Toad-1's Favorite Video Game for Each Year Since I Have Been Born (Part 2: 2003-2017)

Here's part 2 of my favorite video games per year list. Starting with 2003! see part 1: 1983-2002 here: https://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/a47271-toad-1-s-favorite-video-game-for-each-year-since-i-have-been-born

2003: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)

My favorite Star Wars game that made me buy the original Xbox just to play it!

2004: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)

After GTA III and Vice City, there came San Andreas. It's still my favorite GTA game to this day. Love the huge map.

2005: Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

If anyone ever tells you video games cannot be art, just show them this game. Very beautiful game with epic music and is lots of fun too.

2006: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360)

Just a magical game that I could get lost in. One of the first and one of the best open world sand box type games for me. Love the music for this one.

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

One of my favorite Mario games of all time with a phenomenal soundtrack.

Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)

Yup, another Smash Bros game. The one on the Wii was good for its time and I spent many hours online with it.

2009: Minecraft (PC, PS4)

Yes I do love some Minecraft. I love being able to build anything i like!

2010: Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360)

A very fun Western open world game! GTA in the Wild West.

2011: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)

Of course Skyrim had to be on here. Spent many many hours on this one!

2012: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

Very immersive RPG world with lots to explore and see! Still have yet to beat this one.

2013: Grand Theft Auto V (PS3, PS4)

Just soo much fun getting in a car and running over people. >:) A very pretty looking game too.

2014: Super Smash bros for Wii U (Wii U)

Yup! Another Smash Bros game on my list. This one is for sure my favorite of them all with sooo many characters to choose from. Here's hoping they release a Switch version!

2015: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)

Another very fun open world adventure game! Geralt was an interesting protagonist as well

2016: Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

Toad-1's Favorite Video Game for Each Year Since I Have Been Born (Part 2: 2003-2017)I didn't play that many new games in 2016, but FFXV was a decent one in my opinion. The story lacked, but I dug the combat. I still haven't beaten it yet though.

2017: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

And, finally, a game I was looking forward too soo much last year and when i got it i was sooo not disappointed. It's the Zelda game I've always wanted to play. Can't wait for the DLC coming soon.

Sooo there you have it. Hope you enjoyed my list. Here's hoping for more years of great memorable games!

I have had lots of fun making it and please share what your favorite games are per year.

820

Most Helpful Girl

• Nice :) I also played the witcher 3 and really enjoyed and saw gameplay of FF XV, it was gorgeous and looked pretty hard too!

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember how popular the Elder Scrolls oblivion was when it first came out, it was advertised almost everywhere. I barely purchased it a couple of years ago in 2014. I couldn't believe I put aside such a great game for so long. For a 2006 game, it is truly a masterpiece. I think that was the dawn of a new era for Video games. I think it's one of the first video games to feature ragdoll physics, the first being Jurrasic Park:Tresspasser (1998). Ragdoll physics were in development since the late 1990s.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

What Guys Said 19

• Shadow of the Collosus was a beautiful game and there needs to be more like it. Skyrim is one of those games that always gets addictive.

Final Fantasy XV I love it until it glitched out and none of the npc's spawned. I even loved the ending (which was linear, dark and felt a bit rushed) which most people hated. It really had a way to really pull you into the characters. The gameplay was fun (though I wish you could control and play as the other members of the party too).

• Great list in total except Skyrim is the most overrated game ever :/
    But then again I can't think of a better 2011 game... honestly I feel like 2010-present has been getting extremely stale. The culture has changed and games don't focus on the same stuff anymore. Maybe I'm just getting old.

• Great list!

Red Dead Redemption is an amazing game!

Even though it's an open world game like GTA, it always felt more "real" to me because the stuff on the streets of Los Santos is just too chaotic to be true.

On the other hand, being the wild west, I expect it to chaotic, violent and lawless. 🙂

• Legend of Zelda looks amazing! I wish I could try it out sometime soon, but I'm only stuck with the U..

• I'm a Jedi kind of a guy, so The Knights of the Old Republic for me.

• I loved Kotor 1 and 2. Skyrim and witcher were awesome too. I have no idea how people can play minecraft.

• Ah, the good old and some newer games, excellent Take.

• kickass article brother, nice to see I'm not the only ride or die action/adventure lover!

• 2017: Rainbow Six: Siege, Playerunknowns' Battlegrounds, Albion online.

• You're a definite gamer, that's quite a list, Grand theft Auto looks like a lot of fun

• Yes to everything in list :D i want to play shadow of colossus, read dead redemption am on pc..

• Damn Gta San Andreas and Skyrim are my favorite and I still have them on my pc.

• SKYRIM!!!

• Aaaaaaaa get out of my heeeeeeead!!!
    Awesome.

• Witcher 3 is my most fav game <3

• I think Skyrim was better on PS4.

• Cool and interesting :D

• Nice myTake

• The total war series