International Women's Day: A Look At Some Of The Most Influential Female Singers

The music world is filled with dozens of influential females. From The Andrews Sisters in the 1940s to modern day songstresses like Adele, Beyonce, and Demi Lovato. Just a heads up not everyone is going to like these choices, but you can't deny that they are very influential in the music industry and shaped the mold for female singers today.

The Andrews Sisters

Wanda Jackson

Marlene Dietrich

Patsy Cline

Lavern Baker

Diana Ross

Loretta Lynn

Janis Joplin

Dolly Parton

Cyndi Lauper

Whitney Houston

Celine Dion

Shania Twain

Britney Spears

Avril Lavigene

Taylor Swift

Katy Perry

Beyonce

Adele

Demi Lovato

Selena Gomez

Lady Gaga

Rhiannah

You might not agree with all of these or you may add some of your own, but no dout these women were defintetely influential in the music field!

#InternationalWomensDay

#BadassWomenSingers

75
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• From patsy cline all the way down <3 <3 <3

Its true that these women have a lot of influence on the world today but I loves the messages sent out from those in the past. Things were so different then. They didn't show their bodies, they had more class, the songs were more meaningful. It was appropriate for all ages.

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 6

• Mrs. Ella Fitzgerald and Mrs. Aretha Franklin are missing on this list :) some of the best vocalist and most influential of the last 100 years.

• I forgot to mention them I had them planned before I wrote this take

• Wanda is great too. She puts a lot of fire into her songs

• ooooh, I know some of her songs, she has a great voice:) fire indeed

• Honestly I loved IWD until this year when it became a strike.

IWD was supposed to be a day all about love for women not boycotting and striking. It was a day I used to look forward to and now super hateful pissed off other women have taken that away from me. It's tainted.

• Patsy Cline is pretty cool, I am singing one of her songs in a show.

• Avril Lavigene bugs the shit out of me, she's a wannabe pop-punk singer. Now, if you want female pop-punk, Hayley Williams is awesome!

• Aren't they all. It's really an image they project it's not really them. Avril started in country until a producer gave her the rock chick emo look. Listen to all her early songs slow them down and remove the heavy metal guitars and stick in a steel guitar then you have a country song. Haley Williams comes off the same pop factory conveyor a young pretty girl pop in front of a microphone with a band and told what sing and what to do.

• @Iraqveteran666 A few bands become like that, but the majority (Against Me!, Against The Current, or Dash Ten, for example) chug along just fine. I feel like Paramore did a Panic! At The Disco, seeing as the other members of the band have either left, or taken breaks during the band'a run.

• True maybe. I also think band excluding U2 mostly have a sell date.

• Very nice list!

• What about Etta James and Aretha Franklin?

What Guys Said 4

• Most of those songs were probably written by men except of course Dolly who not only is an amazing singer but is a great musician and brilliant song writer.

• good list but incomplete without billy holiday or Ella Fitzegerald in my opinion

love me some patsy cline

• I love most of the women on here. Especially The Andrews Sisters, Dolly, Loretta, Marlene, the Supremes, as well as Ella Fitzgerald, even though she isn't on here.

• Nice mytake