How to win against Hypergamy?

How to win against Hypergamy?

There will always be men, who are richer than I am and men, who are poorer than I am.
Practically nothing stops women from just getting a new and richer boyfriend or an upgraded man rather than help her boyfriend upgrading him and then upgrade each other.

How do we men win against the female hypergamy?
  • You don't
    Vote A
  • There is a way to deal with the female hypergamy
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Women, don't get all triggery. I have not claimed women to be hypergamous. I have merely asked how to win against hypergamy and nothing more.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't really think you do. You can opt out and focus on yourself and if most guys facing the same problem do a similar thing then in a few years maybe attitudes can change. Just generally having high expectations i. e seeking women that aren't hypergamous -- will keep you on that path and if one out there does happen to come along then maybe you can give her a chance.

I'm in a weird spot where I still of course want a relationship as I always have, however my experiences make me feel as though it's not a realistic thing to want, like it's not something I could ever trust to be sincere from someone at this point. I'm not interested in going to brothel nor hookups with strangers -- maybe friends if the chance presents. But really I think I can only focus on what I've got going on and on the things I can actually trust to make me happy e. g friends, hobbies.

0|1
    0|0
  • There's a way to beat this so called "hypergamy". It's called finding a real woman. Not a little girl whos in it for the money, not a hoe whos in it for the body.

A real woman who is in it for you.

2|1
    1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s called being attractive? Instead of just being so ugly that you need money to get a woman.

4|4
    1|9
    • I'm ugly so, I'm doomed

• Show All
    • Imagine if your son is one of the ugly ones, lol.

"Just kill yourself, Sweetie!"

• Don’t go for hypergamous women

5|7
    0|0
    • It sounds like it makes sense at first, but it's not like the carry membership cards or badges to identify them.

• Show All
    • Not necessarily

• Well those are generally the traits hypergamous women will look for and that sounds like it describes a lot of women.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• In small ways, there ARE ways for a younger (and presumably poorer) man to win against money hypergamy. One example is improving your physical shape, which really isn't all that dependent upon income. Another one I have read is what is called The Motorcycle Example:

"Motorcycle Salvation"

"Assume you religiously follow all of the (money saving) rules. You never buy new, you find a car that if it gets dinged or stolen you don't care, you only use it for transportation, and never as a means to score chicks or make a statement about yourself. Chances are you are going to end up with a small, fuel efficient compact, with a little body damage, and nothing that is going to turn heads, let alone be fun to drive.

How fun is that?

While you may be smart enough never to compete in the status market, that doesn't mean you don't want a nice car for yourself. Additionally, addressing the previously-discussed genetic desire men have for speed and performance, how is your Ford Fiesta going
    to put the fire in your soul as you bury the needle at 43 MPH?

Simple. It won't.

But a motorcycle will.

Motorcycles are the salvation of all young men. Like beer and video games, they are a gift from God and he wants you to ride them. Their importance to a man's life cannot be overstated. First, they are cheaper than cars in terms of cost, maintenance, and insurance.
    Second, they are much more fuel efficient (and manly) than hybrids. Third, they are easier to store and park making them ideal for city living. Fourth, they are easier to work on than cars. And, of course, fifth, they are fast. If there is a vehicle that is going to meet your need for speed, motorcycles are it. But their biggest advantage is one that most men are unaware of.

You can now go toe to toe with that older investment banker
    in the status market.

Understand that while you cannot financially compete against truly rich men who can afford a Mercedes S-Class, you can compete with
    them on a motorcycle. Matter of fact, you are in a league above them. You are the bad boy. The underdog. And if there's something women viscerally want more than a polished little Ambercrombie and Fitch boy from the suburbs with his sales job and his Audi, it Is the rough and tumble biker, with his leather motorcycle jacket, his "I don't give a fuck" attitude, and that fast and powerful two-wheeled machine beneath him.

Chicks dig motorcycles.
    Because of these benefits, it is my humble opinion that the single
    best bit of advice in this entire book is to: GET A MOTORCYCLE!

And not just get one, but learn to ride it as soon as possible.

Knowing what I know now I would have deployed this tactic in high
    school and competed against the varsity football captain. I would
    have competed against the frat boys during college. The allure of a
    motorcycle is so strong for women, you can use it as a crutch when
    you are younger and have no game. Of course, your mother is
    going to complain loudly when she finds out her 16 year old son
    wants to get his motorcycle license, and perhaps you may have to
    wait until you're 18 and out of the house, but that doesn't change
    the fact a motorcycle makes pursuing the ladies an infinitely easier
    task, and consequently makes your life infinitely easier.

Obviously, don't be a dumbass. Wear a helmet, wear other protective gear, take the mototcycle safety courses, pay attention and ride defensively, never speed (the sheer act of riding behind you will thrill the girl enough), ride only in decent weather, and don't make your mother and dad worry.

1|1
    0|1
    • I'd have one if I weren't so damn broke like always. But that's going to change after some years. You know... career and studies and shit. Think of me as without parents and without social support and no financial aid whatsoever.

• By stoping stereotyping, majority of women do not leave their boyfriend for a richer one (at least not where I live). Women who do that are usually born rich so they want to remain rich or women who have mother who tell her to marry a rich man.

7|3
    1|3
    • Couldn’t’ve said it better myself

• Show All
    • Where do you live, I can check this for you right now. I will put forward the claim that there is no place on Earth where the gender ratio is naturally 30/70. Which means what you said about the men who have two partners really DOES effect everyone lol. Like what?

• @SpearsAndStones I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Can you rewrite it in a more clear way?

• I think that a lot of guys misunderstand hypergamy.

Women in general are not gonna be attracted to a guy who is less intelligent, less confident, make less money etc. than them. That's all it is.

If it were really as hopeless as you're making it out to be, nobody but billionaires would ever be able to have stable relationships. That's clearly not the case.

Some women will trade up if they find a guy who is "better" than the guy they're with in these areas - most won't. If anything, richer guys are more at risk of this since they're more likely to attract gold-diggers, who are the kinds of women who will date a man purely for his money. The guys who obsess over this are usually guys who women only date for their money too, usually because they lack any other attractive qualities.

Most women don't date a man purely for his money, status, looks etc. Women aren't as logical as men - they're more emotional, so a lot of the things that attract them appeal to them on an emotional level, not a logical one. Obsessing over looks, money, status etc. is logical thinking. A little autistic.

In order to win against hypergamy you have to develop yourself in other areas to become more attractive that way, then choose your woman wisely.

1|1
    0|0
  • Despite what seems to be the surface interpretation, people aren't that bad. Hypergamous girls are hypergamous for subconscious reasons. They don't really have a clue of what it is that's happens in their thick skulls. They get tempted by the ideals of vanity and luxery then they rationalise all their thoughts to justify it. You see this with girls that deliberately sabatoge their own relationships. They act crazy as to provoke their undesirable man into justifying her release through an outburst of his own. Or you see this with the cuckholdery fetish, where the aim is to completely destroy her boyfriends ability to function through deceptively portraying self deprecating acts, acts like feminization that are meant to put people into compromising and self destructive positions, thereby allowing herself to excuse herself from the mess she created. The often don't do this because it's evil, although it appears that eway, its that they dont have any idea of a conceptuality of right and wrong. Their idea of right vs wrong boils down to dont get caught. But once they come to realise what kind of damage and wickedness it is they are doing, like anyone else, there innate moral bounderies kick in and stop them.

So lies. Lies are bad. people need to point out BS where they see it.

1|0
    0|0
  • You find women who follow their head, not their instincts.

99% of people are barely functional primates, so good luck.

1|2
    1|0
  • dont fall for gold diggers. Most women just want a good honest caring guy. If a guy falls victim to hypergamy, its of his own doing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never settle. Keep your options open. Treat every realtionship as temporary. In other words you can't really win. All you can do is have a plan B.

I have heard many women say they would never leave their man and guess what, they all did.

1|3
    1|0
  • You beat it by making certain that any girl you get with is truly INTO you.. and then by keeping that initial spark alive for as long as possible.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't think most women trade up for money out side of a very few sociopathic individuals. Most people once they grow attached to someone want to stay with them unless something is going wrong.

1|1
    0|0
  • A lot of girls care about money, but they likely wouldn't leave just because another guy has more. Girls generally care a lot about the strong connection they have with their guy.

1|1
    0|0
  • You work really hard on yourself and become a desirable man.

0|2
    1|1
    • The guy next street can work as hard as I do and achieve better results.

• Show All
    • I know that.

• So quit this app for a while. Or at least post more optimistic questions and start believing in urself.. There's no cure for sluttiness and sexiness it's not going anywhere I don't think

• Hypergamy more than just based on money, it's based on a man's overall status and defining charisma.

You could more easily say that Hypergamy is women chasing Alpha-ness and being an alpha does not require being rich.

That is how you prevent being a victim of Hypergamy, you up your own alpha-ness.

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually hypergamy is more so based on social STATUS, not money.. Money of course, does a lot to help increase status but the actual goal for females is status chasing.

1|2
    1|0
  • You go somewhere your value is higher. Just because your mate value is low in your current market, doesn't mean it's gonna be low in every market. Unless you seriously suck.

0|2
    1|0
  • Its true that women (and in fact men too) search for their best option, real question must be what is the best option for that woman? And with it, I mean, what does it have value for her?

0|1
    1|0
  • It is not rocker science. You just ignore the 15% or so of women who are gold diggers.

2|1
    0|0
  • If a particular woman is hypergamous, you're out of luck with her.

1|1
    0|0
  • You look for someone who is interested in building something together rather than a predatory person.

1|1
    0|0
  • be your happy self they will confide and reside lol money is what? lol

0|0
    1|0
  • be tall and good looking thats it :)

0|1
    1|2
    • AND MAKE A TON OF MONAAAYYY 😂😂
      I mean it could help, right?

• no money helps when u look for a gold digger
      money doesn't help
      looks does

• Go the opposite direction.

Be pure and chaste.

0|1
    0|0
  • By being the best a man can be. 😁

0|1
    1|0
  • Get better taste in women.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|2
    1|1
  • You don't

1|2
    0|0
  • Don't flash money or expensive things.

0|1
    1|0
  • Get rich.

0|1
    2|0
  • Nice picture lol

1|1
    0|0
  • What do we do about hyperbole?

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t need anyone for money I make my own money.

1|3
    0|0
  • "Practically nothing stops women from just getting a new and richer boyfriend" Yes, something does. Lack of options. Give a below-average-looking girl a chance

1|3
    0|0
  • Girls in your age cum just by a guy lookinfg at them. It's not a money thing. You either take care of yourelf and don't be always available with your time and Let them chase you or attempt celibacy before they ruin with their disloyalty

0|1
    1|0
  • Ok first of all stop thinking that the rich guy will want just any female or that women call the shots in relationships
    Look literally any girl wants a rich guy, but that doesn’t mean that the rich guy will want her. What girls don’t understand is that when a man is highly valuable to women he’s going to fuck and dump every girl that comes his way, not marry her lol

0|1
    2|1

Recommended myTakes