What’s the main reason you haven’t been dating lately?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Split with wife. Have been working on my life.

Have been working hard on overcoming my horrible childhood.
    Making breakthroughs in my mind and spirit constantly.

Becoming more and more in tune with other people and learning how to socialize and flirt and love others.

I don’t feel ready to date anyone. I know towards the end of my self discovery journey I am going to be a seriously good catch. I want to date around and fuck around and find someone to love eventually.

For now, I flirt, I talk, I engage with girls. I’m not in a spot right now to really date. I’m working full time and going to school more than full time starting May. I won’t have time for anything! But my career will start and I will be back on my feet again after divorce. I can’t wait to start my new life and have a life that’s fun instead of full of pain and anguish.

1|0
    0|0
    • I wish you nothing but love, light and happiness! Life is definitely all about the journey, not the destination and you seem to finally found the ground and are running with it. Great to hear!

• I live in area where no decently educated woman lives, usually school dropout mummies.

In uni now so time is not at greatest availability. I study degree where is only one girl in class and she is not looking after her self and probably lesbian.

Hate going to noisy pubs/bars, as usually there drunk people who do not remember much in morning and sticky carpet not really my think.

When I see someone worthy to talk to she is already married or have boyfriend...

Everybody is on apps, but rarely anybody said any good about it.

Could be that I'm to good at finding excuses too.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Bc I split up from a guy that was really bad and it was so confusing and emotionally distressing that I needed time. And then realised that I went into the relationship for the wrong reasons. Even though I would like a relationship now it wouldn’t be for the right reasons

0|0
    0|0
    • Me too. I met this guy at work that had a girlfriend. He was attracted to me. They broke up. I saw him on a dating app recently but he’s never on. Figured he’s not looking and I’m not too so I guess timing has to be right. But i understand completely

• I find it really difficult to be faithful to one person. So I just don't get into serious relationships because I don't want to hurt anyone.

1|0
    0|0
    • Does it make sense for someone who was just in a relationship to be in a dating app, update it, and not be in. Do you think there not looking if they were just in a relationship?

• Show All
    • I think it’s best to wait it out

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Mainly Money and Time - I don't go out enough to movies or restaurants or bowling alleys to meet guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men just in general do not express interest in me. They never have. I've always had a hard time getting a date.

3|0
    0|0
  • Because I am living with my girlfriend.

0|0
    0|1
  • Decided to be asexual and truly figuring out I have very little emotional and sexual tension towards people. Being attractive myself I give people the wrong intention so it doesn’t help. Do I see people and admire their overall looks, sure but, I do not find them sexually appealing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me and them literally don't speak the same language. I speak German and English fluently and where I'm stranded at nearly nobody speaks either. Population count in my area of residence is 1 million.

Also there is a significant cultural difference.
    I'm oriented on the European/German culture. I think like a German, walk like a German, work like a German, understand and explain like a German, speak like a German, laugh like a German, eat like a German and live like a German.

The eastern culture is just vastly different. I don't feel comfortable assimilating into what's not suitable for me.

Sometimes people ask me why i do what i do. Some of them still don't understand me even after explaining. But that's okay because i know what I'm doing.

They laugh at their jokes and i can't see anything funny in their jokes.

No prejudices from me whatsoever. I just don't fit in in the east.

And this is how to be "involuntarily single" for the dominating majority of the time... Even Less chances of success if you're male due to the dating market being the way it generally is (all this hunters and gatherers BS).

Does that make any sense?

0|0
    0|0
  • Once too often I was rejected, left heartbroken, cheated on and used.
    A man can be hurt only so many times before he reaches evidence-based conclusions about female nature and takes a decision to walk away.
    Add to that current laws that criminalise the act of approaching a female and that today’s consensual sex can become tomorrow’s false rape allegation.
    I have had to defend two false workplace sexual harassment allegations, which were made by spiteful women because I declined their sexual advances.
    The Duluth model into which police, magistrates and judges are ‘educated’ does away with a man’s fundamental civil rights, which includes the presumption of innocence and Duluth reverses the burden of proof.
    Under the Duluth model, it is possible for a woman to destroy a man’s life by mere allegation.
    Family Law and the courts are weighted so heavily against men that a man would have to be drooling at the mouth retarded to cohabit with, or marry a female.
    Here in Australia, Feminists are lobbying to have the law changed so that a woman can make a divorce-style claim on a man’s property if they have been dating, but not cohabitating.
    Child support is so grotesquely unjust that men are ordered to pay for children who are not theirs. In some jurisdictions, it is a crime for a man to seek a DNA test to determine whether or not a child is his.
    Really and truly, what sort of idiot man would throw himself into the woodchipper of seeking female company?

0|0
    0|0
  • For one, I'm bogged down with studies. For two, i live with my parents. And for three, I don't have a social circle through which I can meet new people. I mean, I have friends in school and maybe a couple outside of it that I don't meet often, but I have no close ones. No bros or anything. So I have no idea what a loner has to do to meet new people, especially girls who, I assume, likely want someone socially active.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess I just don't feel attractive/good enough physically, emotionally, and mentally.

Men are shallow/too horny for me right now and girls just don't seem interested.

0|0
    0|1
    • Does it make sense for someone who was just in a relationship to be in a dating app, update it, and not be in. Do you think there not looking if they were just in a relationship?

• Show All
    • I'm sure that everyone that isn't on a dating app is either in a relationship, just fine being single, too busy to get caught up in the struggle of using the app, or just doesn't like them or care for them out of genuine indifference or a less than ideal experience (s) with one.

• He was just in a relationship so you’d probably think he’s single

• Not sure. I geuinely not really looking. I don't mind finding a girl to just talk to and be friends with. But that's rare to find nowadays. Dating isn't a big focus atm.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm.. I seem to have some sort of six month curse. Outside of that, just had to get life together, and needed a break to work on myself. had some big life changes and a relationship wouldn’t have made it through, or started.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could type up a long, detailed type of essay to answer this question, but I'll just shorten the answer up with a simple "Tired of women's bullshit". I'm sure that was blunt & rude, but I'm just telling it like it is in a concise way.

0|2
    0|0
  • I got tired of guys always leaving me for beautiful girls. I think as an ugly person I feel a lot better when I build up walls and remain emotionally detached.

0|1
    1|0
  • I work 5:00pm-12:30 5/6 days per week, and I literally never get Friday or Saturday off. I moved last August and people have generally made it very clear that I'm more than unwelcome here and they're even more judgmental than they are back at my real home. At this point, I'm unsure if I even want to make connections because long term, I think I should go to live someplace better.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one has expressed interest in me lately, and I haven't met anyone that I've really been interested in for a while. Just started a new job and there are maybe three women (and 30 men) who work there. So things aren't looking up right now. I also don't drink much anymore, so going out to bars and such doesn't have much appeal.

0|0
    0|0
    • You know that you don't have to drink alcohol at bars right? And that you women can be found in many places outside of work?

• @MusicMayhem Still trying to find out where. Went to a Meetup this very night - 8 girls, 27 guys. Yes I counted.

• And whilst you were busy counting, you could have actually been approaching them before someone else does.

Well meetups are a good starter, but you can also try cafes, in the street, the supermarket, a park (If there's other people around), sport events, exhibitions, shows, shopping malls...

Point is women are everywhere dude, you just need to be open to meeting them and not give yourself excuses why you can't approach them.

• Honestly? Several rejections, and women who are just not into me for whatever reason.

0|2
    0|0
  • Most girls are total skanks and low value. I am desperate to date a good girl, and I mean a true good girl. One that goes on dates and doesn't bang every dude they meet.

1|1
    2|0
  • To busy at university. And I'm to shy to approach guys, and not attractive enough to get asked out by them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Taken like a Mofo!!! i still flirt, but i told her this and she's fine with it. but after all that, im her bitch lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Because for some unfathomable reason I decided to take physics 121, chem 222, and bio 342 all in the same term.

0|0
    0|0

• How the fuck would I know?

• It's because I live with my parents. This is my life situation, which won't change anytime soon. No woman wants a relationship with a man who lives with his parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never dated before and never really had anyone who was interested. (Usually when I found someone I liked, they were married or engaged. Not going to break that up. ) In the 30s, I expect it to only get worse and more restricted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anxiety and insecurity. Oh and overweightness. I’ve only ever dated one girl in my life, and she asked me. I’ve never asked anyone myself. at least I can say without lying that I’ve never been rejected xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Just can't seem to come across someone worth my time.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because I can't find a girl who can match my stupidity level
    Oh wait, I have never been able to find that

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm married but before that I didn't feel the need for any guy.
    My life was just perfect.

I was lucky to find someone who can change my mind.
    We are too busy to date right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am doing important changes in my life, and I rather be single until I complete them.

1|3
    0|0
  • Been single for 2 years now, and dated 3 times only. It's less then 18.000 people here, all the good ones have moved away so I'm left with the muck on the bottom of the bucket. So I prefer being alone then to date someone that not "perfect"

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't have a job so when a girl finds out she changes her mind about dating me.

1|1
    0|0
  • because i don't feel like meeting up with some subpar girl just to get some dates in. i just can't seem to find a girl that's worth my time.

0|2
    0|0
  • Its a waste of time. Women aren't upfront about what they want and play games. I rather make money, get money and get fit/hang with my friends than waste energy expressing interest in women

0|1
    0|0
  • I am pretty clear on what I want. And I haven't found her

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm in a relationship.

But when I was single and not dating: I was struggling with myself. I wasn't in a good place to bond with others because I didn't like myself enough. I knew I had been better in the past and would be better again, but in the meantime I needed to work on myself.

When I'm in a good place, I get attention and dating is easy for me, I am considered 'attractive'. When I am in a bad place though, people ignore me and when I try they reject me. Moral of the story: the way you feel about yourself and the vibe you give off matter A LOT in how attractive others see you. To all the people thinking they are too ugly to ever date: you probably are right now, but it's not your physical looks, it's how you present yourself. Improve from inside to make your outside shine!

0|1
    0|0
  • Heartbreak times a long time to heal. And relationships have high stakes. So best to proceed with caution.

1|0
    0|0
  • Haven't met a girl that
    a) is physically attractive
    b) is emotionally attractive
    c) is single, and
    d) finds me attractive

0|1
    0|0
  • Too difficult to find someone that is compatible enough for a long term match that lives close enough for it to be realistic to be together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shy. Not sure of what to say. Fear of rejection. My looks. My missing six-pack abs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because some women who have lovers be showing interest and flirting with me when I try to date single women. These women who have lovers make me don’t want to date them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Marriage to a monogamous woman, children, and not wanting to be a cheater, because feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Made a conscious decision not to bother. Had no serious relationships since the mid nineties.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not attractive enough everyones standards are to high I'm only 5'6 and look like a 17 year old in the face nobody wants that apparently 😂

0|0
    0|0

• I’m not married becuz I’m goin to die n I’m poor n I’m ugly n I’m psycho crazy loony who needs to learn manners laws everything I’m not perfect for any girl 😞

0|0
    0|0
  • Living like a hermit for a few months to refine my internal foundation.

2|0
    0|0
  • nobody wants me, so I quit trying and focus on masturbating.

1|1
    0|0
  • I like to spend my entire weekends drinking obscene amounts of alcohol and a relationship might disrupt my party

0|1
    0|0
  • I really want to go on a date.. sad is nobody's asking me :(

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm considered unattractive because i have a weight issue and I have low income.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tired of looking kinda bored of it to and tbh dint really wanna put anymore effort into a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never had boyfriend. Couldn't find the right person

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m married lol note to everyone single don’t get married it’s all over after that... jk😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Because this is the real world and not a harem anime.

0|0
    0|0

• Show All
    • He’s probably busy with work and I’m worrying for nothing he’s a cop

• No idea, I'm not him.

Show More

Recommended myTakes