I think I'm getting ghosted: should I ask her if she's ghosting me?

2633

Most Helpful Girls

• Nah, if you ask her, she will probably just make up some excuse or not reply at all.

I think the fact she is not talking or replying to your messages is your answer right there if she's ghosting you or not.
    If you want some closure or want to know if you should move on or not, just send her a message asking if she wants to chat with you anymore. If she replies? Great. But if she does not reply or seem like she wants to talk to you anymore, move on.

• we just kind of met online, and her way of responding has always been kind of weird.
      We haven't gone out yet, but we were gonna meet up tonight to go partying, until she said she had to study for exams (its final season lmao) but I saw her snap story and she was out partying. So... i asked if she wanted to talk later, and she had to study so...
      Earlier today, when she told me about the studying thing, i asked if she'd want to grab coffee and she asked if i had car in case i'd be able to drive to where she was, and not vice versa

• "she said she had to study for exams (its final season lmao) but I saw her snap story and she was out partying." Uh... huh. So she's a liar too.

She's not interested in you, sorry, lol. I'm not even going to make up excuses for her. If she has time to go to a party, she has time to talk and grab coffee. You're just not that important to her. That or her priorities are backwards. Point is, if someone's interested in you, they make time for you- end of story.

• No. If someone is cowardly enough to ghost you, they won't be able to tell you the truth and admit it. She'd most likely come up with some lame excuse and tell you that she's just been busy, make a half-assed attempt at keeping the conversation going for a little while, and then try to ghost you again until you get the message. From experience I can tell you that trying to reason with a ghoster is never a good idea, nor worth your time. You'll never get a straight answer from them and at worst, if you get visibly upset, you'll end up looking like the bad guy and they'll get a "confirmation" that they did the right thing by ghosting you.
    My best advice to dealing with ghosters or people who are clearly not putting any effort into talking to you: let them go. It sucks and you're left feeling like you did something "wrong", because they weren't straight with you. But there's nothing else you can do in that situation to make things better.

• Hell my best friend from back in the day won't answer my messages I was so happy to find him and he reads them but won't reply I know I did a lot to piss him off way back but I never thought he would act this way and several girls have ghosted me but in a lot of situations they were in relationships when we were talking so if they finally realize they are messing up their relationship I can see why they did it but they are all still cowards for ghosting instead of just speaking their mind.

• @SpeedForce2018 for sure. Even just a simple ”I have no interest in talking to you anymore” would be better than silence.

Most Helpful Guys

• I've been in your shoes before. I used to get too-heavily invested in girls I'd match with online (predominantly through Tinder) too early and looking back, my behavior was off-putting. I was too eager to please. I was too much the "nice guy". Don't be that guy. That's beside the point, though.

When I was acting like this, the women didn't seem particularly eager to talk to me and in fact went out of their way not to talk to me, basically keeping me waiting most of the time. It has long since occurred to me that they wanted me to "get a clue" and leave them alone. If a woman is into you, she will make an effort to talk to you; if she isn't and seems like she's deliberately avoiding talking to you, such as for example taking hours at a time to respond to simple questions, then--unless she suddenly changes her mind (which, given me experience with women, she wont) the subtext is "f*ck off", in so many words.

Asking her is she's ghosting you is a sure-fire way to have her block you, because she sure as hell isn't going to waste her time to respond, just to tell you she doesn't want to respond. I know that's not the answer you want, because like all guys you will want an explanation, but unfortunately that's not how women operate in these circumstances and the fact that you're even asking is a clear indication that you know the answer and just don't want to admit it.

Long story short, the answer is "yes, she's ghosting you and no, don't bother asking".

• I'd just say, "Hey xy haven't heard from you. Thinking about you and hope you are ok. I'm here if you want to talk. ... or... Hope you are ok and don't have this flu junk. Need some Chicken Soup or back rub? Mis ya".

With that, you've offerred her something, showed concern, but not putting her in a defensive posture. If get to talking, then you can talk about communication protocols and ghosting. I don't know the context of the disconnect, so can't say if that is right message, but you get the concept.