If someone jumps from one relationship to another, does that make them desperate?

1729

Most Helpful Guys

• It looks desperate yes, and probably is. I'd question what is really going on and the driver for it... like can they not stand being alone. It could be they are a fast processor of emotions, relationship wasn't that deep, their clock is ticking and they have a goal, etc..

What it feels like for the other person is they are unstable, not committed, and I didn't mean that much.

• Depends on the circumstances and how often this occurs. Sometimes you meet someone really special, but if it happens to often it's symptomatic of underlying emotional problems and a lack of stability.

Most Helpful Girls

• It would depend if that jump is the same day, a week, a month, a year... everyone has their own reasons for a relationship ending and the idea of how long between each relationship is purely down to the individuals. For example, my last relationship ended after 2 years in June; he threatened to kill me after trashing the house we bought together three months prior and I never went back. I reconnected with an old friend (who used to have a thing for me) and we met up maybe 4 times over the space of the last 6 months but I had plenty time to think and focus on myself because of how absent he was. I always fancied him but to him, I was just company as and when he felt like it and that's still the same now. I've walked away. In the last 3 months though, I've realised that right now, I'm actually really happy with my life; a stable job, amazing friends, close to my mum and everything is settled into exactly where I want it to be. Any man that would come along now, would only complete it but it doesn't make me desperate.

• Desperate, needy, unavailable to be alone... pick a reason, lol.

I'd assume they're insecure with his or herself if they're jumping from person to person, and they need to figure out why they feel they need another person to be happy