25 d

Should I consider my mentality and the way I think? ( Middle Eastern men VS western men)?

I hope no one judges me for this, as I am already feeling depressed and confused. I’m in my mid-twenties and live in a conservative Arab country where many men don’t respect women, especially Arab women. This cultural issue makes even good men unconsciously unfair. I am secular and have always been attracted to Middle Eastern men, but had limited experiences due to societal judgment.

At 25, I dated a white guy who was respectful, gentle, and non-judgmental about my lack of religiosity, unlike the Arab men I had dated. This experience made me realize I value these qualities more than physical appearance. Now, I tend to associate Middle Eastern-looking men with negative traits, although I know this isn't fair.

I’ve dated four white men who were all respectful and gentle, even if I wasn’t attracted to all of them. I feel more comfortable with Western men because we share more values, especially since I’m not religious.

I’m considering only dating white (Western) men, not just for their looks, but because I feel understood and comfortable with them. However, I wonder if I should give the small percentage of Arab men who share my values another chance, even if it takes more time.

Am I right for considering only white (Western) men?
Should I consider my mentality and the way I think? ( Middle Eastern men VS western men)?
Post Opinion