token for me to have the flashback how it happened. being on the receiving end i find it romantic and very sexy!

• I don't leave marks, but I really like to suck, and it feels good to them.

• I kinda do, but I dont like marking it. I just bite until I feel like I should stop, and I never mark it. :v

• Don’t give but like to get. Just like it

• I don't. I'm not 14.

• I hardly ever do it.

• mark my territory

• I do it to mark my Territory.

• I like to leave a mark.

• I don’t give them. I have received them though

• I don't give hickeys.

• I don't give hickeys

• Because I find it funny to annoy/tease them sometimes :p