Best Movies of 2017!

2017 has not been an incredibly fruitful year in terms of movies, but there were some that really stood out to me as something new, original or just plain interesting and entertaining, and here they are:

Get Out (2017)

Best Movies of 2017!

Although this movie was pretty much a copy of Skeleton key (2005) with Kate Hudson, it was still a pretty good movie - if you have 1 hour and 44 minutes to kill - this is your movie!

"It's time for a young African American to meet with his white girlfriend's parents for a weekend in their secluded estate in the woods, but before long, the friendly and polite ambience will give way to a nightmare."

Wonder Woman (2017)

Best Movies of 2017!

A classic quality super heroine movie we've all been waiting for is finally here - in 2017!

"When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, Diana, an Amazonian warrior in training, leaves home to fight a war, discovering her full powers and true destiny."

Dunkirk (2017)

Best Movies of 2017!

A war movie that pretty much touched everyone who's seen it. It's a story of war, not of the individual. A person watching really gets the magnitude of suffering and casualties of something so serious and dangerous - if you're in for a depiction of reality look no further!

"Allied soldiers from Belgium, the British Empire and France are surrounded by the German Army, and evacuated during a fierce battle in World War II."

It (2017)

Best Movies of 2017!

A horror movie done right! Besides the elements of fantasy, sci-fi and horror, you truly feel like you're in the 80's - a terrific piece of cinema indeed!

"A group of bullied kids band together when a shapeshifting demon, taking the appearance of a clown, begins hunting children."

Split (2016 - came out in 2017)

Best Movies of 2017!

Split is a movie people of good taste should all see! it's a thriller with elements of psychological play by the main character. James McAvoy is staggeringly talented and plays his roles seamlessly. If you're a fan of psychological thrillers - give this a watch. You certainly won't regret it!

"Three girls are kidnapped by a man with a diagnosed 23 distinct personalities. They must try to escape before the apparent emergence of a frightful new 24th."

What movies have you utterly enjoyed this year?
List them below!

1719
LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• GET OUT was one of those movies I had heard great things about, but which was utter utter shit.

I think you have to be American to like Get Out. Or come from a country with a history of slavery and stuff. Because without that, the movie is just dumb as shit.

Wonder Woman was by far the best of the DC super hero movies.

IT was entertaining, but had some really horribly bad moments in it. With some very minor tweaks it could have been amazing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Spider-Man Homecoming
    Baby Driver
    Transformers The Last Knight (Yeah I know people hate it but come on)
    Logan
    Guardians of The Galaxy V2
    Wonder Woman
    All in no particular order
    and I'm looking forward to
    Thor Ragnarok
    Justice league
    and most of all
    Star Wars The Last Jedi

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 18

• My favorite movies of 2017:-

1. Blade Runner 2049
    2. Dunkirk
    3. Mother!
    4. War for The Planet of The Apes
    5. Wind River
    6. Baby Driver
    7. Logan
    8. Split
    9. Good Time
    10. Gerald's Game
    11. To The Bone
    12. Get out
    13. IT
    14. The Lego Batman
    15. Wonder Woman

• Only ones I didn't see was Dunkirk, and IT.. I kinda wanna see IT cause they say if you like Stranger Things you'll love IT.. I might see Dunkirk but some people didn't like the way the story was told.. I'd say my favorites are either "Split" or "Get Out".. Wonder Woman was good but a bit over hyped.. War for the Planet of The Apes is in for the best too..

• Well, Wonder Woman and It are my favorites here, I'd also add the new Blade Runner and War For The Planet Of The Apes and some upcoming movies like Justice League and Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
    Very good Take :)

• I haven’t seen wonderwoman
    I saw the trailer it looked unrealistic
    & don’t say I hate it just because she’s a woman, I don’t like Superman either

I’ve seen get out 💜

I’ve seen bits of split,
    Walked in on my mom watching it

I’ve seen the beginning of it, but not the entire movie
    Phone died while watching

• Its better than superman. Superman fights with "superpowers" unlike batman with technological stuffs and his super badass looking car, and wonderwoman fights with real experience. I mean she is a half god what do u expect.

• @xCherryKizz
      Turn into one, you act like I care lol
      You being a feminist isn’t going to change anything
      I’m still not going to watch super woman
      Or Wonder Woman whatever she is

If Wonder Woman is so interesting, how come there aren’t many movies about Wonder Woman
      She sucks

She can breathe underwater... ok?
      So can lizard man or whatever his
      Again with the lack of originality

She learnt meditation... wake me up once it gets interesting

It’s just boring, she had to go through a lot of physical labour...
      what super hero hasn’t?

I like cat woman, but she’s not a favorite super hero
      She has to use gadgets but at least she’s Isn’t being unrealistic with punches that send people through walls

• Yeah okay whatever you dont deserve that movie anyway. Bai boy

• Loved wonder woman, got the 3D blu-ray now which gets regular viewings. I've not seen most of the others so will need to check them out.

Blade Runner was way too long and dull for us. Neither of us liked it and are fans of the first one.

• I saw “Get Out” , “Wonder Woman” and “It” . I liked Wonder Woman the best. Recently saw Blade Runner, Kingsman and Geostorm, pretty good movies also of 2017

• There's better ones that came out, IT wasn't really that good, split was alright.

Agree with the rest.

• Sallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you should add Thor Ragnarok in your list

• I haven't seen any of those movies... I def should huh

• Get Out and Split catch my attention of this list

• Dunkirk

• IT was just "😂😂"

• LOVED Wonder Woman!

• thor

• I agree with this list,

• Dunkirk was amazing.

• I haven't seen any of them

• I haven't seen movies in long time

What Girls Said 16

• Get Out and Split were great.

• I only agree on "Split", the rest is garbage, imho.
    Id add "Viking", a russian movie about Vladimir of the Rurik dynasty and christianization of Russia in 988.

• Blade Runner 2049 and Dunkirk are best movies of the year till now

• I absolutely loved wonder woman. It's great to see a movie with a strong female lead sometimes :)

• IT was ok. not that scary, you could pretty much guessed what was going to happen.

• I have got a major girl crush on wonder woman after watching the movie.

• I loved IT!
    i still need to watch Spilt.. it looks really good.

• Get out was creepy as hell and I couldn’t even finish it. The rest I didn’t see.

• Haven't watched any of them. IT looks very good though.

• Logan & Wonder Woman also Split

• I saw all these movies except Split.

• loved wonder women because i am a wonder women ;}

• Yes Split was very good...

• I don't wanna watch them.

• I wanted to see split.

• Happy death day and the babysitter