"Famous" Singers Around the World You Have Never Heard of.. or Did You? -Faces and Songs- part 8

Yes, we all know Shakira from Colombia and Beyonce from the USA, but there are so many other great artists around the globe that we don't really consider world wide famous, because we never heard of them.

Let's see if you know any of them, and if you know some others that should be heard.

Enjoy

KOREAHong Jin Young,

Trot singer Hong Jin Young has many hit songs like "Cheer Up" and "Love's Battery."

PAKISTAN ALI ZAFAR, Ali Mohammad Zafar is a Pakistani actor, singer-songwriter, and musician.
CUBAPolito Ibañez, a composer and a singer, one of the contemporary artists in Cuba that is also known as "Trubadors"
TAIWAN Jolin Tsai, she's a Taiwanese pop artist that first surfaced in 1999. Her debut album, 1999's "Jolin 1019", went on to sell over 400,000 copies in Asia, and Jolin went on to be one of Asia's best known Taiwanese pop stars.

ALBANIADafina Zeqiri, She's a Kosovar-Albanian performer. Her amazing performances and dancing skills made her popular in the whole Balkan Territories.
SWEDENAgnes Carlsson, she started out in Swedish Idol, and when it came to choose the songs for the competition she had a particular taste of genres.

SOUTH AFRICAHugh Masekela, the agony, conflict, and exploitation South Africa faced during the 1950s and 1960s inspired and influenced this amazing man to make music.
ISREALIdan Raichel, his style has Middle Eastern influences, but also draws on Latin American and African music.

RUSSIAValeria Kozlova, also called Lera, formed the band Ranetki girls with school friends.

MONGOLIA Amarkhuu Borkhuu is well known for his participation as a judge in the widely popular Mongolian television show Universe Best Songs.

TURKEYTarkan Tevetoğlu, he is a Turkish pop singer, although he was born in West Germany, he grew up in Turkey. He has released several platinum-selling albums.

PHILIPPINESAgot Isidro, she was born in Manila and she is a Actor, Singer, Presenter, TV Personality.

BOLIVIALuzmila Carpio has been awarded Grand Officer of the Order of Merit of the French Republic.

TANZANIA
Nakaaya Sumari,
she's a R&B and Hip Hop singer, She signed a record contract with Sony BMG in 2009 after a tour in Denmark.

ITALY (YAY)

Marco Mengoni, He won the third series of the Italian Talent Show X Factor in 2009. (By the way my boyfriend looks just like him people sometimes freak out)

GERMANYYvonne Catterfeld, is a German singer, songwriter, actress and TV host, and has such an angelic voice just like her angelic face.

MALAYSIAYunalis Mat Zara'ai, is actually known as Yuna, singer-songwriter and businesswoman. Yuna offered her music on her MySpace page, which received over one million plays.

If you guys know any other celebrity from your country, i would love love love love to see them in the comment section.

Thank you and you should try and listen to these artists, they are amazing for not being globally famous.

Lots of love

Natured <3

1021
natured is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know Ali Zafar, a very nice singer. There is another one Atif Aslam, he is also a fabulous singer !!

Most Helpful Girl

• My favourite french Canadian singer is Pierre Lapoint he is on le Voix (the voice) and quite popular in Canada. He is especially cool because he has an amazing voice but he's not afraid to experiment and really go out there with his music. Kinda like how Regina Spector experiments a lot with her sound

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 20

• I'm afraid I don't know any of these but I'm checking them out at the moment. I've never been good with paying attentions to musicians and bands unless I heard their songs over and over.

Here's another one from Korea, J. Fla:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t47sBiy2lfo

• I only know about J. Fla since my friend is a bartender and he's crazy about her and Ariana Grande. He plays her music videos constantly. I think he wants to marry her.

• Nice list. a lot of them I never heard of before. Over here to much main stream music gets over played to much. We need more radio stations to play different artists and more different music.

• I don't really pay attention to the homes of the singers I like. All that matters to me is that I like their music.

• I've heard of the Italian guy, only because I'm Italian but haven't heard songs, I have family who have been to Italy a bunch of times my grandparents are both immigrants from Italy granted they were just babies at the time, but they go to Italy all the time! Wish I could go!

• Aww, that is amazing, well you should come and visit, Italy has a lot to offer and WE ARE CRAZY, and very very open minded, ;) i saw your questions so i kinda know you, and YOU would be very loved over here trust me.
      Well you should listen to Marco Mengoni, he has an amazing voice and has nice songs.. it might just be me because he looks like my boyfriend LOL.

• Oh if only I could afford it!!! I need myself an Italian girl!!

• Sorry, not heard of any of these.

I have heard of plenty that I wish I hadn't heard of, though... :(

• not many people have heard of Stromae from France, huge artist there and his stuff is incredibly creative and deep.

• correction: He's Belgian, it's easy to mix it up when he's speaking french with two countries right next to each other and they're both speaking french

• Tarkan Tevetoğlu and Agnes Carlsson are the only two that ring a bell for me the Turkish singer because his annoying hit song back in the 90`s Agnes was famous back in 2010. by the way OP you could have added videos for the rest we haven`t heard ; )

• Well, I don't even know (or care) about a lot of the most mainstream ones, it goes without saying that I dom't know this ones.

• I would pay to see Jolin Tsai gargle...

• Asian girls are always hot. I like this take.

• You're right. I've never heard of any of them.

• These are all new to me, but honestly if they aren't rockers I don't know or really care.

• I''ve only ever heard of Agot isidro cuz she's hot lol i don't listen to her music

• Thats great I don't know any of them. I like certain types of Asian music so I might check them out.

• Never heard about any of these.
    Music isn't my cup of tea I guess.

• Don't worry, I never heard of them either, but i discovered them :D

• I knew Tarkan and Ibanez :)

• Nice take I will definitely listen to these artists.

• I wish I didn't know Mengoni.

What Girls Said 9

• Try the French singer Indila-I just fell in love with her music!

• I only knew Jolin Tsai and Yuna, love both of their music.

• I knew Yuma prior to this list!

• I only know Hong Jin Young and Ali Zafar :) Ali has an amazing voice, love his songs ^^

• Agnes Monica. Indonesian singer who has now gone international and has collabs with some US rapper

• I've heard of Tarkan since I'm living in Turkey, he's so popular here. I've heard Agnes Carlsson too, I like her songs 'On And On' and 'One Last Time'.

• Turkey has so many amazing singers, I WOULD LOVE TO VISIT UGH !!!
      media.giphy.com/media/Jdh9rUHyaq3DO/giphy.gif

• Haha xx these places are everywhere then

• Toygar Işıklı çok muhteşem de ! :)

• Tarkan😍I went to the last concert. It was great!❤
    https://youtu.be/dyBfZ135LBg

• good list

• No why should I? I don't understand a thing they are talking about

• Some of them sing in English, and I think music does now KNOW language, it should just give out emotions

• Exactly you think